Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

ballinaman

Any predictions for the starting 15? I think Coen will get the start, not many other changes from 15 V Galway would be my guess.

Tubberman

Quote from: ballinaman on June 11, 2013, 10:44:33 AM
Any predictions for the starting 15? I think Coen will get the start, not many other changes from 15 V Galway would be my guess.

I think you could be right - Coen to start and Dillon out to half forward line the only change I'd see. Maybe Barrett back in corner-back.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Crete Boom

Quote from: Tubberman on June 11, 2013, 10:56:44 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on June 11, 2013, 10:44:33 AM

I think you could be right - Coen to start and Dillon out to half forward line the only change I'd see. Maybe Barrett back in corner-back.

Doherty will be close to starting for his free taking if fit. Would love to see Coen get a start. Regan , Burke , MacHale , Feeney and Barry Moran are all pushing hard for a starting berth from what I hear too. At least we have a strong bench developing to give us options to change up during the game.

Farrandeelin

Horan generally is conservative enough when making changes. I could see Coen starting, or else Richie Feeney coming at number 11. I cannot see too many changes from the Galway game. When is the team due to be named anyway?

Any of the Rossies want to predict their starting XV?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 11, 2013, 09:35:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 11, 2013, 09:33:21 PM
No ! ;D

I suppose if you had your way, you wouldn't even tell us the time the match was on! :D

Ros v Mayo in the intermediate Connacht hurling final at 1:45pm. We'll win that one too.

Rossfan

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 11, 2013, 09:35:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 11, 2013, 09:33:21 PM
No ! ;D

I suppose if you had your way, you wouldn't even tell us the time the match was on! :D

We'll leave that sort of thing to McGuinness and McGeeney  ;D

We'll have a rookie goalie, a dodgy full back line, a poor defensively half back line , a one man midfield and a few half dacent forwards but sure we won't be hitting the ball up to them :-[
We could get an awful mauling  :'(
On the other hand half our team will have happy memories of batin rhubarb teams in Castlebar at Minor and U21 so get out there bucks and repeat the dose.
It's time the torch was passed to a new generation of rhubarb slayers* and where and when better to start than next Sunday.
also the GAA public are looking for new clean heroes so let us be them.
*In the tradition of Keegan,Lindsay, Heneghan, Jigger, O'Gara, the mighty Dermot, TonyMc, Doory, Gay Sheerin etc.
Men who never feared anyone .
    Raise up the standard high
    wave banners to the sky
    follow the lads in sunshine or rain
    Then with a MIGHTY ROAR

let Rhubarbs know once more
    that MEN from Roscommon are marching again

Farrandeelin

Rossfan

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on June 11, 2013, 10:06:56 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 11, 2013, 10:04:00 PM
Voted Roscommon by 4-6.
So that's you and Syfín.  ;D
I went for 1 to 3.

Steady on now, someone might mistake that for confidence!

Farrandeelin

Ah sure Rossfan, my pessimism knows no bounds...but as bad and all as I am, I couldn't bring myself to choose the bottom option! ;D

ross matt

If we get within 6 points of Mayo and put them under genuine pressure I'll be happy enough. Our underage pedigree is proven. In 2011 v Mayo followed by the Tyrone match I felt we'd laid a decent platform for future senior success.

Poor management in 2012 set us back a long way after being humiliated by what turned out to be (by their standards) a consistently poor Galway outfit. So we had to take an unexpected step back to move forward.

In the meantime Mayo moved on to a different level in terms of professionalism/fitness/physical strength/sports science/mental strength/experience/cynicism......      so personally I feel our goal for this encounter is competitiveness/pride/progress & damage limitation.

Nothing to lose. Everything to gain. Best of luck to the Rossies.

Syferus

For us the script is there if we win, 'sure look at their recent record against Mayo and their underage successes!', perception can switch in an instant and Mayo themselves learnt that in 2011. We'll have to do this job someday.

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on June 11, 2013, 10:33:49 PM
For us the script is there if we win, 'sure look at their recent record against Mayo and their underage successes!', perception can switch in an instant and Mayo themselves learnt that in 2011. We'll have to do this job someday.

We learned what exactly in 2011?