Connacht Minor, U-20 and Junior championships 2020

Started by Farrandeelin, April 25, 2018, 08:59:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: ballinaman on June 07, 2018, 02:54:37 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 07, 2018, 02:03:50 PM
Some good players out injured but as you can imagine with their pick from Connacht minor winning teams its a very strong Galway U20 team.

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)
2. Sean Fitzgerald (Barna)
3. Sean Mulkerrins (Oileain Arainn)
4. Conor Campbell (Claregalway)
5. Jack Glynn (Claregalway)
6. Ryan Forde (Annaghdown)
7. Colin Murray (Mountbellew Moylough)
8. Cein Darcy (Caherlistrane)
9. John Daly (Mountbellew Moylough)
10. Darragh Silke (Corofin)
11. Lorcan Molloy (Menlough)
12. Finian O'Laoi (An Spideal)
13. Rob Finnerty (Salthill Knocknacarra)
14. Liam Costello (Milltown)
15. Dessie Conneely (Moycullen)
Strong midfield !
Few stronger midfield pairings at U20 level this year.

galwayman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 07, 2018, 03:01:19 PM
Some good players out injured but as you can imagine with their pick from Connacht minor winning teams its a very strong Galway U20 team.

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)
Strong midfield !
Ryan Forde centre back is a strange one.
Would be more noted as a forward.
A very pacey player.
John Daly has been injury plagued over the past number of years. Hopefully he gets an injury free run at it.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on June 07, 2018, 03:22:24 PM

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)
Strong midfield !
A very pacey player.
John Daly has been injury plagued over the past number of years. Hopefully he gets an injury free run at it.

I think Ernan McDonagh (Like Evan Murphy) is injured otherwise he'd be at centre-back. Forde more known as a forward I think alright. They could have played Mulkerrin at centre-back as he plays for the club there but he's pretty much been full-back all through the age grades for Galway.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 06, 2018, 08:48:11 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on June 06, 2018, 04:41:54 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on June 06, 2018, 11:30:52 AM
U20 semi finals on Saturday next
Rhubarbs v Laythrum 1.30 in Castlebar
Herrins v Ros 4pm in Tuam.
I presume the staggered times is to allow JP and McGovern to attend both?
Hard to see anything other than victories for Galway and Mayowestros.
Is there a need to host the game there? surely a smaller ground in Mayo would take whatever crowd turns up and maybe play it closer to Leitrim.

Now that's not going to help with paying off the loan is it? Same sh*te with games at the latter end of the county championship, a few thousand rattling around in there and no atmosphere   >:(
Agreed, the obsession with putting every possible games into the county ground like McHale or Markievicz is ridiculous. Plenty of other decent venues in most counties capable of hosting such ties.

Manning18

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 07, 2018, 04:03:50 PM

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)
Strong midfield !
A very pacey player.

I think Ernan McDonagh (Like Evan Murphy) is injured otherwise he'd be at centre-back. Forde more known as a forward I think alright. They could have played Mulkerrin at centre-back as he plays for the club there but he's pretty much been full-back all through the age grades for Galway.

The hope is really to find one rock solid centre back from this side going forward into senior, whether it be Mulkerrin or John Daly or anyone else. Cein Darcy can start to force his way into whats now a crowded looking midfield sector from next year. Really think Galway should be hitting their best potential level in 2-3 years times with only Bradshaw and Conroy as potential age causalities going forward. Comer, Walsh & Burke should still be in their prime, SAC, Cooke, & Mike Daly should be strong established players down the spine with a few of these younger guys from this team coming though. Who knows, could even have McDaid back (although i wish him well) or Evan Murphy playing at that stage. Lot of roads to travel first and it's gone wrong before but it's a bright situation currently

Orchard park

Think Bradshaw will be gone after June 17th persoonally

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Manning18 on June 07, 2018, 04:48:48 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 07, 2018, 04:03:50 PM

1. Oran Burke (Corofin)
Strong midfield !
A very pacey player.

The hope is really to find one rock solid centre back from this side going forward into senior, whether it be Mulkerrin or John Daly or anyone else. Cein Darcy can start to force his way into whats now a crowded looking midfield sector from next year. Really think Galway should be hitting their best potential level in 2-3 years times with only Bradshaw and Conroy as potential age causalities going forward. Comer, Walsh & Burke should still be in their prime, SAC, Cooke, & Mike Daly should be strong established players down the spine with a few of these younger guys from this team coming though. Who knows, could even have McDaid back (although i wish him well) or Evan Murphy playing at that stage. Lot of roads to travel first and it's gone wrong before but it's a bright situation currently

We already have a man that would be a top class CHB and one of the best footballers in the country if he lined out with Galway. Unfortunately Daithi Burke is the best hurling FB in the country instead. The other lad we need there, who is another serious bit of stuff, is in Australia and the very best of luck to him there, you couldn't begrudge anyone a shot at a professional sporting career.
A HB line of McDaid - Burke - (and on current form) Kelly would make the Galway a far, far more formidable prospect.
Instead I fear that the Galway HB line is an accident waiting to happen that will sink us at some point this summer.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Orchard park on June 07, 2018, 05:00:42 PM

He's been playing fairly well of late to be fair but he's obviously up there in age now. He's probably going to be phased out over the next 18 months or so. O'Donnell seems to have lost his place already.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on June 07, 2018, 07:45:44 PM

He's been playing fairly well of late to be fair but he's obviously up there in age now. He's probably going to be phased out over the next 18 months or so. O'Donnell seems to have lost his place already.

Those red cheeks take at least five years off the age he looks.

Duine Eile

Sean Kelly's display against Mayo and Sligo has cemented Gary's place on the bench you'd think, Bradshaw seems to do 50, 55 minutes and then he's goosed, this is probably our weakest line, if we had Daithí Burke, McDaid and Dylan Wall available it could be one of our strongest. Anyway, swings and roundabouts, we don't have them. I can see Cathal Sweeney getting a serious roasting some day though.

galwayman

Quote from: Duine Eile on June 07, 2018, 08:32:35 PM

Sean Kelly's display against Mayo and Sligo has cemented Gary's place on the bench you'd think, Bradshaw seems to do 50, 55 minutes and then he's goosed, this is probably our weakest line, if we had Daithí Burke, McDaid and Dylan Wall available it could be one of our strongest. Anyway, swings and roundabouts, we don't have them. I can see Cathal Sweeney getting a serious roasting some day though.
A line of Kelly Bradshaw & Heaney would do fine for me.
Brad having a good season overall up to now.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: galwayman on June 07, 2018, 08:35:34 PM

Would be a surprise if Kevin Walsh drops Sweeney from his half back line and isn't Heaney playing a type of sweeper role?

galwayman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 07, 2018, 08:48:05 PM

Would be a surprise if Kevin Walsh drops Sweeney from his half back line and isn't Heaney playing a type of sweeper role?
It won't happen but would be my preference.

Duine Eile

Quote from: galwayman on June 07, 2018, 08:53:06 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 07, 2018, 08:48:05 PM

It won't happen but would be my preference.

Definitely won't happen, even Patrick got a run against Sligo.

Rossfan

3 changes to the Ros starting 15 as Lorcan Daly, Keith Murphy and Dylan Ruane replace Galvin,  Lawless and Duff.
Stronger team but I fear Galway will be too good for them.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM