weekend breaks in ireland

Started by kinghen, September 09, 2008, 02:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FL/MAYO

Quote from: Celt_Man on March 06, 2011, 04:36:54 PM
Anyone any opinions on the G hotel in Galway?  Theres talk of heading there for a couple of nights during the week in the near future...

I stayed there a couple of years ago, it epitomizes all that was wrong with the celtic tiger, a totally over rated hotel that is built near an industrial park, it was not my cup of tea at all.

TacadoirArdMhacha

We've booked into the Victoria Hotel in Galway for a stag party in May. Anybody ever stayed there before?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on March 06, 2011, 07:22:35 PM
We've booked into the Victoria Hotel in Galway for a stag party in May. Anybody ever stayed there before?

Not sure what the hotel is like, but its in a fantastic central location, just off Eyre Square, only hop-skip&jump to the Skeff.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: FL/MAYO on March 06, 2011, 07:02:13 PM
Anyone any opinions on the G hotel in Galway?  Theres talk of heading there for a couple of nights during the week in the near future...

I stayed there a couple of years ago, it epitomizes all that was wrong with the celtic tiger, a totally over rated hotel that is built near an industrial park, it was not my cup of tea at all.

Yip FL/MAYO, good call it has Celtic Tiger written all over it.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

gawa316

Headin down to Killashee House near Naas for the wedding anniversary.

Any recommendations of stuff to do in the surrounding area?

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 06, 2011, 07:28:37 PM
Quote from: FL/MAYO on March 06, 2011, 07:02:13 PM

Yip FL/MAYO, good call it has Celtic Tiger written all over it.

:D :D :D Mayo lads talking about Galway hotels. What has Mayo to offer? nothing at all.

randomtask

going down to portlaoise to see the tyrone match with a few lads, going to head out after where is the good spots to hit?

gawa316

Anyone recommend a self-catering house in Achill? Preferably in Dugort or Keel. It would need 3 bedrooms at least and good location to beach, pubs, shops etc

gawa316

Heading to Achill for the 12th week. Been a right few times so know the island pretty well.

So basically asking what is to do in surrounding area? Is westport worth a day trip? Anywhere else?

Any Achill/Mayo locals here that could point out any hidden treasures?

There'll be a 1 & 2 yr old so frequent pub visits will be limited :(

ross4life

Quote from: gawa316 on June 05, 2011, 09:32:47 PM
Heading to Achill for the 12th week. Been a right few times so know the island pretty well.

So basically asking what is to do in surrounding area? Is westport worth a day trip? Anywhere else?Any Achill/Mayo locals here that could point out any hidden treasures?

Wesport always worth a look as is Ballina good beach beside it in Enniscrone Co Sligo you could also check out Clifden town & it's ideal base to explore Connemara.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tony Baloney

So basically asking what is to do in surrounding area? Is westport worth a day trip? Anywhere else?

Any Achill/Mayo locals here that could point out any hidden treasures?

Reroute the flute.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ross4life on June 05, 2011, 10:35:00 PM

So basically asking what is to do in surrounding area? Is westport worth a day trip? Anywhere else?Any Achill/Mayo locals here that could point out any hidden treasures?

Wesport always worth a look as is Ballina good beach beside it in Enniscrone Co Sligo you could also check out Clifden town & it's ideal base to explore Connemara.

Tumble jungle in ballina, great spot for the kiddies to run about. Slides, nets, cages with balls etc

gawa316

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2011, 10:46:09 PM
Reroute the flute.

Music never was a strong point! Saying that I'll probably stay out of the Minuan.

Cheers for the other advice lads. Was looking last night and there is some place called Westport House and Pirate world or something similar, is it worth a visit?

saffron sam2

Quote from: gawa316 on June 06, 2011, 07:34:31 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 05, 2011, 10:46:09 PM
Reroute the flute.

Music never was a strong point! Saying that I'll probably stay out of the Minuan.

Cheers for the other advice lads. Was looking last night and there is some place called Westport House and Pirate world or something similar, is it worth a visit?

Not really no. Very expensive for what you get. Think the two children would be a bit young for it.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

fitzroyalty

A few of us are thinking of booking Galway city for a boozy weekend during the July fortnight.

Mid/late twenties, any recommendations for accommodation, nightclubs, eateries, etc?