Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Is this fight still accessible on any streams? Would like to rewatch it without a Guinness haze  :-\

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 12:39:38 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on April 30, 2017, 12:32:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 30, 2017, 12:07:23 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 30, 2017, 11:51:16 AM
I've rewatched from the 11th on round a few times since & some point the commentators said Joshua was ahead 2-1 on the judges' scorecards, not sure if this was the unofficial ringside scores (Showtime's, Sky's & German TV's) as they were referring to these during the fight  or if they were the real judges' cards. I was a bit surprised myself tbh - unless I picked it up wrong.

The bookies had him 2/1 and Klit 1/3 at the 11th round, they usually are a good judge (no pun)

Judges had joshua ahead tho (2-1) and theyre maybe a bit more important when judging who wins the fight. Imo

That may be true but you'd fancy a 1/3 over a 2/1 surely??

I'd a fiver on Wlad to win on points and up to that point the cash out was 5/2 ... anyways it was up to that point for me very even. Do you get to see what the actual judges scorecards were at that point?

Think you do. One had joshua ahead by 3pts which seemed generous other two were identical and closer, one for each boxer

imtommygunn

Yeah joshua was ahead by 2 judges.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2017, 01:11:18 PM
Yeah joshua was ahead by 2 judges.

Shoulda cashed out then!!!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

nrico2006

Dailymotion has full videos of the fight. Watched a super HAD version this morning again but it's removed now as it was the sky one, there is a few others there but the quality is average
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2017, 12:56:01 PM

That picture is real. Any normal person could have ended up decapitated!!

I know a physio in Mayo who says......
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 30, 2017, 12:04:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2017, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on April 30, 2017, 01:53:37 AM
This fight only confirms that Fury would beat Joshua. Fury schooled klitschko in his own backyard. The amount of disservice shown to that victory is pathetic. Yes fair play to Joshua for getting back up, but his aura is gone.   Wilder is licking his lips and rightly so!

Has anyone here actually seen Wilder? He's woeful.

He's done what he's needed to do and knocked all bar one out. If he hits Joshua, he definitely won't let him off the hook like Wlad and Whyte. It's silly to say he's woeful, yes he is wreckless looking at times but anyone carrying a punch like his is a huge threat, especially to someone who is as easy to hit as Joshua.

Joshua would walk through him. You say Joshua is easy to hit but he's twice the boxer Wilder is - a puncher's chance is no chance at all in most boxing matches. Vlad was able to respond after those hammer blows by Joshua - I don't see Wilder having the experience or indeed the heart to do the same.

If Fury got into proper shape he might give Joshua an ugly, messy scrap. That's the best that's out there past the lad Joshua just beat.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2017, 02:58:35 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 30, 2017, 12:04:58 PM
Quote from: Syferus on April 30, 2017, 11:51:56 AM
Quote from: bridgegael on April 30, 2017, 01:53:37 AM
This fight only confirms that Fury would beat Joshua. Fury schooled klitschko in his own backyard. The amount of disservice shown to that victory is pathetic. Yes fair play to Joshua for getting back up, but his aura is gone.   Wilder is licking his lips and rightly so!

Has anyone here actually seen Wilder? He's woeful.

He's done what he's needed to do and knocked all bar one out. If he hits Joshua, he definitely won't let him off the hook like Wlad and Whyte. It's silly to say he's woeful, yes he is wreckless looking at times but anyone carrying a punch like his is a huge threat, especially to someone who is as easy to hit as Joshua.

Joshua would walk through him. You say Joshua is easy to hit but he's twice the boxer Wilder is - a puncher's chance is no chance at all in most boxing matches. Vlad was able to respond after those hammer blows by Joshua - I don't see Wilder having the experience or indeed the heart to do the same.

If Fury got into proper shape he might give Joshua an ugly, messy scrap. That's the best that's out there past the lad Joshua just beat.

Twice the boxer? How do arrive at that? Has Wilder shown any evidence of not having a heart?
That was never a square ball!!

DuffleKing

In case your interested, that image is photo shopped. The original is pretty horrific too but with a normal length neck

Syferus

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 30, 2017, 12:56:01 PM

That picture is real. Any normal person could have ended up decapitated!!

That picture is not real..

Minder

The photo is as real as the one with the chuckle brother & JayZ at the fight
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

The Iceman

I'll eat my hat here while I type I didn't think joshua had it in him. Fair play. Great fight and both men can hold their head high...some a bit higher than the other going by the PS above!
Great heart shown by Vlad. Joshua had it all and was a deserving winner. Having two big HW's in a back and forth war definitely helps boxing...
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

JimStynes

I've more respect for Vlad after this defeat than I have had before. Really showed some balls. He will be kicking himself that he didn't try and lay on a few more punches after AJ got knocked down.

Il Bomber Destro

I plan on staying up for the Canelo-Chavez fight tonight. Very good undercard too.

Captain Obvious

Canelo stroll that fight was, won every round!