Started by ross4life, January 03, 2011, 02:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Player of the year
Bernard Brogan, ticked all the boxes carried Dublin

Young player of the year
Aiden Walsh big impact in the big games

Team of the Year
Roscommon, just consider where they came from. battered by Mayo & relegated then won the Connacht title & held their own vs Cork

Point of the Year
Benny Coulter vs Kildare 45m one on hogan stand side

Game of the year
Kerry v Cork replay (shocker)

Save of the year
Kalum King finger tip save v kildare in the last kick of the game

Goal of the year
James Kavanagh v Meath

Performance of the year
Tyrone v Down (display of keep ball)

Manager of the Year
Fergal O' Donnell, pulled the team from the brink of the abyss to win the first Connacht title for 9 years

Master tactical moves
Conor Counihan

Tactical blunders

Pat Gilroy v Cork

Flop of the year
Galway, high hopes with the arrival of Joe Kernan

Not often he gives us good press  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Zapatista

Quote from: ross4life on January 03, 2011, 02:56:29 AM

Master tactical moves
Conor Counihan

::)

What a stupid category.

People should really stop reading the Sunday World.

bennydorano

Dont quite Get the Aiden Walsh thing either.  Granted he had a good AIF, but i thought he'd been really poor right up to it.  I had a Hansen moment too, saying Cork will win nothing with thon boy in MF. 

ck

On what basis has Pat Spillane to be making up catagories for awards? He was a good player on a very good team who pissed through All-Irelands when the rest of the counties were slugging pints and eating frys as pre match routines. That rag Sunday world have given the p***k a platform which has just fuelled his ego. The saddest part was when RTE allowed him present the Sunday Game. We was bloody awful.. a giant leprachaun on speed.
At least Paul Galvin likes him, hmmm wonder why.

The Forfeit Point

Quote from: ck on January 03, 2011, 01:36:43 PM
On what basis has Pat Spillane to be making up catagories for awards? He was a good player on a very good team who pissed through All-Irelands when the rest of the counties were slugging pints and eating frys as pre match routines. That rag Sunday world have given the p***k a platform which has just fuelled his ego. The saddest part was when RTE allowed him present the Sunday Game. We was bloody awful.. a giant leprachaun on speed.

ffs, spillane is easily one of the greatest players of all time and his style of play meant that he would have been great in any era

isourboydownyet

Spillane does have that knack of winding people up and can be very annoying at times but the man can talk the talk,not just of his achievements as a footballer but his involvement in coaching with his school,his club and the fact he was chairman of his own club shows to me he puts his money where his mouth is

Rossfan

I'm getting a bit worried about his love in with us in these awards of his. ::)
Is he feeling guilty over his dismissive attitude towards us on AIQF day?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

ross4life

Quote from: Rossfan on January 03, 2011, 05:15:39 PM
I'm getting a bit worried about his love in with us in these awards of his. ::)
Is he feeling guilty over his dismissive attitude towards us on AIQF day?

I don't know rossfan? he might feel guilty over his remarks on the Cork game

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

tyssam5

I looked at this under the assumption that it was a piss-take like the Darwin awards or something.

ziggysego

Quote from: tyssam5 on January 03, 2011, 07:32:39 PM
I looked at this under the assumption that it was a piss-take like the Darwin awards or something.

Or get us talking about him again  ;)
Testing Accessibility

ck

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on January 03, 2011, 03:29:09 PM

ffs, spillane is easily one of the greatest players of all time and his style of play meant that he would have been great in any era

Who said he couldn't play in any era?? He stood out (as did Kerry) due to their ease of passage to provincial and AIF every year... as well as being really good team of course.
Spillane has made his name since by being controversial, no other reason! What other plonker would come out with a rugby team could win an All-Ireland if he trained them for a year.  ::)
And as for him being the chairman of his club? Yes fair dues.. but it's hardly putting his money where his mouth is! If he put his money where his mouth is then he would take a senior team coaching job at club or county level.  ..or even take on a rugby team and enter them in the Muster c/ship, seeing as it's so easy. Mind you they probably would get to the Munster final. lol
Pat is a prat, simple as that!

isourboydownyet

Quote from: ck on January 04, 2011, 05:38:10 PM

Who said he couldn't play in any era?? He stood out (as did Kerry) due to their ease of passage to provincial and AIF every year... as well as being really good team of course.
Spillane has made his name since by being controversial, no other reason! What other plonker would come out with a rugby team could win an All-Ireland if he trained them for a year.  ::)
And as for him being the chairman of his club? Yes fair dues.. but it's hardly putting his money where his mouth is! If he put his money where his mouth is then he would take a senior team coaching job at club or county level.  ..or even take on a rugby team and enter them in the Muster c/ship, seeing as it's so easy. Mind you they probably would get to the Munster final. lol

as i stated in my original post he has managed a club team,his own!!like him or not he does more work for his club than most of us

ck

Quote from: isourboydownyet on January 05, 2011, 10:13:23 AM
Quote from: ck on January 04, 2011, 05:38:10 PM

And what has that got to do with the price of a goldfish? So what if he managed a junior club side and failed. He has never stood up and went for a senior job or county coach. He'd rather fire cheap shots at those who do!
Yeah fair play, he's a good club man, but it's not good club men he rips apart in his cheap articles. Let him take a county team or top club side, then and only then he can be judged properly. I'd love to see his all flare, attacking football tactics!

as i stated in my original post he has managed a club team,his own!!like him or not he does more work for his club than most of us