Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radda bout yeee

ziggysego

Quote from: shezam on December 05, 2011, 02:05:39 PM
Looks like they are going ahead with the ridiculous T shape building @ Garvaghey http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2011/12/latest-garvaghey-images-fri-2nd-dec/

It won't be a t shaped building. It'll just look t shaped from above.
Testing Accessibility

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: ziggysego on December 06, 2011, 03:41:41 PM
Quote from: shezam on December 05, 2011, 02:05:39 PM
Looks like they are going ahead with the ridiculous T shape building @ Garvaghey http://www.tyronegaa.ie/2011/12/latest-garvaghey-images-fri-2nd-dec/

It won't be a t shaped building. It'll just look t shaped from above.

:-\  ???  :-\

everymanaman

Won't matter what it looks like from below/above or whatever. What it is in reality is a white elephant which will be a drain on clubs resources, many of which are struggling to survive already

downatthemidda

man marker would help them struggling clubs. maybe thats what he wants...clubs to go under and disappear.

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on December 06, 2011, 10:49:34 AM
2 things
1. The cap of a fine the CCC can give a club is £300.00.
2. Anyone who thinks monitary fines good for the GAA needs there head examined.

Carrickmore club are trying extremley hard to sort out a code of conduct for their players. This has been reaping rewards at underage level on the dicipline front in the past 2 year.

Good to hear the club recognised a problem and are doing something about it.

The Bog Savage

Quote from: everymanaman on December 06, 2011, 04:17:37 PM
Won't matter what it looks like from below/above or whatever. What it is in reality is a white elephant which will be a drain on clubs resources, many of which are struggling to survive already

+1

ONeill

Quote from: The Bog Savage on December 06, 2011, 11:57:05 PM

+1

How? A club survives through its own fundraising activities as always.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2011, 12:16:13 AM

+1

Where will the money come from to pay for pitch maintenance, rates, electric, heat, insurance etc? The Clubs will pay any short falls in fundraising for Garvaghey I'd suggest, or the fundraising for Garvaghey will handicap club's efforts.

I think in theory Garvaghey is a good idea, but the development is too grand and too expensive.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

everymanaman

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2011, 12:16:13 AM

+1

Plus the extra thousands they are going to be levied to fund this monstrosity

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 07, 2011, 09:31:13 AM
Where will the money come from to pay for pitch maintenance, rates, electric, heat, insurance etc? The Clubs will pay any short falls in fundraising for Garvaghey I'd suggest, or the fundraising for Garvaghey will handicap club's efforts.

Club Tyrone, for one.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

shezam

Also built in the wrong location. It would blow the head off ye up there!!!

GJL

Quote from: shezam on December 07, 2011, 02:13:15 PM

Agree there. It is a very windy site. I would guess a lot of trees planted for wind breakers would help.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on December 07, 2011, 01:31:00 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 07, 2011, 09:31:13 AM

Club Tyrone, for one.

They'll help, no doubt about that. However I think the Club's will carry the costs somewhere down the road. Just my opinion. Hope I'm wrong.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ziggysego

Quote from: shezam on December 07, 2011, 02:13:15 PM

As a Greencastle man, I must say it's quite mild there ;)

Seriously though, there's a lot of scaremongering about this project. If we listened to this, the whole way through, Croke Park wouldn't have been redeveloped, county grounds would be in terrible shape and club grounds would still consist of using a local person's field.
Testing Accessibility