European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: NAG1 on July 11, 2018, 09:45:56 AM
United fans would have taken him back in a heartbeat, as would any other team in the PL.

But when you look at the figures it doesnt make a whole lot of sense even with his ability to generate income. With the images rights all tied up very little of that comes the way of the club.

It would have been more nostalgia than a choice for the future. Plus the chances of the two big egos working would be next to nil.

Also I dont think there has ever been any real or true sense that the player himself would have returned regardless.

Will be really interesting to see how he goes with Juve and if he can get them over the line in the CL. As well as the merry-go-round of players being lined up to replace him at RM.
[/b]

This will be interesting. Salah would be on the  list you would imagine but signed a new 5 year deal a couple of weeks ago, whatever that is worth these days. Neymar and Mbappe would be the two most likely I would imagine with potentially Dybala going the other way. Harry Kane's agent might be getting a call as well.

NAG1

Quote from: TabClear on July 11, 2018, 10:21:01 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 11, 2018, 09:45:56 AM
United fans would have taken him back in a heartbeat, as would any other team in the PL.

But when you look at the figures it doesnt make a whole lot of sense even with his ability to generate income. With the images rights all tied up very little of that comes the way of the club.

It would have been more nostalgia than a choice for the future. Plus the chances of the two big egos working would be next to nil.

Also I dont think there has ever been any real or true sense that the player himself would have returned regardless.

Will be really interesting to see how he goes with Juve and if he can get them over the line in the CL. As well as the merry-go-round of players being lined up to replace him at RM.
[/b]

This will be interesting. Salah would be on the  list you would imagine but signed a new 5 year deal a couple of weeks ago, whatever that is worth these days. Neymar and Mbappe would be the two most likely I would imagine with potentially Dybala going the other way. Harry Kane's agent might be getting a call as well.

Yeah thats true for all of those actually, most have signed up recently to long term contracts so could be a massive move for any of them Lots of chat about Coutinhnio to PSG as well. It does free up serious money in terms of contracts for RM.

Be interesting to see if they test Liverpool with a bid or if they wait to see if Salah can back up his form of last season.

trailer

Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2018, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2018, 10:00:16 AM
I reckon he'll bag 30+ goals a season no problem and I wouldn't rule out 40+. If he stays 3 years he'll score well over 100 goals. The man is a freak and he's not done yet.
Utd should have bought him. Paid out £150m and give him £50m a year. f**k it, it's not like Utd or any other team are spending our money.

30+ goals in Serie A  has been done twice in the last 60 years. Not a chance he scores 40+.

This isn't Luca Toni we are talking about. It's Ronaldo.

gallsman

Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2018, 11:11:44 AM
Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2018, 10:19:37 AM
Quote from: trailer on July 11, 2018, 10:00:16 AM
I reckon he'll bag 30+ goals a season no problem and I wouldn't rule out 40+. If he stays 3 years he'll score well over 100 goals. The man is a freak and he's not done yet.
Utd should have bought him. Paid out £150m and give him £50m a year. f**k it, it's not like Utd or any other team are spending our money.

30+ goals in Serie A  has been done twice in the last 60 years. Not a chance he scores 40+.

This isn't Luca Toni we are talking about. It's Ronaldo.

I repeat. Not a chance he'll get 40+.

Boycey

They got 86 league goals last season plus whatever they did in Europe/Cup competitions so 30 or even 40 goals would hardly be beyond him?

Syferus

The diverging paths of Ronaldo and Rooney are something else. And Wazza was the bigger star at one point.

Jeepers Creepers

He'll earn almost 73k per day at Juve.

gallsman

Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2018, 12:15:10 PM
They got 86 league goals last season plus whatever they did in Europe/Cup competitions so 30 or even 40 goals would hardly be beyond him?

We're talking about Serie A. At least I am.

laoislad

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 11, 2018, 12:49:04 PM
He'll earn almost 73k per day at Juve.
Not far off an Electricians daily rate.  8)
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

TabClear

Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2018, 12:45:13 PM
The diverging paths of Ronaldo and Rooney are something else. And Wazza was the bigger star at one point.

Whatever people think about Ronaldo he has kept himself in unbelievable shape. Rooney was/is a serious athlete but I doubt he was as disciplined as CR7 when it came to "lifestyle" choices. Tom Brady in the  NFL would be something similar, hence the longevity.

gallsman

Quote from: TabClear on July 11, 2018, 01:13:31 PM
Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2018, 12:45:13 PM

Whatever people think about Ronaldo he has kept himself in unbelievable shape. Rooney was/is a serious athlete but I doubt he was as disciplined as CR7 when it came to "lifestyle" choices. Tom Brady in the  NFL would be something similar, hence the longevity.

I don't think you could ever classify Rooney as a serious/great "athlete". Always felt he could have worked a bit harder to get himself into better shape, whilst acknowledging that footballers don't necessarily need to look like bodybuilders like Ronaldo.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2018, 10:04:27 AM
Juventus could win the champions league now.
Could easily have won it this year remember it took a late penalty for Real Madrid to scrape over the line against them. Good signing for Juve 2 or 3 good seasons left in him while massive boots for Real Madrid to fill.

Boycey

Quote from: gallsman on July 11, 2018, 12:56:00 PM
Quote from: Boycey on July 11, 2018, 12:15:10 PM
We're talking about Serie A. At least I am.

OK, well Higuaín got 36 goals in Serie A a few years back so maybe Ronnie getting 40+ isn't that outlandish. Juve are in danger or rather the League is in danger of them leaving everyone behind..

bennydorano

Elevensports have Spanish & Italian football for 2018/19. f**k that

laoislad

Ronaldo just after been sent off.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.