FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaillimhIarthair

I honestly don't see why you should comment on a situation you patently know nothing about?  In any case, your observations in relation to Burke are incorrect. 

Duine Eile

Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2016, 01:16:11 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on January 23, 2016, 12:37:21 AM
Ian was also dropped for a couple of Corofin championship matches this year, make of that what you like Syferus but the common denominator here is Burke himself.

Still one of there key forwards. What matches? Rested and dropped are two different things. But good work trying to bad mouth a young footballer. Walsh has a track record of alienating players. He's the common denominator and anyone looking at it honestly can see it.

I'm not bad mouthing anyone Syferus, it's you that seems to be doing that with your comments about Kevin Walsh. As stated Ian Burke was given advice regards his training by the county management team (which includes a Corofin man by the way), he must not have wanted to make the commitment and walked away which is fair enough, there's more to life than football. And yes he was dropped for Corofin matches last year, the first day they played Tuam and another one I can't remember, again not bad mouthing him, just stating the facts that everyone this side of the county already knows. Good luck to him, it would be great to see him lining out in the maroon but he doesn't seem to want to which is his choice, he probably has more of a chance of winning something with Corofin anyway. Out of interest, who are these other players Kevin Walsh has alienated?

maigheo

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on January 23, 2016, 09:00:30 AM
I honestly don't see why you should comment on a situation you patently know nothing about?  In any case, your observations in relation to Burke are incorrect.
If Syferus only posted on situations that he knew something about he would only be posting here about 2 or 3 times a year ;) ;)

Syferus

Quote from: Duine Eile on January 23, 2016, 01:09:47 PM
Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2016, 01:16:11 AM
Quote from: Duine Eile on January 23, 2016, 12:37:21 AM
Ian was also dropped for a couple of Corofin championship matches this year, make of that what you like Syferus but the common denominator here is Burke himself.

Still one of there key forwards. What matches? Rested and dropped are two different things. But good work trying to bad mouth a young footballer. Walsh has a track record of alienating players. He's the common denominator and anyone looking at it honestly can see it.

I'm not bad mouthing anyone Syferus, it's you that seems to be doing that with your comments about Kevin Walsh. As stated Ian Burke was given advice regards his training by the county management team (which includes a Corofin man by the way), he must not have wanted to make the commitment and walked away which is fair enough, there's more to life than football. And yes he was dropped for Corofin matches last year, the first day they played Tuam and another one I can't remember, again not bad mouthing him, just stating the facts that everyone this side of the county already knows. Good luck to him, it would be great to see him lining out in the maroon but he doesn't seem to want to which is his choice, he probably has more of a chance of winning something with Corofin anyway. Out of interest, who are these other players Kevin Walsh has alienated?

O'Hara made sure the behind the scenes ructions with Walsh and his questionable training techniques were out in the open. If you're will to believe rumour in Galway you'd want to be willing to believe fact in Sligo. Burke isn't the first player to have a 'disagreement' with Walsh and something tells me he won't be the last.

Rossfan

Any views on the title of the thread Syfín seeing as the Final is tomorrow and let the Herrings get on with playingwho they like.
Two depleted teams tomorrow so God knows what will happen.
If as seems likely we'll be well bet at midfield then Galway should put us down.
Nice to be going to good oul Tuam again.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on January 23, 2016, 02:01:03 PM
Any views on the title of the thread Syfín seeing as the Final is tomorrow and let the Herrings get on with playingwho they like.
If as seems likely we'll be well bet at midfield then Galway should put us down.

Just hope Mc-FOD use it as a chance to get a right look at lads like Patterson, Featherston (key position) and some of the lads finally available now their colleges are out of the pre-season competitions like Andy Glennon and John Mac. Wouldn't be bothered if we win or lose as long as no player comes out of it with an injury.

commonman

Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2016, 02:21:31 PM

Just hope Mc-FOD use it as a chance to get a right look at lads like Patterson, Featherston (key position) and some of the lads finally available now their colleges are out of the pre-season competitions like Andy Glennon and John Mac. Wouldn't be bothered if we win or lose as long as no player comes out of it with an injury.

andy glennon and john mc have already played for other teams in this competition so are not eligible to play for roscommon tomorrow

Syferus

Quote from: commonman on January 24, 2016, 12:51:44 AM
Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2016, 02:21:31 PM

andy glennon and john mc have already played for other teams in this competition so are not eligible to play for roscommon tomorrow

Mighty. Such stupid rules for a pre-season tournament where colleges are mostly using players from the counties they're playing against. Hopefully they played in the Armagh game midweek. The AvB game that was planned fort this weekend would have been better for sorting the panel for the league.

larryin89

What are the exact rules anyway , it's slightly confusing that enda smith could play for Ross although I seen him play for DCU the week beforehand yet Evan Regan was supposedly not available for Mayo because he played for  UUJ , is there different rules per provincial council ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on January 24, 2016, 11:08:05 AM
What are the exact rules anyway , it's slightly confusing that enda smith could play for Ross although I seen him play for DCU the week beforehand yet Evan Regan was supposedly not available for Mayo because he played for  UUJ , is there different rules per provincial council ?

I presume that both UUJ where playing the same weekend as Mayo and both were still in their relevant competitions. If UUJ were out of the McK Cup then Reagan Regan would be available. Colleges get priority. Although I have a memory of Mickey Harte using College players a few years ago!

larryin89

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 24, 2016, 12:08:09 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 24, 2016, 11:08:05 AM

I presume that both UUJ where playing the same weekend as Mayo and both were still in their relevant competitions. If UUJ were out of the McK Cup then Reagan Regan would be available. Colleges get priority. Although I have a memory of Mickey Harte using College players a few years ago!

That was my point buddy , uuj were out same as DCU were out by the time we were supposed to play Roscommon . Now I have learned since that Regan was unavailable through a minor injury but I read somewhere that he was cup tied through playing for uuj and wouldn't of been able to play for Mayo till the fbd final if we had of reached that far .

It's of no big significance anyway but I'm just to trying to establish are there different rules per province and how does that work when so many of the players would be playing for a collage from outside of the province there county is from.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

From Wiki

2007 Tyrone ineligibility dispute

Tyrone caused controversy in 2007 when they fielded four players who had already been selected by University teams. The official rule is that Universities have first choice on players, so in effect, they were fielding ineligible players. Tyrone manager, Mickey Harte, claimed it was the players' own decision to choose to play for the county team over their University. Tyrone were docked two points as a punishment, but this did not affect their progression into the semi-final stage.[6]
Although Tyrone won the final, beating Donegal by 2-09 to 0-05, Tyrone were stripped of their title for fielding the ineligible University players in the match. The players had not been listed on the official team sheet, which was another breach of the rules.[7] However, Tyrone's victory was reinstated upon appeal.[8]

GalwayBayBoy

HT in FBD final

Galway 2-5 Roscommon 0-6

Damien Comer with both Galway goals.

GaillimhIarthair

Galway 2-05 Roscommon 0-06 at HT in Tuam. 

Syferus

The Tuam pitch has actual lines on it, which is more than could be said of McHale.