Mayo vs. Roscommon Connacht SFC Semi-final (June 16th, McHale Park)

Started by Syferus, May 19, 2013, 05:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much will Roscommon win by?

1-3 points
4-6 points
I really wish I was born a Rossie

ballinaman

Quote from: larryin89 on June 03, 2013, 03:15:19 PM
Sounds like some second half performance by Mayo today, i didn't make it myself but it sounds awesome, goals galore.

Anyone at it from in here?
Ya,just in the door.

Starting team.
O'Malley
Keane
McHale
Cunniffe
Burke
Boyle
Vaughan
AOS
Gibbons
Kevin Mc
Feeney
Carolan
Coen
Freeman
Andy

1-5 to 10 for Cavan at HT. Ended 5-12 to 0-16 for Mayo.

Cavan started a complete different team in the 2nd half. Cian Mackey was very dangerous for Cavan in the 1st half. Decent game. Coen must have ended up with 1-4 for Mayo, showed well. Burke and AOS were very good. Andy Moran running off the ball was class, ended up with 2 goals before being replaced by Evan Regan. Alan Murphy came on for Carolan and got 2 goals also, good finishes for close in.

From the Bunker

Mayo v cavan in ballina mayo :

o malley ,

keane,mchale ,cunniffe ,
vaughan ,boyle ,burke,

a o shea ,gibbons ,

mcloughlin,feeney ,carolan ,
coen ,freeman ,Moran.

Full time Mayo 5-12 Cavan 0-16

Not at the game. Got info from a friend.

larryin89

How did Gibbons play?

Where is Barry Moran up to in terms of return?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ballinaman

Quote from: larryin89 on June 03, 2013, 03:41:16 PM
How did Gibbons play?

Where is Barry Moran up to in terms of return?
Did ok, nothing major either way. Mayo porous a few times, Cavan had about four 1 on 1s...Barry,DOC and Geraghty did running drills for all of HT. Looked to be moving well

larryin89

Westside

moysider

Sounds like some second half performance by Mayo today, i didn't make it myself but it sounds awesome, goals galore.

Far from awesome. Very misleading scoreline imo. Cavan better team for a lot of it and played 2 completely different 15s. They hit crossbar twice and O Malley made at least 1 top drawer save. We found it difficult to create point chances consistently. We got turned over repeatedly in the first half. If the first half was a reflection of our form then you d be getting a bit concerned.

But it was only a challenge so not to be taken seriously. The individual good bits (like Andy playing nearly an hour) more important than the overall.

Blowitupref

Quote from: ballinaman on June 03, 2013, 03:21:10 PM

Ya,just in the door.

Starting team.
O'Malley
Keane
McHale
Cunniffe
Burke
Boyle
Vaughan
AOS
Gibbons
Kevin Mc
Feeney
Carolan
Coen
Freeman
Andy

1-5 to 10 for Cavan at HT. Ended 5-12 to 0-16 for Mayo.

Cavan started a complete different team in the 2nd half. Cian Mackey was very dangerous for Cavan in the 1st half. Decent game. Coen must have ended up with 1-4 for Mayo, showed well. Burke and AOS were very good. Andy Moran running off the ball was class, ended up with 2 goals before being replaced by Evan Regan. Alan Murphy came on for Carolan and got 2 goals also, good finishes for close in.

At least seven championship starters rested Clarke,G Cafferkey,K Higgins,S O'Shea,Keegan,Varley and Dillon shows the strength of panel.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

We had a challenge match too but I'm under orders from the Ros Horse not to divulge details to the enemy. 'Twas a lovely day, mind.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2013, 04:24:09 PM
We had a challenge match too but I'm under orders from the Ros Horse not to divulge details to the enemy. 'Twas a lovely day, mind.

Ah, go on tell us. Sure we are all friends here. We promise not to tell anybody!

the Deel Rover

Great to see a intercounty match in Ballina. Pitch looks in great condition. Like moysider said the scoreline flatters mayo with the fact that cavan had a lot of goal opportunities and at least two stonewall penalties waved on. Nice way to pass a bank holiday monday   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

joemamas

larryin89

Beat Brigids by seven points?

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on June 03, 2013, 05:27:42 PM

Nope  8)

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on June 03, 2013, 05:38:37 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on June 03, 2013, 05:27:42 PM

Nope  8)

It must of been London, hence your refusal to reveal the opposition.