Mayo manager resigns - for defo.

Started by moysider, August 27, 2018, 12:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moysider

Quote from: Orchard park on August 30, 2018, 11:18:53 PM
Are the ballina brothers in law still persona non grata

Not sure they were ever persona non grata per se.

Jinxy

And they say Latin is a dead language.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Gael85

Quote from: LooseCannon on August 30, 2018, 09:47:34 PM
Colm Nally, you've heard it here first.
Former Louth Keeper over Castleknock this year.

Castleknock were relegated from Division one Tuesday night though think they have qualified for Quarter Final of championship.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 30, 2018, 11:10:00 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on August 30, 2018, 11:05:25 PM
I'm gobsmacked , can't believe they didn't have something middlen concrete lined up .  How can they be that stupid , these are all grown men of sound intelligence . Beggers belief , was trying to even fight their corner a little as I thought rochford acted up a bit by what I seen as a refusal to show his future plans to executive.

I was told it was horans and he was up for it , that was obviously a pack of lies.

We are the laughing stock now that's for sure .

My thoughts exactly😮.....Why force Rochford out if no one lined up??? I was told mcguinness but that dosent seem to be happening...Our county board are beyond a joke this is an absolute farce

Plus ça change and all that.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

rosnarun

Quote from: mayoman dan on August 30, 2018, 11:10:00 PM
I'm gobsmacked , can't believe they didn't have something middlen concrete lined up .  How can they be that stupid , these are all grown men of sound intelligence . Beggers belief , was trying to even fight their corner a little as I thought rochford acted up a bit by what I seen as a refusal to show his future plans to executive.

I was told it was horans and he was up for it , that was obviously a pack of lies.

My thoughts exactly😮.....Why force Rochford out if no one lined up??? I was told mcguinness but that dosent seem to be happening...Our county board are beyond a joke this is an absolute farce

I don't think they thight they were getting Rid of Rochford more asserting the own kingdom,
I think when the chairmans  brother was forced out, he said no one would walk over him again . so there could be a bot of payback going on.
as for the brothers I think the main man considers the county board  Persona non grata and would need to see big changes before he'd consider it (famous last words)

If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Rossfan

So McGuinness definitely out while Horan is sounding a bit "wriggle roomy"??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

kerryforsam2018

Quote from: Maroon Manc on August 30, 2018, 06:57:30 PM
Horan always seems to get a free ride from many Mayo fans, he made several big mistakes too mainly the lack of dealing with Donaghy which cost Mayo an All Ireland in 2014. He might have won 4 Connacht titles in a row but he was up against one of the most ill prepared and rudderless Galways teams in a long time whilst Roscommon weren't much better yet still managed to run Mayo close twice during that time and think Sligo weren't too far away in the Connacht Final in either 11 or 12. I'm not knocking him, he's clearly a good manager but he missed huge opportunities when the Dubs were their for the taking in 13 and in 14 when Mayo were a better side than Kerry and had the game won the first day.

I can see from the Mayo posters on here some think there's another year left in them whilst others think that ship has sailed. Given all the soundbites from the county board about money problems about then Horan's comments in the paper today I can't imagine appointing Horan is going to be a smooth process, could go on for ages as I'm sure the coaches he'll want with him won't come cheaply.

If Horan doesn't want it this time round there's always next time and given the age profile of the panel and a few other issues with the County Board you can't blame him if he decides to wait.

What happened with Richard Feeney in 2013 final? Big mistake not bringing him in that day.

Lar Naparka

I wouldn't jump to many, if any, conclusions right now about what the board is up to.
"These are all grown men of sound intelligence," as Larry puts it and he may well be right.
Personally, when you look at the shenanigans we had before Rochford got the gig, I'd be inclined to doubt it.
There is no need to rush and the board is no obliged to give a running commentary on what's going on behind (their) closed doors.
I'd be shocked if they are all waiting around, sitting on their hands and waiting someone to come calling. It's probable that they have more than one man in mind are are playing one off against another. Things like expenses, backroom staff, terms of duties and responsibilities and so on have to be discussed and there's an awful lot of negotiating to be done before there there is anyone selected.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

galwayman

Will be surprised if it's not Horan tbh.

trileacman

County board have 6-8 weeks before they need to panic about appointing a manager. The hubris about having no-one lined up is horseshit, Mayo have about 5 months to their next match of any meaning. No point rushing in and appointing a bollix just to say you've got someone.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

criostlinn

Maybe time for Mike Connelly to step forward and finally take back full control for the county board by announcing himself as the next Mayo manager. He definitely seems to have all the answers when pontificating to the delegates at the Co Board meetings

Horan was probably always going to rule himself out when asked so soon after Rochfords departure. He says the environment isn't right at the moment but who's to say it wont be better in a few weeks time. I seem to remember Pat Holmes ruling himself out in 2015 but when the Co. Board want their man they will move mountains to get him whoever that may be.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: trileacman on August 31, 2018, 12:20:23 PM
County board have 6-8 weeks before they need to panic about appointing a manager. The hubris about having no-one lined up is horseshit, Mayo have about 5 months to their next match of any meaning. No point rushing in and appointing a bollix just to say you've got someone.

Longer than that i can imagine as it was November 30th when Rochford was appointed and he didn't put his management team together until the first few weeks of December. Which all makes the deadline put on Rochford last week very odd.

mayoman dan

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 31, 2018, 03:31:18 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 31, 2018, 12:20:23 PM

Longer than that i can imagine as it was November 30th when Rochford was appointed and he didn't put his management team together until the first few weeks of December. Which all makes the deadline put on Rochford last week very odd.

They wanted him gone.It was a stitch up.Why they wanted him gone with no one lined up is anyones guess

trileacman

There's a bizarre conflict in the Mayo opinion here that seems to be along the lines of "we didn't rate Rochford at all but we didn't want rid of him either".
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

screenexile

Quote from: trileacman on August 31, 2018, 04:18:09 PM
There's a bizarre conflict in the Mayo opinion here that seems to be along the lines of "we didn't rate Rochford at all but we didn't want rid of him either".

I think you've literally just summed up Mayo in once sentence. . . fair play!!