Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rashCharacter

I'd say the delay is in sorting something out for St Johns, they are due to play the hurling replay as well this weekend.

Ernesto

I'm new to this. In the past I would have asked this question you've just posted of the Antrim County Web Discussion Board. I see it has gone.

It is crazy that we have two teams in a county final and we cannot make a decision or give information to the participants as to the fixture specifics, with somewhere between 4-6 days until the game (county fixtures states "5-7 Oct"). Date in itself would be a minimum, instead of this flowery three day window. Like it or not, players in this modern era may have to arrange a day off work, organise childcare and so on.

It highlights the ramshackle operation that is the current Antrim CCC, and the poor leadership under which it appears to be operated. There can be no excuse for lack of basic planning. We could learn from the organisers of the Antrim LGFA!

Hectic

St Johns will not be asked to play football and hurling the same weekend. Even at that how long does it take to come up with a decision and there are 3 other semi finals pencilled in for the weekend. Amateur in name and amateur in organisation.

Na Glinntí Glasa

i was told yday at the match that the hurling is set for next week in Dunloy. Not officially confirmed as of yet on the site but im taking that as gospel until someone says otherwise.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hoof Hearted

The tyrone semis  fixtures were on the website yesterday a couple of hours after the last 1/4 final had finished
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Hectic

Tyrone only amateur in name :)

country bumpkin

Quote from: Hectic on October 01, 2018, 02:14:53 PM
Cargin v Galls on Sat 4.30 6th Oct (Corrigan)

Creggan v St John's on Sunday 7th Oct at 4.30 (Glenavy

Hectic

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 01, 2018, 03:34:38 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 01, 2018, 02:14:53 PM
Cargin v Galls on Sat 4.30 6th Oct (Corrigan)

Creggan v St John's on Sunday 7th Oct at 4.30 (Glenavy

Good stuff.

ciaran1988

Is the Gort Na Mona vs Dunloy game still on tomorrow evening. Should be a good close game maybe see a Dunloy reaction to losing the hurling.

My prediction Dunloy by 2 points

Mickey Linden

belfastsaff

boyle sport - they have dunloy at 6/4. I don't think dunloy will be able to break down Gort can only see the hurling result affecting them negatively - However I could be wrong!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

hard to know how to call the nights game. Id say we will have a full compliment available now the hurling is over. Im quietly confident we can get a result this evening but under no illusions of how tight it will be.

please god no more rain or wind. lol got enough of that on sunday.
hurl like f**k boi!

belfastsaff

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 02, 2018, 11:23:42 AM
hard to know how to call the nights game. Id say we will have a full compliment available now the hurling is over. Im quietly confident we can get a result this evening but under no illusions of how tight it will be.

please god no more rain or wind. lol got enough of that on sunday.

Will the management start the hurlers who had a match on Sunday probably had a nights drinking and haven't played much football all year - over the committed footballers who played the majority of the league apart from the 4/5 games the hurlers were made available ? Depending on the team Dunloy put out will depend on the outcome of the game IMO.

saffron123

was told the likes of woody, nigel etc are not playing football this year! Could be wrong

imtommygunn

Late goal won it for gnm apparently. Wonder how late?