Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: leaveherinsir on March 20, 2011, 09:02:55 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 19, 2011, 01:45:46 PM
You can treat it with a foam roller though a physio is obviously a better bet. Have you had it treated? Even with new trainers it still won't go away if you haven't had it treated.

It's generally caused through over pronation. If it's still bad with new trainers then orthotics would be an option. It also happened me when I first started running however I've got over it now.

Goo luck in Larne LHIS. I know a good few ones doing it - always a good race.
You were right enough, good run, i struggled on the way home tho, last 3 miles was one foot after the other stuff  :(. Really wanted to run under 1hr 40mins and missed it by 23 seconds. Sore as bejaysus this morning too!

why, what way do you normally run !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

leaveherinsir

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on March 20, 2011, 09:21:39 AM
You can treat it with a foam roller though a physio is obviously a better bet. Have you had it treated? Even with new trainers it still won't go away if you haven't had it treated.

It's generally caused through over pronation. If it's still bad with new trainers then orthotics would be an option. It also happened me when I first started running however I've got over it now.

You were right enough, good run, i struggled on the way home tho, last 3 miles was one foot after the other stuff  :(. Really wanted to run under 1hr 40mins and missed it by 23 seconds. Sore as bejaysus this morning too!

A turn of phrase, but you know what i mean, cheeky fecker!! You doing this big run in Bellaghy thats coming up soon, seein as you are obviously an expert!!  ;)

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: leaveherinsir on March 20, 2011, 09:29:40 AM

A turn of phrase, but you know what i mean, cheeky fecker!! You doing this big run in Bellaghy thats coming up soon, seein as you are obviously an expert!!  ;)

for anyone who knows me,an expert in running wouldnt be the 1st thing that comes to mind when you see me  :D

Im in Cardiff for the Heineken Cup Final that weekend anyway, but 9 or 10 mile would be too much for me. I will stick to the fantasy rugby ;D

imtommygunn

Was there not a 10k in Bellaghy the other weekend there? Or is the Ronan Rocks one a different one altogether?

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 20, 2011, 02:01:04 PM

Was there not a 10k in Bellaghy the other weekend there? Or is the Ronan Rocks one a different one altogether?

it's a different one, this isnt a 10 K, nor  a half marathon, it's somewhere in between, 9 mile or so.

isourboydownyet

ronans charity race is 15k on the 21st of may i think

JimStynes

Done a 5 mile charity run yesterday. I can't understand why people would want to do a marathon! 5 mile is enough for me. It wasn't hard or anything, just extremely boring. I couldn't imagine having to run for 25 mile or so. I think i will take up the cycling, much more enjoyable.

Orior

I did 30 mile cycle yesterday and overtook a load of Santa Claus's (not sure of the plural) on the Comber Greenway.

It's not often I get to overtake other cyclists, so that was fun, but I've no idea why they were all dressed up as Santa Claus.

I thought about knocking a few over so I could stop and ask but then I thought Christmas aint that far away and I'd better watch out, I'd better not cry, I'd better behave, I'm telling you why, Santa Claus is coming to town.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Norf Tyrone

Are there any watches that will track your distance and pace without having to remortgage the house?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Orior

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 28, 2011, 05:16:05 PM
Are there any watches that will track your distance and pace without having to remortgage the house?

A cheap Casio watch plus this http://www.mapmyrun.com/.

Alternatively measure out a couple of runs in your Dad's car (including the halfway point), then concentrate on:
1) improving the time for each run
2) running the second half quicker than the first half

Bingo

Quote from: Orior on March 28, 2011, 05:25:09 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 28, 2011, 05:16:05 PM

A cheap Casio watch plus this http://www.mapmyrun.com/.

Alternatively measure out a couple of runs in your Dad's car (including the halfway point), then concentrate on:
1) improving the time for each run
2) running the second half quicker than the first half

???

Orior

Or your sisters. Why waste your own petrol?

mylestheslasher

Thinking of getting back into a bit of road running but at the moment dont have the right footwear. Any hints on what to get, not as young as I used to be so trying to protect the old joints.

Minder

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 28, 2011, 10:08:41 PM
Thinking of getting back into a bit of road running but at the moment dont have the right footwear. Any hints on what to get, not as young as I used to be so trying to protect the old joints.

You can't go far wrong with a decent pair of Asics.

This is a good site and they always have some sort of sale on.

http://www.prodirectrunning.com/
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

imtommygunn

Try one of these three places as they're usually best...

http://sweatshop.co.uk/
http://startfitness.co.uk/
http://www.sportsdirect.com/

Asics I usually go for. Check out whether you're neutral or not too. Asics cumulus for neutral or GT21XX if you pronate.