Playing at home for the rest of the Season (year)!

Started by From the Bunker, April 07, 2014, 08:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

This is an awful thread. What's the point of it? Shur did it do the Dubs any use between '84 and '94 and '96 and '10.

People are beginning to lose the run of themselves.

F T B, were you in the sunshine too long over the weekend?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

J OGorman

Hard to beat beating playing the Dubs in Croke Park ;-)

From the Bunker

Quote from: highorlow on April 08, 2014, 08:43:08 AM
This is an awful thread. What's the point of it? Shur did it do the Dubs any use between '84 and '94 and '96 and '10.

People are beginning to lose the run of themselves.

F T B, were you in the sunshine too long over the weekend?

What you are forgetting is that Dublin played little or no league (and less championship) games in Croker in a majority of the period(s) you mention. Croke Parks surface during that period would have been similar to grounds around the country, it's not anymore.

As for the point of any thread? There is little or no point to any thread. They are just discussions that mean nothing in the real (GAA) world.

Croí na hÉireann

If Dublin are to continue playing their league home matches in Croker then the GAA needs to up its marketing as the crowds this year have been relatively poor. When you consider all the concessions and the cost of opening/lighting the place it can hardly be much more of an earner. Notwithstanding that, the practice of allocating Dublin the same dressing room and the same end of the ground to warm up on needs to stop. There can't be one rule for one and another rule for the other 32.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

squire_in_navy_slacks

Mental frailty showing early in the Mayo camp already

DUBSFORSAM1

I've got an idea - Lets take all the Dublin games out of Croke Park, lets deprive all the teams that play Dublin in Croke Park of the experience, lets take all the money earned for the GAA by these games out of the funds distributed to all clubs/counties etc outside Dublin and lets see if they prefer Dublin to play in Croke Park or not.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: bucko on April 07, 2014, 08:43:30 PM
Considering the fact the the GAA announced with much fanfare that they had cleared the debt on Croker and they will be due several big pay days with the 1 Direction and Garth Brooks concert the argument for them holding as many matches there as possible doesn't really hold much water anymore. The decision to hold the league semis there this weekend is beyond reason. The fact that the Cork, Mayo and Derry supporters have 2-3 hour trips to make plus associated transport, food etc. costs is a major show of inconsideration by the GAA. In contrast, the average Dub supporter can have the Sunday dinner, out the door and be in Croker inside an hour on public transport. From my information Croke park needs an attendance if at least 30000 to break even, I would be surprised if they came close to that Sunday, especially since Sunday week is Easter where I'd say a lot of people have travel plans made for and won't want to do long trips 2 weekends in a row. Logic would've had the Dublin/Cork game in Portlaoise and Derry/Mayo in Sligo or Cavan, making day trips for all sets of supporters easier along with giving a bit of an economic boost locally. As far as the longer term goes, regardless of what officials say, the Dublin players and supporters regard Croke park as home turf, and that always carries a advantage. Dublin should be made play away more in the Leinster championship. It might actually benefit the players, the supporters might have great day out down the country and the local pubs, shops would get a bit of the cash that normally flows into headquarters and the surrounding area!

Lads who are ye coddin, this would be a disaster for all concerned.

Most of the jacks have never been outside their home patch, as Dustin said I've never been to Meath. Majority of the unwashed can't read so they'd be bound to get lost. Better off leaving the stretchy faced f**kers to collect their disability payments in peace and spend it in the celtic bar or some other knackerhole off o'connell street.

As for the culchies, sure why would be inviting crime down upon ourselves and what about kids picking up the needles after these lads

Leave well enough alone
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Hound

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on April 08, 2014, 10:14:47 AM
Mental frailty showing early in the Mayo camp already

Think you hit a nerve there....................................

Dont Matter

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on April 08, 2014, 10:28:38 AM
I've got an idea - Lets take all the Dublin games out of Croke Park, lets deprive all the teams that play Dublin in Croke Park of the experience, lets take all the money earned for the GAA by these games out of the funds distributed to all clubs/counties etc outside Dublin and lets see if they prefer Dublin to play in Croke Park or not.

Lets put a freeze on payments to Dublin and spread the funds around fairly to other counties until everyone is on a level playing field.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

screenexile

Experience balls... at this stage most people have been to Croker and we've a multitude of white elephants around the Country that would be only too happy for a full house when Dublin are due to play away so balls to it.

Leinster Semi's and Final and the AI Semi's and Final should be the only games held in Croker!

easytiger95

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 07, 2014, 10:43:19 PM
Well lads it needs to be sorted, why isn't anyone backing me up? It's always defended even by non Dubs. I regularly am up protesting outside of Croke Park, I have a couple of different banners I use. One is 'stop treating us like the blacks, this is our home too'. You'd think someone in the media would cover it but they're thinking of their pockets also, only pro Dub stories allowed. It's like apartheid around here boys, and I'm the only Nelson Mandela willing to fight.

Joke or not, I can do without reading this kind of crap. Casual racism is casual racism, whether it is done in an "ironic" manner or not.

I always thought of the board as the online equivalent of a clubhouse and there is plenty of them up and own the country with foreign born players, kids etc. I don't know how many of those GAA people would feel welcome here. No need for this kind of knuckle dragging.

BTW as a Dub i have no problem travelling down the country for league or champo - had a brilliant time in Longford 04 and the two weekends against Kerry in 01 were classic, despite the result.

Dont Matter

Quote from: easytiger95 on April 08, 2014, 11:57:06 AM

Joke or not, I can do without reading this kind of crap. Casual racism is casual racism, whether it is done in an "ironic" manner or not.

I always thought of the board as the online equivalent of a clubhouse and there is plenty of them up and own the country with foreign born players, kids etc. I don't know how many of those GAA people would feel welcome here. No need for this kind of knuckle dragging.

BTW as a Dub i have no problem travelling down the country for league or champo - had a brilliant time in Longford 04 and the two weekends against Kerry in 01 were classic, despite the result.

Relax will ya, is today not dole day? You can get your fix later.

So the Dub fans are saying they're happy to move games away from Croke park, are they also happy to spread finances fairly around the country? Are you not embarrassed to have been bought All Irelands?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dont Matter on April 08, 2014, 12:03:08 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on April 08, 2014, 11:57:06 AM

Relax will ya, is today not dole day? You can get your fix later.

So the Dub fans are saying they're happy to move games away from Croke park, are they also happy to spread finances fairly around the country? Are you not embarrassed to have been bought All Irelands?

I know I shouldn't respond but this type of talk is just rubbish. Dublin built their teams from underage up and are now reaping the rewards of their WORK. Money (lots of it generated by Dublin) can help if coaching schemes are well organised and the people are there willing to put in the WORK.

I'd be more than confident that if other counties put well organised, costed, plans to the powers that be that they would receive the required funding. Most of us traditionally aren't too fond of the Dubs winning but it's hard to begrudge them, the work that has been put in.

AZOffaly

And if some counties spent the money they were getting from Croker on Development work and coaching, instead of building 300,000 seater stadiums in Ballymacroundabout, maybe that would help as well.

J OGorman

Quote from: screenexile on April 08, 2014, 11:53:04 AM

Experience balls... at this stage most people have been to Croker and we've a multitude of white elephants around the Country that would be only too happy for a full house when Dublin are due to play away so balls to it.

Leinster Semi's and Final and the AI Semi's and Final should be the only games held in Croker!

add double header q/f's to that as well. Huge carrot for alot of teams