Ryle Nugent leaves RTE

Started by AZOffaly, February 26, 2018, 01:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

laoislad

Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 26, 2018, 02:58:31 PM
I hope the new head of RTE Sport brings in proper analysis for their live sports and less of the gimmicks such as the likes of Dunphy,Brolly and Hook. Better commentators than Ger Canning around surely? no more Tommy Carr or very much so Martin Carney would also improve the GAA RTE coverage.
And less of the women's rugby...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Avondhu star

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2018, 02:47:39 PM
I'd imagine Nugent would have got rid of "Gah" altogether if he'd had his way.
A lot in R.T.E. would be in favour of getting rid of the "Gah"
If there is to be more womens sport why not a bit of mud wrestling with Twinks versus Miriam O Callaghan topping the bill
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Syferus

Quote from: Avondhu star on February 26, 2018, 03:58:53 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2018, 02:47:39 PM
I'd imagine Nugent would have got rid of "Gah" altogether if he'd had his way.
A lot in R.T.E. would be in favour of getting rid of the "Gah"
If there is to be more womens sport why not a bit of mud wrestling with Twinks versus Miriam O Callaghan topping the bill

Yawn.

magpie seanie

Quote from: laoislad on February 26, 2018, 03:01:41 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on February 26, 2018, 02:58:31 PM
I hope the new head of RTE Sport brings in proper analysis for their live sports and less of the gimmicks such as the likes of Dunphy,Brolly and Hook. Better commentators than Ger Canning around surely? no more Tommy Carr or very much so Martin Carney would also improve the GAA RTE coverage.
And less of the women's rugby...

Not sure why you're so down on women rugby. It's very watchable. Much worse crap on like horse racing.

Rossfan

I'd recommend John Lynch as a new commentator. Excellent on Eirsport.
Jim Gavin for new head of sport? Although knowing RTÉ it'll be another rubby Dublin 4 head.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 26, 2018, 05:13:17 PM
I'd recommend John Lynch as a new commentator. Excellent on Eirsport.
Jim Gavin for new head of sport? Although knowing RTÉ it'll be another rubby Dublin 4 head.

Willie H gets my vote.

From the Bunker

Time to cut loose of the likes of Marian Finnucane, and spend some of their outrageous wages on quality!

thewobbler

I've no opinion one way or the other on Nugent, only to say that the way RTE have lost large-viewership sports over the past 10 years, and replace them with public service / equal rights sporting events, undoubtedly was not his vision when he took the job on. Perhaps he could have pushed harder, but I'd think he's a victim of circumstance here.