CPA (Club Players Association)

Started by ck, October 18, 2016, 12:02:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Very good discussion with Anthony Moyles on Newstalk now.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Wexford county board officially recognise CPA by including a rep on their fixtures review group.
No doubt Liam Griffin's involvement helps.

https://twitter.com/JohnFogartyIrl/status/829001442627293186

Captain Scarlet

All this CPA/ GPA or whatever. It all ends in what the county manager says. And the worst thing is, even if they say in public players will be released for 6 club games, in reality there is another in-house agreement that they won't play.
In reality there are county men who play around 8 games for their club all year, and even if there is a revamp of fixtures the county manager will come up with some way of holding his lads as he wants to hold his job.
So if you have a club with a good few lads they struggle through the league and then there might be one Round 1 championship match in April/ May before they are back in the county.
They get to train with a new manager in some cases for a grand total of two nights before club championship match and then straight into action.
It gets worse when it's county bench-warmers who won't get any real action who are still not allowed line out for their clubs.
Monaghan seem to have a good set-up in terms of allowing their county men to play. I just don't see how training so much and playing conditioned challenge games is as good as real club action where the county man is double-marked and is there to be stopped unless they can perform.
There is no incentive in many counties to play good, bad or indifferent for your club as the county panel keeps getting the same faces back and a few new one from underage squads. You see good club men getting the better of county men these days and it's no big deal, one won't get dropped and the other won't get called up.
I think the CPA are a good way to get started but they should bite the bullet and call out county set-ups and bosses who have absolute power. They will not work with them anyway so call them out.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

RedHandTom

If there wasn't so much incompetence at admin level then the CPA would never have arisen.

yellowcard

http://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/support-growing-for-round-robin-addition-to-allireland-championships-35441853.html

Id be getting worried that these proposals are going to get through congress despite the pleas of the CPA for a postponement of the motion. It sounds like Duffy is actively canvassing counties for their support and if this is true, then it is shameful. He has a vested interest in getting the motion through since it is effectively his brainchild when he should be adapting a neutral position. Decisions taken by administators who generally speaking are not involved in teams at ground level. The decisions therefore do not adversely affect them whilst the players suffer and participation levels decrease due to disillusionment with a catastrophic fixture list. If the motion gets through, that will be the issue fudged completely and the GAA's way of saying they have tidied up fixtures. Meanwhile the distance between the elite counties and the rest will get bigger and bigger. There is no perfect solution but there are better alternatives than this.   

Jinxy

Loads of club players up in arms today over the Super 8 vote.
I'm sorry but if you couldn't be bothered taking 30 seconds to register with the CPA, shut your beak.
Imagine if their mandate had been backed by 100,000 registered members instead of 20,000.
Would they still have been denied the right to speak?

Jinxy

Motion to recognise CPA withdrawn.

longballin

Quote from: Jinxy on February 25, 2017, 01:41:42 PM
I'm sorry but if you couldn't be bothered taking 30 seconds to register with the CPA, shut your beak.
Imagine if their mandate had been backed by 100,000 registered members instead of 20,000.

Yes.

RedHandTom

Quote from: longballin on February 25, 2017, 03:37:41 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 25, 2017, 01:41:42 PM

Yes.

Why didn't the CPA seek to get some of their membership in as county delegates today? That way they could have had their say and sell their ideas. At the moment they are on the outside shouting in which is no use to anyone. They need to be smarter and get in to the inside

east down gael

How do the CPA speak for all its members?i'm all for the organisation,but how do they know the majority of its members are against the 'super 8'?all you do is sign up to it.this organisation in my opinion cannot work,it is far too broad a church.

rrhf

How many gaa members has the cpa.
How many gaa members has the GPA.
Both apparently shafted. There could be mergence here at some point and an attempt to take back the gaa for all the players.

Rossfan

Ye were delighted last year when the GPA proposal for the Championship wasn't even put to Congress!
Now it's a disgrace that the GAA brings in a new system because the 2 players groups said they didn't like it.
Neither group had any proposal of their own.
76% of the Supreme rule making body voted for the new system.

By the way I was and still am against the Super 8s  but it's in now so up to its opponents to come up with a better proposal by Congress 2020.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Esmarelda

rosnarun

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 25, 2017, 02:36:16 PM
New proposals released

https://gaaclubplayers.com/

I think they have shown themselves what a difficult job it is to decide new structure as they can even decide themselves on what to propose . so none of their plans the obvious long term fix .back to the drawing board select on plan and  lobby for that. and less of the squealing abount nobody listen to when what your saying is so muddied
as i said on one thread yesterday i have never met 2 people who have identical plans
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Captain Scarlet

Exactly! There is no way they can speak for such a huge number and hold a united front.
I am not sure who is advising them in terms of media but come up with one master plan, not three options. No radio show, podcast or article has time to delve into all of them.
Also and being slightly nit picky here but when you open the doc the format isn't set right without having to rotate it. That sounds like me an awful tool but if you want to get the message out present things a bit better.

The CPA need an active member in every club and have them sent a monthly agenda that the club man will raise in his or her club meeting and will then in turn be raised at the county board meeting. 
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.