FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenmachine

I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

red hander

Lads, any of you know of a reliable site that will stream both games ... a mate I used to go to a lot of Republic games with is now living in States and is very keen to see the matches online, as there's no bars near him that would show football

stew

Quote from: The Subbie on November 07, 2011, 07:05:16 AM
Quote from: Jonah on November 06, 2011, 06:48:08 PM
Great evenings entertainment well worth €10. Fair Play to Sligo and congrats.

Seeing as we're congratulating Sligo, Well done Monaghan Utd on promotion to the Premier division, I know some of the fellas that run the club and they run it very well, no craziness like Bohs,Rovers etc etc

Rovers are not spending money they dont have anymore, they run a very good, fiscally responsible ship I am told.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GJL

Heading to the game on Tuesday night. Never been to an international soccar game before and never been in Landsdown/Aviva stadium before so should be interesting. :)

Doogie Browser

Talk of Walters up front with Keane, think he deserves a chance.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Doogie Browser on November 08, 2011, 11:30:17 AM

Yes definitely deserves a chance.

Agent Orange

I don't suppose anyone knows of any tickets going spare for the home game?

magpie seanie

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 08, 2011, 11:34:56 AM

I disagree. A few decent performaces in a mickey mouse league is not enough to convince me he is ready for these games. I'd play Hoolihan or James McCarthy off Walters for the away leg and bring Doyle back in for the home game. Trapp won't do that so I reckon Cox will keep his place and should be partnered by Walters but no doubt it will be Robbie.

Main Street

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 08, 2011, 01:16:06 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on November 08, 2011, 11:34:56 AM

I disagree. A few decent performaces in a mickey mouse league is not enough to convince me he is ready for these games. I'd play Hoolihan or James McCarthy off Walters for the away leg and bring Doyle back in for the home game. Trapp won't do that so I reckon Cox will keep his place and should be partnered by Walters but no doubt it will be Robbie.
What manager with the minimum level of competence, would draft into a settled and reasonably competent international team, a rookie (like Hoolihan or McCarthy) before a play-off game and change team formation/tactics, to suit that rookie's style of play?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Seanie do you not think Stokes should be getting at least a call up?
Tbc....

thewobbler

Seanie, I know you don't like the fella, but Keane has scored 51 international goals while playing mostly among poor teams.

Dropping someone with that experience and productivity for a match of this importance would be madness. It doesn't matter if he spends 89.5 minutes waving his arms on Friday, so long as during the other 30 seconds he gets in on goal.

If Ireland get a penalty in either match, I'd rather Keane kicked it blindfold than trust anyone else in the squad. As I'm sure, deep down, you would too.

Main Street

Seanie has no objective rational sense re Robbie Keane.

GDA, Stokes was called up recently but failed to turn up.
Considering the present glut of available options up front for the 4 squad positions, who would you drop to facilitate the recall of a player like Stokes?

Clown

Quote from: Main Street on November 08, 2011, 02:09:11 PM
Seanie has no objective rational sense re Robbie Keane.

GDA, Stokes was called up recently but failed to turn up.
Considering the present glut of available options up front for the 4 squad positions, who would you drop to facilitate the recall of a player like Stokes?
Walters, Gibson and Wilson also were called up recently and used lame excuses such as Stokes' that they were tired and pulled out of the squads, yet they got a 2nd chance.
Stokes deserves one the way he's playing