Provincial and All Ireland Club championships 2016/17

Started by Dave like the tv channel, October 24, 2016, 01:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave like the tv channel

SFC Stradbally play Mullinaghta away, then Westmeath at home (OMP, I presume), then Carlow or Dublin....if they get through.
SHC BK have the Dublin champs in senior hurling.

IFC: O'Dempseys beat St Brigids and play Kildare champs next.
IHC: Castletown play Bray Emmets.

JFC: I see Rosenallis have already beaten Bective (Meath), which is a good scalp to get. They play Westmeath - practically all of it from what I can see.
JHC: Rosenallis play Maynooth, winners play Clontarf. This is Kilkenny's championship though....they've won 12 of the 15 championships so far.

clonadmad

If Stradbally (20/1 to win Leinster,250/1 to win All Ireland) win next Sunday,they will have the following two games at a home venue (v WH and Dublin Champions).

BK play winners of Cuala v Kilmacud in Parnell Park 6/11

Helix

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on October 24, 2016, 01:21:48 PM
JHC: Rosenallis play Maynooth, winners play Clontarf. This is Kilkenny's championship though....they've won 12 of the 15 championships so far.

Wouldn't write them off giving Leinster a rattle in hurling just. Probably one the strongest intermediate championship winners in Laois in a while. Ballinamere of Offaly surprised a few beating an Eddie Brennan managed Lisdowney a few years back. Rosenallis well capable of causing an upset. Will depend on progress in football as well I'd say!

It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

burdizzo

I'd say nearly half the hurling panel are also football panellists.

SCFC

O'Dempseys are a very strong intermediate team. Think they'll give Leinster a right rattle. Their next game v Towers will be a tough one though.

Laoiseabu

Odempseys a very strong intermediate team ? They had two miracle wins against portlaoise second team and timahoe only both teams missed chances to kill the game. I heard that the Longford lads they played were more or less a junior team.

Laoiseabu

SCFC

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on October 24, 2016, 07:09:30 PM
Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 24, 2016, 04:32:27 PM
I expect towers to win by about 10
I'll take that bet please!
We sometimes overrate our Club Championships, its been a while since a Laois Club won a football title outside of Portlaoise in Senior. Even teams that should have done well in the lower grades, havent.

Dave like the tv channel

If Laois CB sorted out our SFC, the IFC and JFC would be stronger as a result. Laois reps in Leinster would therefore do better.

SCFC

Quote from: Dave like the tv channel on October 24, 2016, 10:16:45 PM
If Laois CB sorted out our SFC, the IFC and JFC would be stronger as a result. Laois reps in Leinster would therefore do better.
Correct. Too many senior teams for a county our size.

Laoiseabu

SCFC would you still take that bet Meredith gone to America

SCFC

Quote from: Laoiseabu on October 28, 2016, 09:28:24 AM
SCFC would you still take that bet Meredith gone to America
Yeah. I'd say they'll beat a 10 point handicap. Meredith is a huge loss though and it will swing the advantage to Towers alright.

BallyroanAbu

Ballyroan won the Leinster Intermediate in 08, Crettyard in 07 or 06 so were not all that bad.