The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

A discussion forum that wants to stop discussion

Wildweasel74

You put any normal poster of posting long ago. You need a hard look at yourselves with some of the stuff posted on here You make, Ireland sound a great place compared to America.

GAABoardMod5

I think must of us in Ireland wouldn't mind an update on things political in America...but the minutiae of detail on, for example, Hunter Biden's laptop is not needed, neither is dissection of Trump's latest proclamation/dinner guest or whatever he's up to on a particular day. 

The news in Ireland carries enough info on politics whether in Dublin, London or in Washington, and the good old internet has plenty avenues for those looking for more detail.  A general discussion on the main items of the day is about as much as what's needed on here.

This is primarily a GAA discussion site, with non-GAA matters allowed as well.  But the emphasis is on GAA.

A restriction of one post per poster per day would be nice in this thread.  Hearing the Irish expats views from both sides would be welcome and help the rest of us understand what's going on. 

At the rate they are going, the thread won't last much longer.  So it's up to the few of you to move past the current tone of discussion.

Thanks.

RedHand88

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on December 12, 2022, 08:26:17 PM
I'm torn about this thread. It's a topic that's worth discussing, but the constant repetition of conservative talking points by two Fox News-heads makes it terribly tedious.

You're as bad as any of them. Everything is a constant dig. You're still at it even now.

J70

Quote from: whitey on December 12, 2022, 09:09:19 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 12, 2022, 07:46:47 PM
Fair enough. Have at it lads.

Good luck J70

I think we have devoted more than enough time to this

Have a great Christmas with your family

You too whitey.

Looks like this thread is done. Its been interesting, challenging, and for the most part, enjoyable hashing it out with you!

Gabriel_Hurl

This George Santos is some buck   ;D

Gmac

Trump taxes anyone ? Another hoax , nuclear secrets for $20 Alex

Puckoon

I think its a poor censorship comment from the Mod on this thread, there are so many exiles living in the USA and when you start limiting posts to one a day on the rest of the non GAA related threads - you might have a point I can understand.

That said, there are a couple regurgitative posters who appear to disengage their common ground before engaging on this thread, and some poor perspectives on the black and whites of right and wrong which surprises me coming from the mouths of Irishmen and Irishwomen. There is a LOT to unpack in American Politics, indeed never has the thread title seemed more Apt. Tyrone's Own - often wonder what happened him.

This vote for the speaker of the house is enthralling viewing. The fabric of the GOP is irreparably torn and it remains to be seen who, or what is the glue that can patch it back together. 

J70

I'm not re-engaging with this thread, but I will say that I am enjoying this. This is McCarthy, a man without a shred of dignity or an ounce of principle, who has debased himself at the feet of Trump, who has basically pulled his trousers down for these right wing lunatics in pursuit of their vote, who has literally sold his soul in pursuit of the Speakership. He has utterly humiliated himself. And they still won't support him!

I hope it was worth it My Kevin, you spineless worm!

whitey

The Republicans are a flat out disgrace

They have surrendered the party to a bunch of flat out lunatics

Trump probably cost them 4 senate seats and 20 (just my view) house seats, but they deserve everything that's happening to them

They made a deal with the devil, but when they had a chance for a clean break on Jan 6th 2021 they punted. And now they're paying for it

(My one post for the week)

Gmac

Any outrage over classified documents today ?

Gmac

Joe had the classified documents locked in his garage with his corvette, cmon man
Something very suss about all this , Gavin lurking in the background