The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Denn Forever on December 13, 2017, 11:58:29 AM
Any word from the President yet?

Someone drafted a reasonably gracious tweet for him last night.

I suspect he really wants to start lashing out with voter fraud claims and so on though. The mood will not be good this morning!

screenexile

Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2017, 12:12:12 PM

I suspect he really wants to start lashing out with voter fraud claims and so on though. The mood will not be good this morning!

Moore still hasn't conceded yet and is going for a recount . . . no shame!!!

whitey

Quote from: Therealdonald on December 13, 2017, 04:59:59 AM
is it safe to assume that a lot of Americans are now realizing that maybe Hillary wasn't so bad after all????

Are you kidding

First of all can you imagine Bill as "first husband" living in the White House with all the sexual harrassment claims coming out

Secondly.....its looking very much like the FBI "investigation"of Hillary was seriously compromised....the investigator who essentially "exonerated" her found to be texting anti Trump messages during the investigation. 

Senior DOJ official who was recently stood down for secretly meeting with Fusion GPS.....his wife actually worked for Fusion GPS at the time of the infamous fake dossier

J70

Quote from: screenexile on December 13, 2017, 12:18:55 PM
Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2017, 12:12:12 PM

Moore still hasn't conceded yet and is going for a recount . . . no shame!!!
He'll concede today.

Or maybe not - he is from the conspiracy theorizing wing of the US right.

But the fact is unless he conjures up thousands of votes to close the gap, he is looking at a 1.5% losing margin. Which means HE has to pay for any recount. State-funded recount only kicks in for a margin of <0.5%.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2017, 12:26:22 PMAre you kidding

First of all can you imagine Bill as "first husband" living in the White House with all the sexual harrassment claims coming out

Secondly.....its looking very much like the FBI "investigation"of Hillary was seriously compromised....the investigator who essentially "exonerated" her found to be texting anti Trump messages during the investigation. 

Senior DOJ official who was recently stood down for secretly meeting with Fusion GPS.....his wife actually worked for Fusion GPS at the time of the infamous fake dossier

Someone has been on a steady diet of Hannity and Fox and Friends yesterday and today

One for Syf  - https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/theyre-not-gonna-keep-em-off-the-field-tonight-1821243563

sid waddell

Over 48% of Alabama voters knowingly voted for a child molester. The president of the USA, a serial sexual abuser himself, went all in backing that same child molester.

But that's where the Republican party and its supporters are at these days.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: theskull1 on December 13, 2017, 02:06:59 AM
I know how he could write it

He read the detail on the definition of the word. Thats what the literature says ffs.
Sexual predator? Appears to be
Child abuser? Looks like it
Evil sc**bag? Indeed
Paedophile? Not by the definition of the term

I believe the more correct term would be "ephebophile"

heganboy

Quote from: whitey on December 13, 2017, 12:26:22 PM
Quote from: Therealdonald on December 13, 2017, 04:59:59 AM
is it safe to assume that a lot of Americans are now realizing that maybe Hillary wasn't so bad after all????

Are you kidding

1. Whitey is right first man bill would have had to face the music
2. The investigator said the idea of a trump presidency was terrifying. I'd say that was accurate and prescient.
3. That dossier keeps getting attention, why the GOP and Donald Spurs keep calling more attention to Fusion GPS is beyond me. Oh look a bird....
Fake news
Gina
Vote for predators...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

Syferus

Who was it that claimed Alabama would never vote Democrat?

Lol.

J70

I stand corrected.

Trump is going the "it's all about me and not my fault that Moore, who I always said was a loser, didn't win" route!  ;D

The reason I originally endorsed Luther Strange (and his numbers went up mightily), is that I said Roy Moore will not be able to win the General Election.  I was right! Roy worked hard but the deck was stacked against him

Yes Donald, deep red, redneck Alabama where a Dem hadn't won in 25 years was a stacked deck!  ;D ;D ;D

mrhardyannual

The establishment wing of the Republican party will be delighted with the result despite the tightening of the Senate majority.

Serious wrangling will be done to produce and pass a reconciled Tax Bill before Christmas.

Steve Bannon comes out worse than Trump from this debacle and he'll find it increasingly difficult to get populist, non-conformists on the slate for next year's Senate elections. With 25 Democrats and only 8 Republican seats up for election, the Republicans will be short odds to hold if not increase the Senate majority with middle of the road candidates.
Democrats haven't a viable candidate (as yet) to oppose Trump in 2020 and when they do they will need someone who can inspire both  black and hispanic voters that they are serious about reform (unlike Hillary , who took their votes for granted) while reaching out to the disillusioned white working/labouring class who swung hard to Trump.

Despite how much he is disliked the system favours Trump as the incumbent. If the Republicans can rein him in a little he will still be hard beaten.

Syferus

Quote from: mrhardyannual on December 13, 2017, 03:00:21 PM
The establishment wing of the Republican party will be delighted with the result despite the tightening of the Senate majority.

Serious wrangling will be done to produce and pass a reconciled Tax Bill before Christmas.

Steve Bannon comes out worse than Trump from this debacle and he'll find it increasingly difficult to get populist, non-conformists on the slate for next year's Senate elections. With 25 Democrats and only 8 Republican seats up for election, the Republicans will be short odds to hold if not increase the Senate majority with middle of the road candidates.
Democrats haven't a viable candidate (as yet) to oppose Trump in 2020 and when they do they will need someone who can inspire both  black and hispanic voters that they are serious about reform (unlike Hillary , who took their votes for granted) while reaching out to the disillusioned white working/labouring class who swung hard to Trump.

Despite how much he is disliked the system favours Trump as the incumbent. If the Republicans can rein him in a little he will still be hard beaten.

Trump will be the easiest incumbent to beat in living memory. If he even hangs on long enough to run for re-election.

heganboy

Syferus,
I wouldn't be so sure

There is a strong base there
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on December 13, 2017, 03:22:09 PM
Syferus,
I wouldn't be so sure

If the Dems rig their primary again they could easily be beaten like they were last year

One refreshing aspect of the AL election was that we saw some new faces get down to AL for the Democratic Party, in particular Corey Booker

Syferus

Quote from: heganboy on December 13, 2017, 03:22:09 PM
Syferus,
I wouldn't be so sure

There isn't a strong base. There's a segment of malcontents on the right, he doesn't even unite his side like any Republican or Democrat candidate needs to do to win. The reason he won last time was more to do with Hillary being equally divisive (itself a madness) than it had to do with any great sea change in US politics.

A safe pair of hands will be more than enough to do Trump in, and his supporters will go back to the margins and movements like the Tea Party.