Top 10 Forwards since 1977 - Survey Results

Started by Owen Brannigan, April 22, 2017, 10:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

"A half back is more likely to score more than a full forward these days."

Zulu

INDIANA

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 26, 2017, 09:40:47 PM
My question is how has Connolly performed away from a home venue of Croke Park in the Championship? How does he play in away League semi finals and League finals. Does he find the travelling difficult and staying in Hotels during the Championship. How does he manage to get time off work to get to training? How does he always manage to overturn red cards? How many more times will he say that, that will be the last rush of blood? How many more times does he expect to get a free run in a game? How many times do the Dublin media expect him to get a free run in a game? How many solicitors does he have? How many shrinks does he have? How many times will he be the victim? How many times will he not live up to the hype? How many more people will come on here and say he is the best of his generation? How much longer can I listen to this?

Shall I send a collection of his best moments.

Most of them against Tyrone by the way

He's the best forward in the game currently.

Bow down and show your respect

Cunny Funt

The best forward in the game currently is Paul Geaney.

INDIANA

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on April 29, 2017, 03:01:19 PM
"A half back is more likely to score more than a full forward these days."
It's becoming more and more like rugby

Thank God for hurling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDEMpr9cUmE
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Cunny Funt

Quote from: INDIANA on April 29, 2017, 04:25:25 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 29, 2017, 04:24:32 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Were you as smiley when P Geaneys 0-8 went a long way to defeating Dublin in the recent league final?  :-*

INDIANA

Quote from: Cunny Funt on April 29, 2017, 04:39:40 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on April 29, 2017, 04:25:25 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Were you as smiley when P Geaneys 0-8 went a long way to defeating Dublin in the recent league final?  :-*

the league............... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

JoG2

Again, men aren't comparing like with like. Geaney is an out 'n out inside forward, whereas Connolly is not. Geaney may well be the best inside forward in the game at the minute, and Connolly the best half forward. Seems alot on here don't seem to like Connolly on a personal level, hence not rating him as highly as maybe they would otherwise

Captain Obvious

Quote from: JoG2 on April 29, 2017, 08:35:16 PM

Again, men aren't comparing like with like. Geaney is an out 'n out inside forward, whereas Connolly is not. Geaney may well be the best inside forward in the game at the minute, and Connolly the best half forward. Seems alot on here don't seem to like Connolly on a personal level, hence not rating him as highly as maybe they would otherwise

In fairness Dr Jones said the best current forward and thats his opinion. The hype surrounding Connolly outweighs the so called dislike of him in my view..

JoG2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 29, 2017, 08:44:05 PM

In fairness Dr Jones said the best current forward and thats his opinion. The hype surrounding Connolly outweighs the so called dislike of him in my view..

Hype from, the media, Dublin fans? What has hype got to do with the man's ability with a football? Can men not form an opinion of a footballer without this hype you speak of being part of the equation?

Syferus

Quote from: JoG2 on April 29, 2017, 09:02:56 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on April 29, 2017, 08:44:05 PM

Hype from, the media, Dublin fans? What has hype got to do with the man's ability with a football? Can men not form an opinion on a footballer without this hype you speak of being part of the equation?

The same argument Dublin and Kerry lads use when claiming they don't get preferential refereeing decisions. Guess what - people are stupid and easily led.

AZOffaly

Connolly is gifted. Powerful, direct, two footed. Great eye for a goal. Wonderful point scorer. However for me, he's behind some of the other greats because of his discipline problems. I know he gets treatment, but Canavan, Fitzgerald and Cooper would have been targeted too and never seemed to get the red mist like Connolly. No point being the best player if you're suspended or black carded.

Syferus

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 29, 2017, 09:15:53 PM
Connolly is gifted. Powerful, direct, two footed. Great eye for a goal. Wonderful point scorer. However for me, he's behind some of the other greats because of his discipline problems. I know he gets treatment, but Canavan, Fitzgerald and Cooper would have been targeted too and never seemed to get the red mist like Connolly. No point being the best player if you're suspended or black carded.

It's the difference between the most talented footballer (even then a question mark with Connolly) and the best footballer. You can make the case for the former but not the later.

The Stallion

Is that a joke? Canavan got the red mist on countless occasions.