Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on March 31, 2023, 10:08:40 PM
Is the Antrim senior setup toxic? What happened?

They couldn't get a bus and the hurlers went to Portugal... f**king bastards
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2023, 10:01:54 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on March 31, 2023, 09:13:42 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2023, 09:07:21 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on March 31, 2023, 07:15:11 PM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 31, 2023, 10:46:18 AM
Have to agree MR2. Good forward planning I'd have thought? Does gallagher not do similar in Derry.

Difference is the Derry set up and the Antrim set up are like chalk and cheese, young lads coming into Derry are coming into a winning environment and are learning off players and leaders like McKauigue Glass McGuigan Rodgers etc

So only good if they are coming into a winning set up? Do you even read what you write?

Antrim haven't won shit in over god knows how many years ffs!

Feck you're dumb

No you twat bringing young lads into a losing toxic senior environment doesnt do them any good 👍 who the hell is taking about years back apart from you.

Honestly, there's wiser eating grass, losing toxic environment? Tipp and Longford went down, just in case you forgot

You literally said Antrim having been losing for years like 2 messages ago but now saying its not a losing environment, make you mind up.

EOC1923

Quote from: bannside on March 31, 2023, 03:15:57 PM
EOC you can rest assured Donnelly and Johnston will make your starting 15, and both well equipped to go into a county senior panel and give a good account of themselves too!

Why the faux shock and bewilderment? There's probably a long list of good minors who played minor / senior the same year, never mind be included as part of a 34 man panel.

Andy saw enough to invite them in and the players are old enough to decide whether or not it's for them. Even if it is just added player development with an eye to 2024, again, what's the harm in that. What age was Paddy McBrearty when he debuted for Donegal, etc, etc.
Cahir already an established player and Conhuir will be straight in there too no big shocks there

bannside

Milltown Row2

Quote from: realisticsaff on March 31, 2023, 10:11:37 PM
Have to agree MR2. Good forward planning I'd have thought? Does gallagher not do similar in Derry.

Difference is the Derry set up and the Antrim set up are like chalk and cheese, young lads coming into Derry are coming into a winning environment and are learning off players and leaders like McKauigue Glass McGuigan Rodgers etc

So only good if they are coming into a winning set up? Do you even read what you write?

Feck you're dumb

No you twat bringing young lads into a losing toxic senior environment doesnt do them any good 👍 who the hell is taking about years back apart from you.

Honestly, there's wiser eating grass, losing toxic environment? Tipp and Longford went down, just in case you forgot

You literally said Antrim having been losing for years like 2 messages ago but now saying its not a losing environment, make you mind up.

You referenced Derry, Ulster Champions and players coming on to winning team unlike Antrim .. we ain't winners so we just don't bring on players? The toxic stuff tell me that?

You hate the county I get that,  they stopped your podcast, toys thrown out and a bunch of lies thrown in too, was shit anyways, but come on here and throw out more crap to have a dig? Christ the night!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

realisticsaff

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 31, 2023, 10:53:43 PM
Quote from: realisticsaff on March 31, 2023, 10:11:37 PM

Feck you're dumb

You referenced Derry, Ulster Champions and players coming on to winning team unlike Antrim .. we ain't winners so we just don't bring on players? The toxic stuff tell me that?

You hate the county I get that,  they stopped your podcast, toys thrown out and a bunch of lies thrown in too, was shit anyways, but come on here and throw out more crap to have a dig? Christ the night!

Just when I thought any more shit could be spouted lol true colours tonight kiddo

NatSoSaff

Holy Ghost. Are things that bad? Honestly? Take a breath boys. The seniors survived again in division 3 in a new management teams first year in charge. Not bad going considering it takes time to implement a new system, set of standards and expectations etc.
The u20's have also been a big positive by all accounts. Surely there's enough going on at the minute to give cause for some hope. I'm looking at division 1 and 2 club fixtures over the next few weeks and it's a reminder of how competitive and exciting our senior and intermediate league and championship is again this year. Put the knives away and choose love  :-*

realisticsaff

Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 01, 2023, 12:01:02 AM
Holy Ghost. Are things that bad? Honestly? Take a breath boys. The seniors survived again in division 3 in a new management teams first year in charge. Not bad going considering it takes time to implement a new system, set of standards and expectations etc.
The u20's have also been a big positive by all accounts. Surely there's enough going on at the minute to give cause for some hope. I'm looking at division 1 and 2 club fixtures over the next few weeks and it's a reminder of how competitive and exciting our senior and intermediate league and championship is again this year. Put the knives away and choose love  :-*

What other county in the country has a full round of club fixtures 2 and a half days before the county has a championship game, and as far as the club leagues the county have made their feelings known about the league by having games at 10am. Cargin v Creggan should be a marquee fixture in our league calendar on Wednesday night but instead we'll have nothing but shadow boxing with 2 reserve sides. But I'm sure when they meet in championship in August we'll see the usual suspects at the gate scanning bar codes.

realisticsaff

Quote from: NatSoSaff on March 31, 2023, 03:56:50 PM
Looking forward to club games Wednesday evening now with the light. A good few tight games this round one would imagine.

St.Brigids v Aghagallon  ( Aghagallon + 6)
St. John's v Moneyglass ( Jonnies +2)
Rossa v St. Endas (Rossa +4)
Cargin v Creggan (Cargin + 3)
Tir Na nog v Lamh Dearg (LD + 2)
Portglenone v Ahoghill (Portglenone +3)

County U20 players back now for Cargin will strengthen them significantly.

All home wins apart from St Brigids v Aghagallon

EOC1923

Quote from: realisticsaff on April 01, 2023, 12:20:40 AM
Quote from: NatSoSaff on April 01, 2023, 12:01:02 AM

What other county in the country has a full round of club fixtures 2 and a half days before the county has a championship game, and as far as the club leagues the county have made their feelings known about the league by having games at 10am. Cargin v Creggan should be a marquee fixture in our league calendar on Wednesday night but instead we'll have nothing but shadow boxing with 2 reserve sides. But I'm sure when they meet in championship in August we'll see the usual suspects at the gate scanning bar codes.
Cargin and Creggan, both sides will only be missing a couple each because of Antrims game. Could be other reasons why others aren't there.

country bumpkin

Just saw betting for 2023 senior football championship and Brigid's are second favourites.......ffs.

bannside

Who's laying the odds CB?

realisticsaff

Quote from: country bumpkin on April 01, 2023, 05:24:19 PM
Just saw betting for 2023 senior football championship and Brigid's are second favourites.......ffs.

Not necessarily.. I'm guessing they've had alot of bets put on them which means their odds shorten.

country bumpkin

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on April 01, 2023, 06:15:47 PM
Who's laying the odds CB?

Boylesports.....must be a Derry man there.....