Ireland.. A horrid little tax tart

Started by lawnseed, June 17, 2013, 11:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawnseed

with all the talk about closing in on multi national companies using ireland and others as  'shell' countries ie a place to locate your shell business. i was a little taken aback by the description of the 26 counties as 'a horrid little tax tart hiking up her skirt for business' by a US official  ;D the image of the gimp kenny dressed in st trinians gear and plastered in lipstick strutting his stuff around Brussels touting for business has me in stitches.. ;D

i dont think anything will come of this posturing about tax. its like the haaka before we see new zealand play rugby it looks good but doesn't mean much. its interesting that the politicians "want" to tackle big business but don't mention the banks or oil companies, its just high tech offenders like google and apple. i take it they haven't been too forthcoming in their political donations or political appointments to their boards tut tut..

then Sammy Wilson puts his boot in by claiming ireland is stealing the uk's tax money! something sec. of state Teresa villiers didn't deny when it was put to her today on BBC radio ni. i didn't hear a reaction from Dublin but the remark was clearly designed to embarrass the tax tart in-front of "the great and the good" in fermanagh.

"ten dalla ten dalla me luv you long time.." ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once