All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

One umpire was horrid slow with the signalling.

Is there a age/weight requirement to be an umpire in championship matches - i.e. over 40 and at least 18 stone?

omaghjoe

Quote from: yellowcard on August 20, 2017, 07:30:18 PM
Best players on the field today:

Andy Moran
David Moran
Keith Higgins

In that order. Can't understand the bugging up of Donaghy performance. He was decent but certainly nowhere near as effective as the Sunday Game pundits would have you believe. Won a fair bit of easy possession though largely due to the fact that Aidan O Se has no sense of being able to man mark. I hope Rochford stops listening to David Brady and abandons that experiment next week.

Did Donaghy touch the ball in the 2nd half?

yellowcard

Overall Deegan wasn't too bad. A few bad decisions missing a Mayo penalty and a double hop that led to a Kerry point I think. Cormac Reilly will surely get the replay.

Wildweasel74

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omaghjoe

Kerry are a middlin team with great forwards and seem to have an inate ability to get scores at the right time.
Mayo are a good team that can't deliver scores.
Ref was bad...it is Deegan after all but Mayo have no one else to blame as if they had the slightest composure they woulda had Kerry outta site.

Exciting but pretty poor game of football it would have to be said

ONeill

Ah now conditions were fairly atrocious. I thought it was a good standard  - 4-28 scored - for the day that was in it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Mayo4Sam

Favourites win replays, we had our chances today and didn't do enough. Two goals were awful
Sloppy. AOS at full back was way too much respect for Donaghy. Thought Andy, DOC and Vaughan were outstanding. Their 12 was a nightmare and Moran even with being given a free for anyone looking at him was outstanding

We've missed the boat
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

yellowcard

Very few real pure Kerry type footballers on that side. Moran at midfield is a colossus and Geaney inside are the 2 class acts and O'Donoghue on a good day is up there. Individually though very few others would get into the Kerry side of a decade ago. Functional and athletic is how I would mostly describe them.

Still think they will win the replay but I think the winner will come from next Sunday's game.

trileacman

Clarke is a good keeper but a poor man for kick outs. Don't think kelly put one astray all day.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

omagh_gael

Open to correction here but did big Aiden join any attack at all through out the 70 minutes? He definitely didn't get a shot off and can't remember him doing anything inside Kerry's 45.

Blowitupref

Donnchadh Walsh was a big loss for Kerry today protects their defence wins a lot of dirty ball. Sometimes you don't see how much those type of players are missed until they aren't there
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

BallyroanAbu

I really don't get the Rochford abuse,  last year the goalkeeper was the issue  (Kickouts were not mentioned today as an issue but clearly Clarke has not a good kickout at the very top level).  Mayo are not going to win an All Ireland by repeating the past.  Unfortunately they have problems in a few positions that anyone here could tell you and in order to overcome this Rochford is trying to be innovative and gambling.  I am not so sure AOS at full back was a disaster as some would have us believe.  Mayo's full back line has looked leaky for the past few years, it was not beyond belief to think they were going to seriously struggle on Donaghy.   I am not sure what Donaghy is assisting in other matches but at full forward (in position)  I thought O Shea had his measure.  It's only when he came out the pitch and forced O Shea to move that he did damage, maybe Mayo could have used another player out the pitch to mark Donaghy.   AOS was never a defender he was there to curb the high ball in which I think he successfully did however all that did was expose Mayo further out.  But I presume your U12 manager can tell you that AOS cannot be played at full back but it takes abit of balls to try it and I am not sure it was a complete disaster.  I just think all in that Mayo previous full backs have been struggling and it is highly likely that Donaghy would have done a lot of damage. 

Personally I think that AOS is a huge loss in the forward line but I don't think he was too bad today.

Gael85

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 20, 2017, 08:49:10 PM
Donnchadh Walsh was a big loss for Kerry today protects their defence wins a lot of dirty ball. Sometimes you don't see how much those type of players are missed until they aren't there

and a good man to foul out the pitch too  ;D. If fit I'd expect to start ahead of Mikey Geaney in replay.

yellowcard

Quote from: Gael85 on August 20, 2017, 08:59:02 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 20, 2017, 08:49:10 PM

and a good man to foul out the pitch too  ;D. If fit I'd expect to start ahead of Mikey Geaney in replay.

Thought Jack Savage donecwell when he came on today, enough to warrant a start the next day.