All Ireland Football semi-final;Mayo v Kerry,Sunday Aug 20

Started by maigheo, August 08, 2017, 03:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildweasel74

Seamus O`Shea fouls alot but better suited to full back that Aidan, gives the same in the air too, Parsons is the best option but scored 2 points today and offers alot going forward so likely be Seamus O`Shea at full back next day with Vaughan at Midfield and Durcan starting

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: lenny on August 20, 2017, 07:14:17 PM
Quote from: SouthDublinBro on August 20, 2017, 06:12:06 PM
This Mayo side of the past 5 years or so will be the greatest to never win Sam.

What a game of football between 2 teams really going for it. And Micky Harte still tries to tell us that all these teams are just as defensive and negative as Tyrone. Micky, we have eyes of our own and we're not f**king stupid.

Did you mean to post that under your SouthTyrone alias?

seafoid

So anawez about the Dubs and Kerry being clearly ahead and there being a top 3 . Throne have to produce the goods.
Do they have the balls?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on August 20, 2017, 07:48:23 PM
So anawez about the Dubs and Kerry being clearly ahead and there being a top 3 . Throne have to produce the goods.
Do they have the balls?

More balls than Galway's footballers anyway.

highorlow

I sort of predicted a draw but chance gone I'd say.

Still showing inferior teams too much respect. Kerry are no great shakes. Why can't we put AOS in FF and let them try and convert donakey to a FB. That plan was a cod in hindsight.

You can't become a full back over night and O'Shea proved that. Harrison would have marked donakey today.

We are fooked now for sure. I hear Leroy's foot is still in shit, Harrison looks to have damaged his hammer also.

It's a bit like the 90's team we take a huge effort to score whereas the Kerries get scores handier. Next week will be a car crash!
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 20, 2017, 07:22:45 PM
Well Maybe roscommon should play some defensive football, save them a hammering
In fairness Roscommon set themselves up right for the drawn game against Mayo but were a total shambles in defence for the replay.

Syferus

Quote from: highorlow on August 20, 2017, 07:57:31 PM
I sort of predicted a draw but chance gone I'd say.

Still showing inferior teams too much respect. Kerry are no great shakes. Why can't we put AOS in FF and let them try and convert donakey to a FB. That plan was a cod in hindsight.

You can't become a full back over night and O'Shea proved that. Harrison would have marked donakey today.

We are fooked now for sure. I hear Leroy's foot is still in shit, Harrison looks to have damaged his hammer also.

It's a bit like the 90's team we take a huge effort to score whereas the Kerries get scores handier. Next week will be a car crash!

I think Mayo will be the inferior team on Saturday. Rochford is the worst manager Mayo have have had since Johnno the Second. He's in the process of pissing away this team's final chances of an AI. McEntee and Buckley look like a serious waste of money at this stage. If I was a club member I'd be livid at so much money being funnelled into a brainless set-up.

ONeill

Quote from: sid waddell on August 20, 2017, 06:13:15 PM
To paraphrase a shit clickbait website, this is the most Mayo year ever and that was the most Mayo match ever.

This team isn't just a Gaelic football team from an obscure, windswept county on the west coast, they are effectively the centre of Irish life any time they play. You just can't take your eyes off them.

They're a world class performance art troupe who make Philippe Petit's 1974 tightrope walk between the two towers of New York's World Trade Centre seem like a Sunday stroll down to the local corner shop to buy a newspaper and a packet of 20 Silk Cut.

They look to be in control, then they lose balance, then save themselves. But they always fall off in the end.

I'm from Dublin and even I can't take the drama.

I think I am genuinely in love with this Mayo team. They're like a beautiful alcoholic.

They break your heart time and again but you always hold out the hope they might just change. And every misdemeanour makes you love them more.

The only problem is they might turn you into an alcoholic while you hold out that hope.

I think Kerry will win the replay and put a cruel, horrible, puritanical stop to all this beautiful romantic nonsense.

Brilliant!
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Wildweasel74

Mayo will beat Kerry, that Kerry team is brutal, great full forward line .Moran in Midfield, but defence is very poor, from the Kerry team of 10 years ago only Moran and Geaney would get in it

highorlow

They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Throw ball

A great exciting game of football. Great skill , mistakes,  kicking the ball and great saves. Not many of us can put it as eloquently as Sid Waddel.

Mon the Mayo! Hic!

trileacman

Jesus disappointed in Kerry today. I know Tyrone have fallen away from swashbuckling attacking plays  but didn't know the old adversary had too. A team filled with spoilers now. Crowley, Murphy, Buckley, maher. Don't get me wrong they're good at their job but Jesus there different players from the 02-09 crew.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gael85

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on August 20, 2017, 06:10:00 PM
Deegan is some gobshite of a referee, heavily favoured Kerry over the course of the game though moreso in the first half.

He likes to make the game about him, taking a minute to book a player, halting play at regular intervals for delayed periods to talk to players without actions. Laughing at players as he makes incorrect calls for them.

Every f**king year he is reffing the business end games of Champions. Enough is enough.

It is infuriating when you see him smiling at players. It sums up the standard of refereeing at inter county  level putting Deegan in charge of such a big game. Was that his second or third time refereeing a Mayo championship game this year?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Stall the Bailer

Didn't think deegan did a pile wrong. Mayo's fouling was the reason for all of the frees that I seen, he missed a couple of decisions for each team, but hard to see them all.