Dubs v Westmeath 25 June

Started by The Hill is Blue, June 24, 2017, 12:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2017, 10:24:56 PM
Quote from: lenny on June 25, 2017, 10:19:33 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 25, 2017, 10:09:26 PM
Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 25, 2017, 09:46:43 PM
Today was a huge mismatch but that shouldn't take from yet another sublime display of Gaelic football by this Dublin team. However, I expect that the manner of Dublin's win will not faze Kildare as it will shift the focus away from Kildare and onto Dublin and that is surely what Kildare would want.

I think there might be a great Leinster final in prospect.
Why have Kildare won the lotto and not told anyone?  Today the divide between the have and the have nots was evident. Until all counties are funded with equal resources the dubs will not be beat in Leinster and possibly  in Ireland. It's a disgrace lads.

Do dublin hurlers not get the same funding? Where is their total domination? It isn't down to funding, the dubs simply have a great group of players.

You just keep the blinkers on! You'll be all the more happier with your teams success that way. Acknowledging money being involved in your success can take the gleam off of things.

It would be like a Chelsea fan denying money has anything to do with their success. It amazes me how often this line of a great bunch of players gets thrown out this isn't the 50s, players are nurtured and developed through the best of coaching and sports science at a very considerable cost. All the advantages, imagine if Kerry got to play all their remaining matches at home...
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2017, 10:36:26 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2017, 10:24:56 PM
Quote from: lenny on June 25, 2017, 10:19:33 PM
Quote from: rrhf on June 25, 2017, 10:09:26 PM
Today was a huge mismatch but that shouldn't take from yet another sublime display of Gaelic football by this Dublin team. However, I expect that the manner of Dublin's win will not faze Kildare as it will shift the focus away from Kildare and onto Dublin and that is surely what Kildare would want.

Why have Kildare won the lotto and not told anyone?  Today the divide between the have and the have nots was evident. Until all counties are funded with equal resources the dubs will not be beat in Leinster and possibly  in Ireland. It's a disgrace lads.

Do dublin hurlers not get the same funding? Where is their total domination? It isn't down to funding, the dubs simply have a great group of players.

You just keep the blinkers on! You'll be all the more happier with your teams success that way. Acknowledging money being involved in your success can take the gleam off of things.

It would be like a Chelsea fan denying money has anything to do with their success. It amazes me how often this line of a great bunch of players gets thrown out this isn't the 50s, players are nurtured and developed through the best of coaching and sports science at a very considerable cost. All the advantages, imagine if Kerry got to play all their remaining matches at home...

They'd still lose to Dublin. Their advantages are that great.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2017, 10:26:43 PM
Ha! ignoring home advantage and support teams due to financial disparity Kildare are a work in progress. There is a massive will in the media for us to be competitive in the final and have over stated our display against Meath but the pragmatic Kildare fan knows we will be beat. What we are looking for is a performance, we are a young side but promotion and Leinster final means our realistic targets have been achieved. A quarter final appearance would be a nice bonus.

Dublin do not want a competitive Leinster why would they? They will be setting out to hammer Kildare, our players need to believe they can compete. I think they will but Dublin by about 7.

Getting your excuses in early. Sad - as The Donald might say.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Syferus

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 25, 2017, 10:42:09 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 25, 2017, 10:26:43 PM
Ha! ignoring home advantage and support teams due to financial disparity Kildare are a work in progress. There is a massive will in the media for us to be competitive in the final and have over stated our display against Meath but the pragmatic Kildare fan knows we will be beat. What we are looking for is a performance, we are a young side but promotion and Leinster final means our realistic targets have been achieved. A quarter final appearance would be a nice bonus.

Dublin do not want a competitive Leinster why would they? They will be setting out to hammer Kildare, our players need to believe they can compete. I think they will but Dublin by about 7.

Getting your excuses in early. Sad - as The Donald might say.

This reminds me of those Scientology documentaries, people so indoctrinated they can't do anything but parrot the institutional line. In the case of Dublin it's deny that they play all their games at home, ignore their massive population and infrastructure advantages and the fact they soak up more grant money and sponsorship money than almost all other counties combined.

Sad - as anyone would say.

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2017, 09:58:58 PM

Talking the game up in the hope for away support to turn up for this game. Must have be depressing all on your own today in Croker?

Not at all depressing with over 33,000 other supporters there.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

From the Bunker

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on June 25, 2017, 10:48:57 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2017, 09:58:58 PM

Talking the game up in the hope for away support to turn up for this game. Must have be depressing all on your own today in Croker?

Not at all depressing with over 33,000 other supporters there.

And nearly all on your own watching the game!

rrhf

Realistically this Dublin team will probably win at least 5 or more all irelands in a row and 20 Leinster. At what point will it becom apparent that the professional approach actually replenishes the players and they are unbeatable as a county. My point is that we need to resource all county set ups evenly money wise.

From the Bunker

Quote from: rrhf on June 25, 2017, 11:41:36 PM
Realistically this Dublin team will probably win at least 5 or more all irelands in a row and 20 Leinster. At what point will it becom apparent that the professional approach actually replenishes the players and they are unbeatable as a county. My point is that we need to resource all county set ups evenly money wise.

The thing is there is no mention in general in the media about this. It's almost like a bad word to mention the money. Not even the Bould Brolly dares to open his mouth. Why?

Zulu

Because it's nonsense. Population and the hard work of volunteers is a huge part of it too. Of course funding should be available to all counties and those with good plans should be supported but Dublin's population will ensure most counties will rarely compete with them again.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Zulu on June 25, 2017, 11:59:04 PM
Because it's nonsense. Population and the hard work of volunteers is a huge part of it too. Of course funding should be available to all counties and those with good plans should be supported but Dublin's population will ensure most counties will rarely compete with them again.

I'm not going to converse with you ZULU. You look at the world through Dublin eyes. You care not for how Westmeath were humiliated today. Your interest is only in the BIG guns.

Syferus

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2017, 12:10:05 AM

I'm not going to converse with you ZULU. You look at the world through Dublin eyes. You care not for how Westmeath were humiliated today. Your interest is only in the BIG guns.

+1. Either a Dub or a WUM.

Zulu

Complete nonsense. All you post recently when it comes to Dublin is their funding when any rational person would acknowledge that there's more to their dominance than that. Please show me your posts bemoaning the financial, and more, advantages Mayo enjoy over Leitrim and others? The GAA has never been a fair fight so why all the moaning now from people whose counties have enjoyed massive advantages for 100 years or more?

If you want to argue that there should be a better spread of funding then fair enough but if you think that will make a big difference then you're in cloud cuckoo land.

Zulu

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2017, 12:19:37 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on June 26, 2017, 12:10:05 AM

+1. Either a Dub or a WUM.

Please stop talking shite. A WUM would be someone talking about splitting Cork and amalgamating Longford, Westmeath and Roscommon into one team.

Dinny Breen

Population yes volunteers is no every county has hard working volunteers.

Dublin have many organic factors population and culture being one. It's the inorganic factors that you are your ilk refuse to recognise as the primary factors for Dublin's success finance and home advantage. It's not rocket science..
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

Quote from: Zulu on June 26, 2017, 12:20:45 AM
Complete nonsense. All you post recently when it comes to Dublin is their funding when any rational person would acknowledge that there's more to their dominance than that. Please show me your posts bemoaning the financial, and more, advantages Mayo enjoy over Leitrim and others? The GAA has never been a fair fight so why all the moaning now from people whose counties have enjoyed massive advantages for 100 years or more?

If you want to argue that there should be a better spread of funding then fair enough but if you think that will make a big difference then you're in cloud cuckoo land.

You are right it's not just about funding! It's about home advantage! It about lads with jobs that make them full time professionals. It's about sponsorship. It's about sleeping in your own bed the night before a big game. It's about providing top facilities on your doorstep. It's about controlling the media and blackening players that are a threat to your team. But hey stick your Blue head in the sand and enjoy the ride. Cos it going to last a long time. But there aint going to be many outsiders watching when it's over.