Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Minder on April 29, 2017, 11:14:06 PM
Jesus Christ would they stop asking Bellew questions

I thought bellew was spot on after the tenth round and it was like AJ heard him executing perfectly

Wildweasel74

AJ too heavy, its ok carrying the muscle and going 6/7 rounds, going the distance, the extra weight is a disadvantage, the extra weight is no advantage after u hit the 17stone mark, foreman , Earnie shavers all came in round 16 and 161/2 stone and both hit harder than any current heavyweight

ONeill

Felt bad for Klitschko scrambling for the ropes in the 11th. Father Time does that to all boxers if they keep going back. Joshua's knock down will give him something to work on.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gallsman

Definitely too heavy - you can't be 27 years old and gas in the fifth round right after you've floored a man 14 years older than you.

He did what he had to do and deserves loads of credit but plenty of legitimate doubts still exist.

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2017, 11:15:36 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 29, 2017, 11:12:28 PM
That was a great fight. Joshua has hands like stone and nearly took vlads head off with that uppercut, that punch alone won the fight. Joshua will destroy anyone else. He has shown he has the balls to fight the top guys, yes Vlad is 41 but he was untouchable for 10years. I feel there just wasn't anyone good enough to take him. You also have to remember this lad started boxing at 18, yes 18. Thats a lot of missed learning at youth clubs, junior and school tournaments getting your head pounded. I hope there's a rematch.

Fury beat him 18 months ago.

The uppercut didn't put him down.

He's flawed, which he acknowledges and could get out worked by a crafty fighter like Fury. He could get sparked by a puncher like Wilder. He's doing great for a guy who has had 19 Pro fights bit he's a long way from the finished article.

I don't disagree that wilder could sink him on the chin, but THEY ARE HEAVYWEIGHT BOXERS, by right if any top level fighter connects on the kisser then the fight is over (see haseem rachman). But ffs to say he's flawed I strongly disagree. I for one dislike Eddie Hearn and his mini Murdoch corp but his fighters seem to get a lot of his hate, social media is full already of '' rolly eyes oh sure he only beat a 41 year old'' give the lad some effin credit.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 29, 2017, 11:19:34 PM
AJ too heavy, its ok carrying the muscle and going 6/7 rounds, going the distance, the extra weight is a disadvantage, the extra weight is no advantage after u hit the 17stone mark, foreman , Earnie shavers all came in round 16 and 161/2 stone and both hit harder than any current heavyweight

He knocked Wlad out in the 11th round. Conditioning and weight wasn't his problem tonight, having no head movement and being far too easy to hit when buzzed was his problem and he was lucky Wlad wasn't able to capitalize. He did prove he could take a punch though which was a big question mark over him. If someone like Wilder catches him he'll not let him off the hook.
That was never a square ball!!

ONeill

Deontay Wilder, Luis Ortiz and Joseph Parker are the only opponents Joshua should be thinking about.

Wildweasel74

Conditioning? he was blowing from the end of the 5th round, hes too easy to hit cause he not mobile enough, part of this is to do with his weight, why he need to be coming in at 18stone, its not rugby he playing

gallsman

Fury is the lineal champ. If he says he's back and wants the fight, he can't be ignored.

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 29, 2017, 11:27:59 PM
But ffs to say he's flawed I strongly disagree.

You don't think he's flawed?! Therefore you think he's a perfect fighter? He was hurt by the first decent punch Klitschko threw and gets hot far, far too easily. He gets plenty of credit, that he has earned, but he's plenty left to learn.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on April 29, 2017, 11:32:01 PM
Conditioning? he was blowing from the end of the 5th round

He knocked him out in the 11th, he got his wind back. Getting hit flush by a world class heavyweight would get anyone blowing. For someone blowing in the 5th after shipping a few heavy hits, to knock someone out as clinically as he did in the 11th is a testament to his conditioning.

Though I do agree he's too easy to hit.

ONeill

I think it was the round after Vlad knocked down Joshua that the English man fought his best round. He lost it, but he threw about a dozen punches, chatted to Vlad and bought himself time to recover.

gallsman

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 29, 2017, 11:36:29 PM

He knocked him out in the 11th, he got his wind back. Getting hit flush by a world class heavyweight would get anyone blowing. For someone blowing in the 5th after shipping a few heavy hits, to knock someone out as clinically as he did in the 11th is a testament to his conditioning.

He was blowing in the fifth through his own efforts though, not from getting hit. He had Wlad badly hurt 30 odd seconds into the round and Wlad was able to come back because he gassed so hard.

BennyHarp

Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2017, 11:40:51 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on April 29, 2017, 11:36:29 PM

He was blowing in the fifth through his own efforts though, not from getting hit. He had Wlad badly hurt 30 odd seconds into the round and Wlad was able to come back because he gassed so hard.

Wlad caught him with a big left hand in the fifth. Watch it back! Regardless, he was still able to continue, survive a huge onslaught and knock his man out 6 rounds later. I wish I could gas out like that!

Syferus

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 29, 2017, 11:27:59 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 29, 2017, 11:15:36 PM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on April 29, 2017, 11:12:28 PM
That was a great fight. Joshua has hands like stone and nearly took vlads head off with that uppercut, that punch alone won the fight. Joshua will destroy anyone else. He has shown he has the balls to fight the top guys, yes Vlad is 41 but he was untouchable for 10years. I feel there just wasn't anyone good enough to take him. You also have to remember this lad started boxing at 18, yes 18. Thats a lot of missed learning at youth clubs, junior and school tournaments getting your head pounded. I hope there's a rematch.

Fury beat him 18 months ago.

The uppercut didn't put him down.

He's flawed, which he acknowledges and could get out worked by a crafty fighter like Fury. He could get sparked by a puncher like Wilder. He's doing great for a guy who has had 19 Pro fights bit he's a long way from the finished article.

I don't disagree that wilder could sink him on the chin, but THEY ARE HEAVYWEIGHT BOXERS, by right if any top level fighter connects on the kisser then the fight is over (see haseem rachman). But ffs to say he's flawed I strongly disagree. I for one dislike Eddie Hearn and his mini Murdoch corp but his fighters seem to get a lot of his hate, social media is full already of '' rolly eyes oh sure he only beat a 41 year old'' give the lad some effin credit.

Wilder isn't a threat in the least.

gallsman

Oh course he's a threat. Wilder is limited, but can bang. AJ gets hit, a lot, and can be hurt.