2019 All Ireland Football Qualifiers

Started by Don Draper, June 11, 2019, 02:38:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrimtain

Mayo4Sam

I'll be having a few quid on Offaly, have been following them since Maughan took over, they were exceptionally unlucky in the league, Louth, Westmeath, Longford could all have been bet and promotion secured
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Don Draper

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on June 27, 2019, 08:10:45 AM
I'll be having a few quid on Offaly, have been following them since Maughan took over, they were exceptionally unlucky in the league, Louth, Westmeath, Longford could all have been bet and promotion secured
They'll be unlucky Saturday too.

High Fielder

A poster called Mayo4Sam telling us who they are going to back at the weekend. What more can you say really?

Tony

Quote from: High Fielder on June 27, 2019, 09:03:26 AM
A poster called Mayo4Sam telling us who they are going to back at the weekend. What more can you say really?
HAHAHA  ;D ;D ;D . Sharp man is the High Fielder  ;D ;D ;D

Chrimtain

While you are at it John, put a few quid on Armagh.

GAA-SMART

Ill give you 5/1 Min bet €1000

You can nearly name your price, Laois will not lose this game. Offaly can be happy with their year and might be a good force in Division 3 next year and draw dependent win a game or two in leinster. Laois are just that bit further down the road with Sugrue. Maughan is not the second coming of Christ or the 3rd coming from a Mayo perspective. Laois had their poor performance against Meath, Re Grouped for Derry and will be 100% up for this Saturday. It might be tight but Laois will win it and win it by 4 or more by the end.

Nameless

I'm very worried about this game. There's an air of complacency around the county and sometimes that can seep into the players' psyche. People are already eyeing up who we will get in the 4th round. Hopefully, the squad haven't been listening too much to this. Offaly should have beaten Meath in Meath. Yes, they've had 2 easy games leading into this but their confidence is growing and they'll be up for this. If we're not at the right intensity level for this we will lose.

Unlaoised

The players won't be taking Offaly lightly they relegated us two years ago and there was only 3 points in it in the league .

We certainly won't fear them .

Dillion and Attride will need to be back to good form to deal with their danger men.

Begley being fit could be a boost but a place on the bench will be all for him I'd say.

Not sure who was the player injured at the end of the Derry game I can't remember hopefully he can recover but a week is a short time.

Offaly have had a very easy path to get here and Laois are a step up. People say they were unlucky in the league but they kept throwing away leads which is not a good sign.

LAOIS have had 3 bad performances this year ...all in croker ..

Mullingar is mullingarwe just don't kick up there .

Portlaoise will suit us and I think We will get over the line.

It won't be easy but just like playing a Carlow  we know how to the better of Offaly in championship football
LAOIS ABÚ

Don Draper

Quote from: Nameless on June 27, 2019, 10:49:42 AM
I'm very worried about this game. There's an air of complacency around the county and sometimes that can seep into the players' psyche. People are already eyeing up who we will get in the 4th round. Hopefully, the squad haven't been listening too much to this. Offaly should have beaten Meath in Meath. Yes, they've had 2 easy games leading into this but their confidence is growing and they'll be up for this. If we're not at the right intensity level for this we will lose.
There's a good scatter of Port men on the panel, and enough who know the score from previous years against them, most notably the relegation game in Tullamore not so long ago. Complacency will not be an issue. FFS we even have a Kerry man involved who will know all about taking an Offaly side lightly.

portlaoisekid

Laois are in no position to take anyone lightly but that doesn't mean we cant believe in our own abilities and know if we play to our potential we will beat Offaly no matter how they play.

Nothing wrong with confidence. Laois by 4

Tony

I've no issue with realistic confidence but when lads say "Ill give you 5/1 Min bet €1000. You can nearly name your price, Laois will not lose this game." ...

It's just asking for trouble really. I'm confident Laois will win but it'll be tight. Offaly are no mugs either. They've a decent manager and a good, strong, speedy team. Speaking of teams, it should be named today. Really hoping Scully and Begley start.

Unlaoised

Offalywill bring a big support Saturday I hope we have a big support too with so many heading Sunday
LAOIS ABÚ

Unlaoised

My team would be

Brody

Attride
Booth
Dillion

O Flynn
Pigot
Byrne

Lillis
Johno