Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Keep on fighting Fergie. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Was heartening to see such kindness towards him in the last few days.

GJL

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2018, 11:24:49 AM
Keep on fighting Fergie. Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Was heartening to see such kindness towards him in the last few days.

Reports yesterday that he was awake and talking to the doctors.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 08, 2018, 11:24:49 AM

Yep we sometimes forget, and we can all be guilty of it on these pages, it's only a game
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Maroon Manc

Very encouraging to hear he was sitting up and talking. Its all been said about the great man, the Glazers have a lot to be thankful for and I'm sure they appreciate him even more now.

magpie seanie

Armamike

Good to hear that. Hopefully he makes a full recovery.
That's just, like your opinion man.

BennyCake

magpie seanie

I found this interesting (possibly because it aligns with my long held views). The 7 point plan is the absolute antithesis of Busby and what United should stand for.

http://www.the42.ie/jose-mourinho-opinion-3999807-May2018/

Milltown Row2

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 10:04:39 AM
I found this interesting (possibly because it aligns with my long held views). The 7 point plan is the absolute antithesis of Busby and what United should stand for.

And that is why Utd should have got Jose to replace Fergie after he retired, He'd have been gone by now but Utd would have at the very least won a few trophies and steadied the ship for a new young attacking minded manager..

Its hard to argue with his stats to be fair, and the lesser teams have used his own tactics against him by coughing up mistakes..For this season to be a sort of success Utd need to win the FA cup, Liverpool to lose the CL.. And I don't mean that in a bad way to Liverpool fans, I actually want Liverpool to win the CL, they have been the best team in the competition and Klopp (bar his one interview) is a really entertaining manager..

But that would be the only way Utd fans (in general) would see this season as a successful one.. As bad as it sounds!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Insane Bolt

Whoever hasn't got the ball can't score! 🙄

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2018, 10:28:34 AM

And that is why Utd should have got Jose to replace Fergie after he retired, He'd have been gone by now but Utd would have at the very least won a few trophies and steadied the ship for a new young attacking minded manager..

Its hard to argue with his stats to be fair, and the lesser teams have used his own tactics against him by coughing up mistakes..For this season to be a sort of success Utd need to win the FA cup, Liverpool to lose the CL.. And I don't mean that in a bad way to Liverpool fans, I actually want Liverpool to win the CL, they have been the best team in the competition and Klopp (bar his one interview) is a really entertaining manager..

But that would be the only way Utd fans (in general) would see this season as a successful one.. As bad as it sounds!

It was a huge mistake not giving him the job straight after Fergie, Mourhino likes to spend money but at least the majority of it goes on the right players unlike what Moyes & LVG spent it on. I hope we can get the point tonight so he can give the likes of Gomes & Chong a game on Sunday or even Greenwood.

In other news I see Rooney is likely to be leaving Everton because he's not good enough, he's been stealing a living since 2012 and that was 6 years ago; Giving him a new contract was probably Moyes' biggest mistake.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 11:58:26 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2018, 10:28:34 AM

It was a huge mistake not giving him the job straight after Fergie, Mourhino likes to spend money but at least the majority of it goes on the right players unlike what Moyes & LVG spent it on. I hope we can get the point tonight so he can give the likes of Gomes & Chong a game on Sunday or even Greenwood.

In other news I see Rooney is likely to be leaving Everton because he's not good enough, he's been stealing a living since 2012 and that was 6 years ago; Giving him a new contract was probably Moyes' biggest mistake.

It took Mourinho a long time to cop on to that also.

Maroon Manc

He should have got rid of him straight away but that was never going to be easy given his contract etc.

I won't be surprised to see Martial go this summer, he's obviously very talented but we've not seen enough of it the last few years and I know that him and Mourinho don't get on at all.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 12:28:14 PM
He should have got rid of him straight away but that was never going to be easy given his contract etc.

I won't be surprised to see Martial go this summer, he's obviously very talented but we've not seen enough of it the last few years and I know that him and Mourinho don't get on at all.

Another DeBruyne or Salah.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2018, 01:02:36 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 10, 2018, 12:28:14 PM

Another DeBruyne or Salah.

haha, not everything is his fault. Salah was sold when Conte was in charge and given he was the Italian manager he'd have seen more of Salah then anyone else. As for DeBruyne he was a left winger at the time and Hazard was easily the better player. I'd imagine he was under pressure to balance the books at the time so something had to give.