Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windmill abu

Watched "Logan" yesterday. I had heard good reports about it. Unfortunately best described as Meh.

The Outlaw Josey Wales on tonight. Best western ever (including Unforgiven)
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

Manchester By The Sea - class. Every scene was electric.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 20, 2017, 11:15:57 PM
FINALLY!

mrdeeds

Just watched Philomena. Brilliant. Top class performances. Scary to think it actually happened. Catholicism has a lot to answer for.

From the Bunker

Quote from: mrdeeds on May 21, 2017, 12:13:32 AM
Just watched Philomena. Brilliant. Top class performances. Scary to think it actually happened. Catholicism has a lot to answer for.

Good show! Not sure how factually correct it is, but the themes ring true! Judi Dench is some Actress!

mrdeeds

Quote from: From the Bunker on May 21, 2017, 12:19:32 AM
Quote from: mrdeeds on May 21, 2017, 12:13:32 AM

Good show! Not sure how factually correct it is, but the themes ring true! Judi Dench is some Actress!

Watched a Philomena Lee interview. Seems to be accurate.

heffo

nrico2006

Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2017, 09:34:37 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2017, 11:17:51 PM
FINALLY!

I liked it too

Me too.  One of the best scenes I've seen in a film in a long time was the one when Affleck met Williams when he came back to look after the boy.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Brick Tamlin

What about the ambulance door scene?
Didn't know what to make of it placed in such an emotional part of film.
A bloody great film all the same and Affleck was amazing.

lurganblue

Disappointed by T2. It was ok but struck me as a film that was afraid to be a film in it's own right

Syferus

Quote from: lurganblue on May 27, 2017, 10:55:06 AM
Disappointed by T2. It was ok but struck me as a film that was afraid to be a film in it's own right

I think it was an excellent sequel, one that played on the actual time between the two films brilliantly. And the ending of the first film had set up the stakes of T2 fantastically anyways. You got to see how despite how much their life's had changed outwardly how little they really changed. I suppose it's the nature of addiction, they were addicted to the drugs but also to that time in their lifes and they're still chasing it even now.

I'd go as far as to say T2 might be a better film than the original, but of course it's impact plays upon what happened in the first film.

bennydorano

Watched Whiplash there (a movie I've avoided because I didn't like the look of it), fabulous movie.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2017, 11:15:51 PM
Watched Whiplash there (a movie I've avoided because I didn't like the look of it), fabulous movie.
Must watch it again. Watched it in the cinema only and like you thought it was class.

dclane

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 20, 2017, 11:17:51 PM
FINALLY!
I thought it was incredibly boring.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 27, 2017, 11:29:44 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on May 27, 2017, 11:15:51 PM
Must watch it again. Watched it in the cinema only and like you thought it was class.

Intense movie with great performances.