The Official THFC thread

Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 03, 2008, 11:28:39 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on February 03, 2008, 11:00:40 AM
93rd minute? Jaysus Its rarely that you will find a premier league game with less that 3 minutes injury time.

Big deal.

I remember cheering on Sheffield Wednesday against united when Steve Bruce scored a 97th minute winner!!

Had he not equalised in injury time to?

Was either the last minute or the start of injury time.

Them were the glory days for the Owls!
Ask me holy bollix

Over the Bar

You cannot complain when your opponents play to the whistle and you do not.  If you want to blame anyone, try looking at the irish excuse for a striker who always bottles it in the big games. 

No good scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder when you fluff it when given the opportunity to win a game agaisnt the big 3.   

Thnak god fergie had the good sense to pass on him when offered by wolves.

ExiledGael

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 03, 2008, 11:33:47 AM
Quote from: Chrisowc on February 03, 2008, 11:28:39 AM
Quote from: his holiness nb on February 03, 2008, 11:00:40 AM
93rd minute? Jaysus Its rarely that you will find a premier league game with less that 3 minutes injury time.

Big deal.

I remember cheering on Sheffield Wednesday against united when Steve Bruce scored a 97th minute winner!!

Had he not equalised in injury time to?

Was either the last minute or the start of injury time.

Them were the glory days for the Owls!

Referee got injured that day.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Over the Bar on February 03, 2008, 04:23:29 PM
You cannot complain when your opponents play to the whistle and you do not.  If you want to blame anyone, try looking at the irish excuse for a striker who always bottles it in the big games. 

No good scoring hat-tricks against cannon fodder when you fluff it when given the opportunity to win a game agaisnt the big 3.   

Thnak god fergie had the good sense to pass on him when offered by wolves.

If it means that much you could have at least used a capital G  ;D
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Solomon Kane

The Sunday Times summed it up perfectly today - Tevez Spares United's Blushes".

under the bar

QuoteThe Sunday Times summed it up perfectly today - Tevez Spares United's Blushes.

Absolute crap.  What shame would there be for United or anyone else getting beat 1-0 at WHL by a Spurs team on top of their game and playing their best football for 20 years?  That headline is what you'd expect if United rescued a point at Derby or Sunderland and is an insult to Ramos.

EC Unique

You are a bad looser Ferron :D :D A sign of a good team when they never say die and claim a point at that stage of the game. ;)

Owenmoresider

I see the mods are doing their work well anyway.

Bale's out for the rest of the season, see below:

Gareth Bale has had his cast removed today as he continues his recovery from a sprained ligament in his right foot.

The 18-year-old suffered the injury in our Premier League match against Birmingham City in December and although the Wales international is making good progress he is expected to be out for the remainder of the campaign.

"Gareth's injury was reviewed today and although the surgeon was happy with the results of the X-rays he does not anticipate Gareth being able to play any further part in this season," said Sporting Director Damien Comolli.

"We are all disappointed for Gareth, but he is still very young and his long-term fitness is our priority."

An Fear Rua

how apt.....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/7244228.stm

Spurs team 'to lose' more weight

The Tottenham squad are still trying to lose weight after they were found to be 100kgs too heavy when Juande Ramos took over as manager in October. Spurs fitness coach Marcos Alvarez told Spanish radio station Cadena SER: "Taking into account the players' size, the team was basically 100kg over.

"We realised straight away that the team was carrying excess baggage.

"They have now lost between 40 and 50kg. Getting the rest off is the most difficult part."

When Ramos joined Tottenham in October the club were in the relegation zone but have moved up to 11th in the Premier League.

They are also pursuing silverware on two fronts.

They play Slavia Prague in the Uefa Cup on Thursday and have also reached the Carling Cup final where they play Chelsea on 24 February.

Alvarez, who moved to England as part of Ramos's backroom staff, added that he instigated a fitness programme immediately upon his arrival at the club.

"I immediately talked to Tottenham and we set the wheels in motion to change things," he added. "We have turned a lot of fat into muscle."

Ramos has won the Uefa Cup for the last two seasons, both victories coming with former club Sevilla.

Its Grim up North

full back

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

Owenmoresider

Think I'm not too bad myself, can't speak for others. That situation had to be sorted out really.

Good result tonight - save for Cerny's blunder, would be very comfortable only for that, could easily have given away a second towards the end. Still a win's a win.

T Fearon

Great result last night for the planet's 11th richest club ( glad I didn't waste my money on that share investment ;D). The Robster must be a serious contender for Footballer of the Year and is there a better striking partnership in Europe than himself and Berbatov?

PS Stepping up the hunt for a ticket for Sunday week, moving into high political circles in my attempts

ONeill

Slavia must be glad to have found their level after their 7-0 thrashing at Arsenal, 5th richest club in the world, in the Champions' League.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.