Co. Board/Garvaghey/Harte etc (A thread for Thebigdog & southtyronegael)

Started by Snapchap, November 28, 2017, 09:53:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snapchap

Quote from: redhandefender on November 29, 2017, 12:30:45 PM
Well that's not fining a club, that's incentivising something, completely different.
lol, so if I was to take a ball of money right out of your pocket and tell you that if you want it back, you can go out and sell tickets to make the money back for yourself - that you wouldn't feel like you were being done, but rather that you have been "incentivised"? lol well, whatever way you want to look at it!!

southtyronegael

Club championship must be a serious money spinner if clubs only get 10%. Crowds seem to be gettin bigger this last few years. Anyone got any figures on what they bring in?

redhandefender

Quote from: Snapchap on November 29, 2017, 12:33:54 PM
Well that's not fining a club, that's incentivising something, completely different.
lol, so if I was to take a ball of money right out of your pocket and tell you that if you want it back, you can go out and sell tickets to make the money back for yourself - that you wouldn't feel like you were being done, but rather that you have been "incentivised"? lol well, whatever way you want to look at it!!

That is completely different. The "ball of money" out of my pocket is paying into the county GAA. I understand some people don't agree with that and want rid of any money going from club to county but on mass people buy in to the county as well as club. If you are going to use a metaphor, use one that makes sense.

square_ball

I think this is a very strange move by the county board to take. Completely unfair to have clubs sell tickets on their behalf. What about the small clubs or any club for that matter who struggle to raise funds. Aye they expected to cover raising money for the county board and then go back to the same people and look about more money for the running of their own club a few weeks later? And if they don't they'll be hit in the pocket anyway? I'm surprised the clubs are kicking up a stink about this.

Snapchap

Quote from: redhandefender on November 29, 2017, 02:37:03 PM
Quote from: Snapchap on November 29, 2017, 12:33:54 PM

That is completely different. The "ball of money" out of my pocket is paying into the county GAA. I understand some people don't agree with that and want rid of any money going from club to county but on mass people buy in to the county as well as club. If you are going to use a metaphor, use one that makes sense.

Maybe I'm being naive here, but I think that most club volunteers and supporters (and certainly those who would be expected to go out and sell tickets) are infinitely more interested in their own club's welfare than the county's. If you think the county board taking a ball of your clubs money and forcing them to sell tickets to earn it back is fine, then like I say, that's your perspective. It certainly wouldn't be mine.

square_ball

Does anyone know what the club fees are for the coming year?

youhavenofans

Hearing from Garvaghy that all clubs agreed at the last CCC meeting to extend their un14s, un16s and un18s to include players from the same school year i.e. birthdays will now come into effect on 1st of July and not previous 1st of January

youhavenofans

Quote from: youhavenofans on November 29, 2017, 03:14:39 PM
Hearing from Garvaghy that all clubs agreed at the last CCC meeting to extend their un14s, un16s and un18s to include players from the same school year i.e. birthdays will now come into effect on 1st of July and not previous 1st of January

Sorry already being covered in another thread  :-X

Therealdonald

Garvaghey and everything to do with it at the minute is a complete shambles. Very few things have went right this year. We have all the issues going on at the minute, add to that then the sponsorship saga, Peter Donnelly saga, RTE, and let's not forget about the feile incident at the beginning of the year when Garvaghey couldn't be opened to accommodate the u14s...heaven forbid Gary Glitter had been hiding behind a windmill that night or he would have had a field day.

The Trap

Snapchat hopefully this thread doesn't descend to the same level as the other thread. Good debate on here and no character assasinations yet!

tothetop03

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 29, 2017, 04:03:59 PM
Garvaghey and everything to do with it at the minute is a complete shambles. Very few things have went right this year. We have all the issues going on at the minute, add to that then the sponsorship saga, Peter Donnelly saga, RTE, and let's not forget about the feile incident at the beginning of the year when Garvaghey couldn't be opened to accommodate the u14s...heaven forbid Gary Glitter had been hiding behind a windmill that night or he would have had a field day.

add to that the way Mickeys new contract was sorted as well..

Therealdonald

Is there any provisions for clubs and Garvaghey? Say for example if you pay these tickets, there is 10 free uses of Garvaghey at available times? Because I honestly don't see why clubs should have to fork out for this. Most clubs, certainly in Div 1 have sufficient facilities to accommodate their county players and their gym programmes. Its a big windy hole, handy to too many people (not naming names). Clubs should refuse to fork out, pay same affilliation fees as before, but all clubs would need to buy in and there's always them scab clubs that would go against the grain and be yes-voters.

longballin

it's a disgrace as well how females are treated... U14 and minor development trials on day facilities weren't being used £700... different organisation they say but weren't behind the door using the Ladies teams images when looking funding everywhere in the first place.

Therealdonald

Quote from: longballin on November 29, 2017, 04:35:02 PM
it's a disgrace as well how females are treated... U14 and minor development trials on day facilities weren't being used £700... different organisation they say but weren't behind the door using the Ladies teams images when looking funding everywhere in the first place.

Ah but sure they've reached an agreement with the ladies...is that not the reason for the new kitchen??

longballin

Quote from: Therealdonald on November 29, 2017, 04:45:02 PM
Quote from: longballin on November 29, 2017, 04:35:02 PM

Ah but sure they've reached an agreement with the ladies...is that not the reason for the new kitchen??

says a lot for your attitude to the women in your house... Mammy's boy getting ure dinner cooked and clothes washed