Quote from: ciaran1988 on October 04, 2018, 04:19:13 PM
Weekend predictions. Let's hear yours

St Galls v Cargin - St Galls by 2
Creggan v St Johns - Creggan by 2
Gort Na Mona v Ballymena - Gorts by 3
St Endas v Moneyglass - St Endas by 5

Wouldn't disagree with that.

imtommygunn

Not sure creggan will beat st johns. Be nice to see them in a final for a change though.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: breakingball on October 05, 2018, 11:36:41 PM
Quote from: ciaran1988 on October 04, 2018, 04:19:13 PM
Weekend predictions. Let's hear yours

St Galls v Cargin - St Galls by 2
Creggan v St Johns - Creggan by 2
Gort Na Mona v Ballymena - Gorts by 3
St Endas v Moneyglass - St Endas by 5

Wouldn't disagree with that.
St Johns a better championship team than Creggan so fancy them. Cargin, if not carrying any injuries, will be better prepared than St Galls for a semi final after the 2 games against LD. Both matches very even though - great to see. Gorts just and St Enda's comfortably as I've seen them in Div 1 a few times this year - very fit and committed

Hectic

Quote from: farset on October 06, 2018, 09:09:19 AM
Fancy Gort na Mona today v Ballymena. Dont think you all gave them enough credit getting to where they are and how well they seem to have done this year instead lamenting Dunloy.

St Galls have been solid this year. Should be a cracker today between themselves and Cargin. Love watching Mick McCann play. Worth the entry fee alone but think St Galls will pip it.

Fancy the Johnnies. Creggan can't seem to get their Championship monkey off their backs.

Match tomorrow Moneyglass and St Endas. I hope Moneyglass beat them. St Endas taking the easy option playing Intermediate while playing Division 1. They should win the whole thing but cheating themselves in my opinion.

Seen that Tipperary were doing this £20 ticket to watch all championship games at a weekend. We could definitely take a leaf from that book instead of what we currently have.

We could take a leaf out of most counties books. Guys who organise our games have been making a balls of it for a while now. Totally lacking any sort of foresight. Just look at how long it took them to fix this weekends games then no sooner had they them fixed they started chopping and changing again. The St Galls debacle is typical of the usual incompetence on show. And I reckon when U21 gets going we will see other clubs having to make calls as to where they field their strongest teams. In a county this size surely we can find a couple of capable administrators?

Hectic

I can only see one clear favourite in this weekends games and that is St Endas based on a solid season in Div 1.

Any of the 4 semi finalists at Senior could be county champions IMO. Creggan perhaps are the one team that need to take the biggest step but they are capable if they get the mental side of it right. Still I am predicting an all city affair in the final.

At intermediate Ballymena have the players to cause an upset if it clicks. GNM a very well drilled side with a couple of excellent forwards so will take a bit of beating. Still I am going to predict Ballymena to cause an upset and set up a decider with St Endas.

Junior final another very difficult game to call but Lisburn ran a very good Sarsfields very close last year and will not want to leave empty handed two years running. Last years experience may well be the difference.

country bumpkin

Cuchullian's 2-07
St Brigid's 0-11

What odds a country minor final.....JS..?

Hectic

No upset from Ballymena. Missing a couple of key players did not help.

stiffler

Cargin goal last kick to win by 1.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Minder

Cargin 21yd free to win with last kick
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Newbridge Exile

paddyjohn

Quote from: Hectic on October 06, 2018, 03:39:22 PM
Who were they missing?

Hectic

Quote from: farset on October 06, 2018, 06:57:00 PM
Again. Give the Gorts a bit of credit lol. It wont kill you.

Haha Im on the wind after the Dinloy comment. GNM the well drilled and skilful team I said they were this morning. Ballymena missing a couple but what team ever gets to field what they would view as their strongest 15.

Hectic

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 06, 2018, 06:55:02 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 06, 2018, 03:39:22 PM
Who were they missing?

Pizza a big loss

country bumpkin

Quote from: hardstation on October 06, 2018, 05:44:17 PM
Are Cargin playing with a keeper?
Giving themselves an uphill battle.

Is there any other way HS......Cargin are well used to uphill battles.....

Spike

What a game in creggan tonight. Privilege to see the old foes clashing. The auld hands are still the best players in the county. Cargins dodgey defence allied with a superb niblock and a relentless cargin gave a wonderful spectacle.