Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cut the crap

To the new poster who I believe to be a member of the nodding dog brigade , I have never mentioned the canal court on this forum who I believe have been invaluable in its support of Down football , you may have got me mixed up with another poster who thought Sean og wouldn't be welcomed in the Canal Court , I know nothing on that subject, I have never questioned his ability to administer indeed I have commented on his good to work ethic, however when you have someone in charge who has presided over disaster after disaster , there is no other option but to get rid of that person if they choose to doggly cling on to their position , and there are some on here who claim to know me , so what I will stand up and say it how it is , we need change , we need it now , and if it gets messy then so be it , it's now time for an open meeting , if you along with the nodding dog brigade have Down footballs interests at heart you will call this meeting, failure to do so shows a self preservation and interest that is at best shameful and finally to the Richard head who asked me for my credentials , what's yours p***k.

knockitdown

Some fluff being spouted on these pages recently. Serious keyboard warriors  :o

wobbller

Quote from: knockitdown on June 27, 2016, 07:59:00 PM
Some fluff being spouted on these pages recently. Serious keyboard warriors  :o
Mostly correct but 2 of these warriors are seriously out of order.

PaudieSull1

Cut the crap I'm no nodding dog and I can guarentee you I know just as much about the GAA (all codes....you do know there is more than one don't you?) and indeed business as you do but some of what you are posting and saying about people is just wrong and incorrect.

If Sean Og is to blame for the last couple of years on the football field in assuming you will be giving him the credit for reaching all Ireland in 2010, the Ulster final in 2012, winning the Christy Ring in 2013 etc etc as you can't have it both ways.

The way people are talking here you would swear Down were winning ulster and all Ireland's every 2/3 yrs when that has never been the case......we won in 1994 and it took another 16 yrs to get back to a final.....prior to 1991 our previous all Ireland was 1968....maybe we aren't as good as we think and we need to rebuild our approach like we are trying to do with the academy etc but to try blame one man for all Down's woes is not only wrong but misses the whole point that the exec as a whole, the clubs, the schools all have a responsibility here but starting a bitter blood letting is going to get us nowhere........

Armagh got rid of their administrator but they are hardly going great guns, relegated to Div3, beat by a poor Laois team and unable to field at weekend in Ulster minor hurling championsip

cut the crap

Let's not get into names just yet, let's start with part of down poster is from , then clubs, unless previously advised, be interesting to see where the support for our current nodding dog team and their leader is coming from, nothing too vitriolic there

wobbller

Quote from: cut the crap on June 27, 2016, 11:57:11 PM
Let's not get into names just yet, let's start with part of down poster is from , then clubs, unless previously advised, be interesting to see where the support for our current nodding dog team and their leader is coming from, nothing too vitriolic there
"Unless previously advised.""Wise up! Support comes from the Clubs and the nodding dog from your own Club probably voted in the nodding dogs that you speak of around the top table. Go see him/her and you'll get your answer. Your mention of "nothing too vitriolic there"is a bit late after the dribble you're been spouting all year.

Brick Tamlin

I think you mean drivel.

But please continue.
Riveting stuff.

Whats a chuckyned?

wobbller

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on June 28, 2016, 08:34:27 AM
I think you mean drivel.

But please continue.
Riveting stuff.

Whats a chuckyned?
Dribble vs. drivel
One definition of drivel is senseless talk or content. Dribble's main noun definition, outside sports, is a small, unsteady stream. The words almost converge where drivel, in a secondary sense,means to slobber or drool (drool being a sort of small, unsteady stream), and this perhaps has something to do with dribble sometimes being used in place of drivel in the senseless talk sense. The mixup is common, but the words are generally kept separate in edited writing.

GAAHEAD1960

Quote from: wobbller on June 28, 2016, 08:46:34 AM
I think you mean drivel.

But please continue.
Riveting stuff.

Whats a chuckyned?
Dribble vs. drivel
One definition of drivel is senseless talk or content. Dribble's main noun definition, outside sports, is a small, unsteady stream. The words almost converge where drivel, in a secondary sense,means to slobber or drool (drool being a sort of small, unsteady stream), and this perhaps has something to do with dribble sometimes being used in place of drivel in the senseless talk sense. The mixup is common, but the words are generally kept separate in edited writing.

Lol, this discussion board has hit an all time low.

wobbller

Quote from: GAAHEAD1960 on June 28, 2016, 11:00:53 AM
Quote from: wobbller on June 28, 2016, 08:46:34 AM
I think you mean drivel.

But please continue.
Riveting stuff.

Whats a chuckyned?
Dribble vs. drivel

Lol, this discussion board has hit an all time low.
You've made a great contribution yourself.

Predictor

Did anyone get up to the 1916-2016 Centenary Cup and Shield Finals in Newry on Sunday evening??

Down Follower

Were there any positives from Saturdays game?
To my mind I thought Barry O Hagan was brilliant. O'Hare may have scored two goals, but O'Hagan was the real danger man, someone who, every time he got the ball, got you out of your seat.  A real throwback to old school corner forward play. 
O'Hare obviously was super as well and a sprinkling of other players performed well at times e.g Mallon, Maginn.

We really were destroyed defensively though, despite having two sweepers at times, and wholesale changes needed here in tactics, personnel, mentality - something needs to change.

Kickouts were once again a disaster, although not quite as bad as Clones.  Serious time needs spent on a strategy here, even if its as simple as get our 2/3 biggest players together and kick it out to them, because the amount of times Down kick to 1 v 3 against is unreal.

The bottom line is we are in the doldrums, no question. Can it get any worse - I dont think so when we havent won a game all year.  We really do need the whole county to come together in order to get out of this. Co Board, Clubs, Players, Coaches, Schools, underage and senior.  We need ideas, we need finance, we need commitment, we need passion, and we need a plan.

our_fella

Read that Down are close to 1.5m quid in debt?  And that they havent paid the referee's their expenses since march? Place is in a bad state!

saulzer

Are any of those who created the Burrenbridge financial catastrophe still involved with the County Board?

forevergreen

Folks, time to change from yapping and blaming one or a few individuals ans look to move forward. At the rate we are turning on each other there'll be no Down men left.

We all make mistakes and some more costly than others but time to go forward.

Few ideas (that might be pie in sky but I'll take a punt)

1) Regarding the debt - request that Central council park defer payments for 2-3 years, offer Newry up as a neutral ground for bigger games (clubs will supply stewards etc FOC, Down let the gates go back to Dublin against debt)

2) Each club to nominate a potential manager/management team (with the agreement of those nominated) - Those selected or shortlisted should then present on their plan ahead. Vote system (transparent to all involved)

3) Clubs or club managers to nominate opposing players who have stood out in club games this year. (As per O'Reilly all stars) players then play through selection process over 3-4 in house games. County management should welcome this and facilitate it as selection.

4) All clubs to encourage players to go and in turn support county team in terms of Physio support etc for their players.

5) Club games go ahead with county players with a ten day rule for National league playoff or Championship games. NFL games 7 day rule.

6) player gym programmes to be set out and players allowed to do this at home club and assessed ongoing to alleviate time demand.

Maybe I'm mental but have to start thinking constructively