Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

realisticsaff

Quote from: InnocentByStander on April 03, 2023, 01:14:54 PM
Quote from: bannside on April 02, 2023, 08:11:30 AM
Things have improved beyond recognition since before the arrival of Saffron Vision, county squads get everything they need, with full support teams to back it up. Work going on behind the scenes in coaching and fundraising that  we would have given an arm for a decade ago, and while it's not perfect by any stretch, we are very obviously making great progress in the right areas.

As someone who has a long history of calling out the county "board" for their ineptitude, going back several decades, I can assure those current dissidents that if they had been around pre Paddy O' Hara report into football affairs in the county and what we have now.....its like day and night. And I'm happy to give plenty of examples.

Haters will hate, but the show must go on.

Get everything they need?
They couldn't get a bus to longford...

He's hardly going to say they are inept on the week of an Ulster Championship match

Saffsof82

Things have improved beyond recognition since before the arrival of Saffron Vision, county squads get everything they need, with full support teams to back it up. Work going on behind the scenes in coaching and fundraising that  we would have given an arm for a decade ago, and while it's not perfect by any stretch, we are very obviously making great progress in the right areas.

As someone who has a long history of calling out the county "board" for their ineptitude, going back several decades, I can assure those current dissidents that if they had been around pre Paddy O' Hara report into football affairs in the county and what we have now.....its like day and night. And I'm happy to give plenty of examples.

Think you will find that the players preferred the option of taking their own cars as opposed to a coach, their decision I believe, think the hurlers have done this a few times too

paddyjohn

Quote from: Saffsof82 on April 03, 2023, 02:32:11 PM

Think you will find that the players preferred the option of taking their own cars as opposed to a coach, their decision I believe, think the hurlers have done this a few times too

Why let the truth get in the way of a good story?

Kidder81

Squad discontent ?

bannside

Exactly PJ....but then commonsense would dictate that without having to spell it out for these glass empty fantasists. Thankfully the vast majority here can see through this drivel.

InnocentByStander

Quote from: paddyjohn on April 03, 2023, 01:25:24 PM
Maybe the bus money was used to pay the weekend in Waterfoot. 🤐😉

Yeah would say that really broke the bank...

Some difference in Waterfoot than Portugal

realisticsaff

Quote from: Kidder81 on April 03, 2023, 03:05:34 PM

Squad discontent ?

🤐

Lár na páirce 1

St.Brigids v Aghagallon  ( Aghagallon + 2)
St. John's v Moneyglass ( Jonnies +1)
Rossa v St. Endas (Rossa +6)
Cargin v Creggan (Cargin +6)
Tir Na nog v Lamh Dearg (TNN+ 2)
Portglenone v Ahoghill (Ports +7)

Saffsof82

St.Brigids v Aghagallon  ( Aghagallon + 5)
St. John's v Moneyglass ( Jonnies +4)
Rossa v St. Endas (Rossa +2)
Cargin v Creggan (Cargin +6)
Tir Na nog v Lamh Dearg (LD +2)
Portglenone v Ahoghill (PORTS+5)

realisticsaff

St.Brigids v Aghagallon  ( Aghagallon +7)
St. John's v Moneyglass ( Jonnies +5)
Rossa v St. Endas (Rossa +1)
Cargin v Creggan (Draw)
Tir Na nog v Lamh Dearg (TNN+5)
Portglenone v Ahoghill (Ports +3)

paddyjohn

Quote from: InnocentByStander on April 03, 2023, 03:49:55 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on April 03, 2023, 01:25:24 PM
Maybe the bus money was used to pay the weekend in Waterfoot. 🤐😉

Yeah would say that really broke the bank...

Some difference in Waterfoot than Portugal

Did the county pay for the hurlers to go to Portugal? Or did the hurlers fund it themselves?

Did the footballers get the opportunity to go somewhere also? Maybe wasn't enough time between end of league and Armagh game?

It's all speculation which only a few know the truth about. Some people need to have a word with themselves, spouting absolute rubbish on here.

Lár na páirce 1

Still no word with championship draws very late this year

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: EOC13 on April 04, 2023, 09:53:40 AM

Was 5th April not mentioned on here recently
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on April 04, 2023, 10:11:59 AM
Quote from: EOC13 on April 04, 2023, 09:53:40 AM

Was 5th April not mentioned on here recently

Would that happen with a full fixture list on the same night?

Saffsof82

Quote from: Antrim on April 04, 2023, 05:11:02 PM

As someone who has a long history of calling out the county "board" for their ineptitude, going back several decades, I can assure those current dissidents that if they had been around pre Paddy O' Hara report into football affairs in the county and what we have now.....its like day and night. And I'm happy to give plenty of examples

My youngest on dev squad this year, gear hasn't been given out yet, when I asked  about it was told  shorts and socks being given out over the next fortnight , then training top, half zip and skinnies would be given out at the start of June, but sure that's positive and doesn't seem to fit the narrative on this board anymore. .

Not every development team got gear.