FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

twitter:

emlyn mulligan ‏@emlynmulligan 38m
Re: FBD Final NY13  ''in the current climate we couldn't expect the lads to take off work ''  We could at least have been asked! #fbd #joke

emlyn mulligan ‏@emlynmulligan 19m
The most frustrating thing is having to find out via @hoganstandgaa that the trip to NY is not going ahead!

Once again players have no say!

MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

Heard they were pulling out.
I presume it's for financial reasons having been there already in May.
It would never be that any Co board offeeshul couldn't get time off work  :-X
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: muppet on September 25, 2013, 05:26:17 PM
twitter:

emlyn mulligan ‏@emlynmulligan 38m
Re: FBD Final NY13  ''in the current climate we couldn't expect the lads to take off work ''  We could at least have been asked! #fbd #joke

emlyn mulligan ‏@emlynmulligan 19m
The most frustrating thing is having to find out via @hoganstandgaa that the trip to NY is not going ahead!

Once again players have no say!

Shamblolic shite by the county board trying to pass it off as being worried about players' jobs and not even telling them it was cancelled. As the organisers it should be Connacht GAA funding the winners' trip, not the winning county. They make it into a punishment by shackling individual counties with the costs. It'd be a worthwhile reward for a team if they applied it correctly.

A kick in the teeth after a season that turned very bitter for Leitrim.

Farrandeelin

Jays, the New York folk will be angry with Leitrim for not going over this year.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 25, 2013, 06:07:21 PM
Jays, the New York folk will be angry with Leitrim for not going over this year.

Well done Farr!

You win this year's BDF Cup.

You win a trip to see Stephenite in Oz and you are bringing all of the Mayo posters here with you. Stephenite has been really looking forward to this so please don't let him down.
MWWSI 2017

Qwerty28

Fairly sure you could round up 15 Leitrim men in New York for the game....not every year Leitrim have a chance to lift 2 trophies in the one year!

Syferus

Quote from: Qwerty28 on September 25, 2013, 09:45:10 PM
Fairly sure you could round up 15 Leitrim men in New York for the game....not every year Leitrim have a chance to lift 2 trophies in the one year!

Did they make two different trophies for the same tournament? Did someone get a little drunk when they were drawing up plans for the FBD?

Farrandeelin

I wonder will they do a shake up of the groups and give some north Mayo venue a game!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on November 07, 2013, 08:06:54 PM
I wonder will they do a shake up of the groups and give some north Mayo venue a game!

Maybe Healy Park will get a game   ;)

magpie seanie

Maybe it should be run on a blitz format with all the games over one weekend in the Prenty Bowl Connacht Centre of Excellence. Coke and Tayto for the winners. A week off work for the losers.

Rossfan

Saturdays next year buckeens -

Saturday 4 January
Roscommon v Sligo It, 2pm
Mayo v NUIG, 2pm
Galway v Sligo, 2pm
Leitrim v GMIT, 2pm

Saturday 11 January
NUIG v Roscommon, 2pm
Mayo v Sligo IT, 2pm
Sligo v GMIT, 2pm
Galway v Leitrim, 2pm

Saturday 18 January
Sligo IT v NUIG, 2pm
Roscommon v Mayo, 2pm
Leitrim v Sligo, 2pm
Galway GMIT, 2pm

Saturday 25 January
Final
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

At least they kept the West Ros-East Mayo Classic on the schedule. Besides that I'm not bothered but the winners of Ros-Mayo should make the final.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on November 12, 2013, 03:34:28 PM
At least they kept the West Ros-East Mayo Classic on the schedule. Besides that I'm not bothered but the winners of Ros-Mayo should make the final.

Whatever, it s just a few challlenge games.

I ve been in 'haunis and in the 'lough more often than I d care to admit and enjoyed the fix at the time. But the FBD is a beaten docket.

I ve immediate family instructed to shoot me even if I even suggest I might be going to another FBD game ever - even if my mother was selected to start :'(  Mondays are bad enough but an eff bd game will stack it up earlier again.