Mayo v London Sunday July 21st, 2013 Connacht Final

Started by From the Bunker, June 30, 2013, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Quote from: ballinaman on July 04, 2013, 11:16:12 PM
They haven't discovered the block function yet obviously.

How does that wok please as I want to block  have now blocked th'eejit before I explode from reading the sh1te he spouts.

Found it and blocked the gobsh1teen. The relief !!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

RedandGreenSniper

Regarding Evan Regan I don't know why he has been dropped but I would be amazed if it was because the County Board told Horan he needed to cut players for cost reasons. Obviously I'd well believe they'd say this to him, but would be amazed if Horan followed their instructions!
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

ballinaman

Quote from: Rossfan on July 05, 2013, 10:53:19 AM

How does that wok please as I want to block  have now blocked th'eejit before I explode from reading the sh1te he spouts.

You won't know yourself!

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 05, 2013, 11:02:32 AM
Regarding Evan Regan I don't know why he has been dropped but I would be amazed if it was because the County Board told Horan he needed to cut players for cost reasons. Obviously I'd well believe they'd say this to him, but would be amazed if Horan followed their instructions!

Evan is a fast little player, who can score goals. A valuable asset we are giving up. We might need him for left footed frees too. All I can think is Horan is thinking of the Donegal, Cork, Tyrone, Dublin, Kerry defences rather than the likes of London.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 05, 2013, 09:10:19 AM
Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2013, 12:20:57 AM
Quote from: Tubberman on July 04, 2013, 11:57:00 PM
It's hard to understand - from the outside at least. Just when he was finally fit and injury free and had put up a big score for the club...
Rumour that someone else has been called up to the panel but not sure how accurate that is.

Not a Ballintubber player by any chance ;D ;D ;D

O Connor the younger maybe?

Only messin. We ll get the full picture anon I m sure.

For some reason today I wondered why Conoreen had quit and Kilcoyne had been culled. And I swear I haven t thought about the Mort in a year and didn t give Killer a second thought. But is there a pattern?
Jaze, moy, you have me worried!  ;D
You're a lot closer to the scene than I am so if you detect that something odd is afoot, I'd have to take it that you've been hearing rumours that you think are credible.
But I can't see any sort of pattern emerging and a  I doubt that trip to Specsavers will make me  see anything more than I can see now.
Farrandeelin has told us several times that Kilcoyne is in England and that's as good a reason as any for him being absent from the panel.
The manner in which Mort stormed off the panel tells me all I need to know about his departure.
With regards to Evan Regan, all we can do at the moment is speculate. You have heard that it's a case of squad pruning and Tubberman has heard that Horan is going to bring somebody else in to replace him.
Now both rumours can't be true. It could also be a case of the lad dropping out for a whole variety of reasons. Conoreen did just that and the little hoor let everyone why he did so.
Remember the case of the Feeneys taking a huff?
Maybe Evan is doing the same and maybe also he may have done so for personal reasons.
I dunno. Sorry to see him go but all we can do is wait for an explanation.

I assure you Lar that I pay little heed to rumours. If I were to trouble ye with all the rumours that I encounter ...........

If anything you are the only one speculating - the bit about Regan taking a huff and dropping out is pure conjecture on you re behalf and unfair to the player.

I was quite clear. He didn t walk - he was cut. That s all she wrote. And squad pruning/ trimming was the reason given to the player.

Don t mind the bit about The Mort and Killer. It was late, I m on holidays and thinking out loud. But just to clear up another thing there. Kilcoyne was cut before he went to England. We dont know if he would have been brought back if he was local. Neither do we know if he would have gone to England if he had been still involved. If Regan has any sense he ll be making travel arrangements as we speak. After this weekend he wont have any football here for 2 months anyway.

macdanger2

Seems a bit odd to drop Regan alright, esp the week before club championship-if a couple of lads get injured this weekend (fingers crossed that they won't) then horan would have to go knocking! Doubly strange that it would only be one player which would lead me to believe that there's something more to the story.

Regardless, he seems to prefer Coen as the best of the 'uncapped' forwards so barring injury it's unlikely to affect team selection. Even if he never played though, you'd have thought being in the squad would be good for his development.

Any word on injured players? Barry? COC? Conroy? Hopefully there'll be no new names on the list by Sunday evening.

Farrandeelin

Ah Rossfan, the board just won't be the same without you showing him how to behave! :P Go on and unblock him...you know you wanna...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Jinxy

Was wondering where Kilcoyne was.
A good man to have on the bench at the very least I would have thought.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 05, 2013, 03:09:55 PM

Ah Rossfan, the board just won't be the same without you showing him how to behave! :P Go on and unblock him...you know you wanna...

Ahhh Farran I'm depressed enough thinking of how much we'll lose by tomorrow without seeing all that childeen's sh1te plastered all over the GAAboard.
Anyway there's plenty of more adult crap being spouted by many of the usual suspects to keep me in fertiliser ..... :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ballinaman

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 05, 2013, 02:35:48 PM

Any word on injured players? Barry? COC? Conroy? Hopefully there'll be no new names on the list by Sunday evening
Heard Conroy is flying. Barry,Doc and Conroy in contention for London.COC said hopeful regards bank holiday weekend.
Dillon is gone from what I heard,3 months.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2013, 05:51:10 PM

Any word on injured players? Barry? COC? Conroy? Hopefully there'll be no new names on the list by Sunday evening
Heard Conroy is flying. Barry,Doc and Conroy in contention for London.COC said hopeful regards bank holiday weekend.
Good God, what's happened to Dillon??
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ballinaman

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 05, 2013, 06:15:08 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on July 05, 2013, 05:51:10 PM

Good God, what's happened to Dillon??
Groin. Same one that kept him out following AI final through the league. They are bastards to rehab.

Farrandeelin

Interesting regarding Dillon. Perhaps that's why he was 'off the boil' the last day so?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2013, 01:38:23 PM
It's hard to understand - from the outside at least. Just when he was finally fit and injury free and had put up a big score for the club...
Rumour that someone else has been called up to the panel but not sure how accurate that is.

For some reason today I wondered why Conoreen had quit and Kilcoyne had been culled. And I swear I haven t thought about the Mort in a year and didn t give Killer a second thought. But is there a pattern?
You're a lot closer to the scene than I am so if you detect that something odd is afoot, I'd have to take it that you've been hearing rumours that you think are credible.
But I can't see any sort of pattern emerging and a  I doubt that trip to Specsavers will make me  see anything more than I can see now.
Farrandeelin has told us several times that Kilcoyne is in England and that's as good a reason as any for him being absent from the panel.
The manner in which Mort stormed off the panel tells me all I need to know about his departure.
With regards to Evan Regan, all we can do at the moment is speculate. You have heard that it's a case of squad pruning and Tubberman has heard that Horan is going to bring somebody else in to replace him.
Now both rumours can't be true. It could also be a case of the lad dropping out for a whole variety of reasons. Conoreen did just that and the little hoor let everyone why he did so.
Maybe Evan is doing the same and maybe also he may have done so for personal reasons.

I assure you Lar that I pay little heed to rumours. If I were to trouble ye with all the rumours that I encounter ...........

If anything you are the only one speculating - the bit about Regan taking a huff and dropping out is pure conjecture on you re behalf and unfair to the player.

I was quite clear. He didn t walk - he was cut. That s all she wrote. And squad pruning/ trimming was the reason given to the player.

Don t mind the bit about The Mort and Killer. It was late, I m on holidays and thinking out loud. But just to clear up another thing there. Kilcoyne was cut before he went to England. We dont know if he would have been brought back if he was local. Neither do we know if he would have gone to England if he had been still involved. If Regan has any sense he ll be making travel arrangements as we speak. After this weekend he wont have any football here for 2 months anyway.
I hope you and all concerned enjoy your holidays and that you can leave all denunciation, condemnation and teetotal obfuscation behind you when you go.
Don't worry; 'twill all be bubbling along nicely when you return.
However, I hope you'll find that I have not added to the speculation and innuendo in your absence. Very surprised to learn that you thought I was doing this when I responded to your last post. Matter of fact, I was thinking the very same about you and that surprised me greatly.
If you hadn't written:
I wouldn't have bothered to respond.

Whatever may have led to Conoreen' departure, the fact is he left in a monumental huff. The only inference I could draw from your statement was that Killer and Regan may have done the same. If not, what other reason for leaving could they have had in common?
I made the point that while others have left in a huff, the Feeneys included, Reagan may have had personal reasons for departing and anything else is speculation.
And there, m'lud, I rest my case. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 05, 2013, 08:30:53 PM
Quote from: moysider on July 05, 2013, 01:38:23 PM

I hope you and all concerned enjoy your holidays and that you can leave all denunciation, condemnation and teetotal obfuscation behind you when you go.
Don't worry; 'twill all be bubbling along nicely when you return.
However, I hope you'll find that I have not added to the speculation and innuendo in your absence. Very surprised to learn that you thought I was doing this when I responded to your last post. Matter of fact, I was thinking the very same about you and that surprised me greatly.
If you hadn't written:
I wouldn't have bothered to respond.

Whatever may have led to Conoreen' departure, the fact is he left in a monumental huff. The only inference I could draw from your statement was that Killer and Regan may have done the same. If not, what other reason for leaving could they have had in common?
I made the point that while others have left in a huff, the Feeneys included, Reagan may have had personal reasons for departing and anything else is speculation.
And there, m'lud, I rest my case. ;D

No, you bloody well don t Lar >:( . Are you being deliberately mischievous because that is some spin.

Where did you get the notion that Regan 'departed'? Who said that? I clearly posted that he was dropped. Management had the curtesy to inform him over the phone Wednesday night. I clearly stated that he was cut and clarified that at least once. Yet you infer that he walked. Bad enough to cope with being told you re not wanted but when a poster on a public forum then spins it that you walked away in a huff :'(

I regret now, putting him in a set with the other 2 now but thought it was obvious enough. Smaller skilful forwards either feel they have no future and walk ( Conoreen), or are told they have no future the way the game has gone and are shown the door ( Kilcoyne and Regan). I m sure everybody read the Gooch interview last week where he said he wouldn t get the chance to play if he was starting again because he was too slight. Gooch was 10 stone something v Armagh in AI final. Regan would be much heavier than that but maybe management feel he is too slight against packed defences, even though he is probably the most lethal goal getter available to us. It was the demise of the skillful player that Gooch was lamenting. That is what I had in mind. You Lar, disappointingly, choose to infer something more sensational and regrettably damaging to the reputation of a player that must have been gutted to get that call. Coming only weeks after hitting a rich seam of form. When was the last time a Mayo club player scored 3-2 in senior club championship?