Official Leicester City Thread

Started by Orior, January 28, 2016, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Have you noticed it's mostly United and Liverpool fans coming out with the bullshit line "I'd love to see Leicester win the league. Isn't it just great how they're getting on.  Ack look at them, the wee dotes."

Stop being so f**king patronising just cos your team is all but out of the running!  :-)

Come on you Spurs!
Keep 'er lit

passedit

Quote from: The Gs Man on February 08, 2016, 01:44:50 PM
Have you noticed it's mostly United and Liverpool fans coming out with the bullshit line "I'd love to see Leicester win the league. Isn't it just great how they're getting on.  Ack look at them, the wee dotes."

Stop being so f**king patronising just cos your team is all but out of the running!  :-)

Come on you Spurs!

I was at the Spurs Leicester League game a couple of weeks ago and despite the fact that they lost to a criminally unmarked Huth header, I was just as impressed with Spurs as Leicester. As long as Lloris doesnt get hurt Spurs will be very close. The impressive thing about Leicester that night was they had a half fit Vardy and two throwback centre halves against a very good Spurs and still found a way to win. They could probably get over the line without Vardy but not Schmeichel or Kante who looked like a cross between Keane and Giles without the dirt.
Don't Panic

T Fearon

For the first time ever,Spurs fans will be hoping for an Arsenal victory this weekend.Have to say if Leicester take anything from Arsenal I will believe they can win the league

Walter Cronc

I think Arsenal will turn Leicester over this weekend.

Someone previously listed Leicesters next 7 games are against lower ranked sides. Sometimes they are more difficult than playing those around you.

Delighted for Ranieri - hope your watch Roman!!

Billys Boots

My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

seafoid

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2016, 03:33:11 PM
For the first time ever,Spurs fans will be hoping for an Arsenal victory this weekend.Have to say if Leicester take anything from Arsenal I will believe they can win the league
I think Spurs might do it. Pochettino is a really impressive manager

Armamike

Come on Leicester!

The 1970s had Derby and Forest and Ipswich who came pretty close.  Watford ended up second in the mid 80s.  Everton came out of nowhere really to win it in 85. 
That's just, like your opinion man.

T Fearon

The unluckiest club of all not to win the league was QPR in 1976,they played some great football,from the opening day of the season beating Liverpool 2 nil at home,with skipper Gerry Francis outstanding and other great players like Bowles,Givens,Dave Thomas,Phil Parkes etc,but were pipped to the title by Liverpool winning at Wolves in the very last game,after Wolves had taken the lead too.

bennydorano

Quote from: seafoid on February 08, 2016, 04:40:44 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2016, 03:33:11 PM
I think Spurs might do it. Pochettino is a really impressive manager
I'd like to see Leicester winning it myself, but am having a rattle on Spurs at 9/2. Think City are already thinking about next season, Arsenal have a great chance tho.

supersub

Come on you Spurs!

That's one of the most idiotic statements I've ever read. I would love to see them win the league, I am Liverpool fan, I am not patronising them. Clearly my team is not going to win the league, therefore I would rather see a team of hardworking underdogs win it as opposed to a team of multimillion pound egos ie Man City. Problem?

Billys Boots

Quote from: T Fearon on February 08, 2016, 06:23:53 PM
The unluckiest club of all not to win the league was QPR in 1976,they played some great football,from the opening day of the season beating Liverpool 2 nil at home,with skipper Gerry Francis outstanding and other great players like Bowles,Givens,Dave Thomas,Phil Parkes etc,but were pipped to the title by Liverpool winning at Wolves in the very last game,after Wolves had taken the lead too.

I remember that game in Molineux alright - my Da was listening to it on the radio.  I recall that Wolves were ahead until well into the second half, but Liverpool ran out 3-1 winners in the end. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

DennistheMenace

Quote from: supersub on February 09, 2016, 12:20:20 AM

Come on you Spurs!

That's one of the most idiotic statements I've ever read. I would love to see them win the league, I am Liverpool fan, I am not patronising them. Clearly my team is not going to win the league, therefore I would rather see a team of hardworking underdogs win it as opposed to a team of multimillion pound egos ie Man City. Problem?

Yeah it's all that hard work that has made the difference from near the bottom of the league to title contenders within a year.

Orior

Not far to go now.

Man Utd v Leicester   Sun 1 May   14:05   
Leicester v Everton   Sat 7 May   17:30   
Chelsea v Leicester   Sun 15 May   15:00   

Will a win against Everton be enough?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

maigheo

heganboy

Not sure why you would think any other teams fan supporting LC is patronising.

I think a lot of people want the underdog to win. Im not sure why, but im one of them. Plus spurs slipping up is kind of funny too, as well as really every single team in the premier league.  That LC have kept their heads when all around then are losing theirs is fantastic.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity