Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Angelo

A lot of strong rumours about James McClean coming.

Don't know about whether he will benefit the team in terms of quality but his heart and attitude will give us lots in such a pivotal season. Would love to see him in the hoops.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on September 20, 2020, 10:34:57 PM

Don't know about whether he will benefit the team in terms of quality but his heart and attitude will give us lots in such a pivotal season. Would love to see him in the hoops.

I get what you're saying but skill wise he's not better than what we have and would only be an impact sub tbh
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on September 20, 2020, 11:10:07 PM

I get what you're saying but skill wise he's not better than what we have and would only be an impact sub tbh

McClean wouldn't be a natural wing back but I think he'll offer us a lot more there than Taylor does right now or Forrest as a left wing back.

If the figures are low, I'd make this happen. In a season like this you need leaders and McClean is one.

marty34

Quote from: Angelo on September 20, 2020, 11:48:54 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 20, 2020, 11:10:07 PM

McClean wouldn't be a natural wing back but I think he'll offer us a lot more there than Taylor does right now or Forrest as a left wing back.

If the figures are low, I'd make this happen. In a season like this you need leaders and McClean is one.

I agree Angelo.

He'd bring a bit of bite on the left side and he'd put a shift in for sure.

Effort over talent and all that!

illdecide

I've always liked JMcC and he always put a shift in no matter who he played for and that is great and you two could be right for this year alone ensuring Celtic get 10 in a row but i'm not sure James would start most matches and would probably be used from the bench mostly and with the wages he'd be on it wouldn't make much business sense to sign him but if it happens then great...he's a top lad.

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on September 21, 2020, 08:12:24 AM
I've always liked JMcC and he always put a shift in no matter who he played for and that is great and you two could be right for this year alone ensuring Celtic get 10 in a row but i'm not sure James would start most matches and would probably be used from the bench mostly and with the wages he'd be on it wouldn't make much business sense to sign him but if it happens then great...he's a top lad.

The finances will dictate but McClean certainly seems a polar opposite to your usual mercenary footballer. I'd say he'd take a big financial sacrifice to make history with Celtic this year.

I think as a left wing back he probably offers more than the other options we have, if we can do better then all and good but I'd be happy to have him on board for this season.

Angelo

Another absolutely putrid display, blushes spared by an 89th minute winner.

Frimpong the only player to emerge with any credit.

Edouard is a huge cause for concern right now, looks like he's on a sulk.

paddyjohn

That's a throwback to the 90s, absolute mince.

tonto1888

Not much to add th what's been said. Poor performance. Frimpong done well. A wins a win. Will take it

Targetman

Playing shite at the minute, team selection very questionable to say the least, Brown has played 3 matches in 8 days, why sign the likes of Turnbull if he's not going to give him a chance and I don't mean 10 minutes at the end of the game, Hibs will fancy their chances on Sunday

clarshack

Not many positives from last night but the main thing is that we're through. Away to Sarajevo next week, beat them last season but you wouldn't be putting the mortgage on it this time around.

Applesisapples

Quote from: Angelo on September 24, 2020, 08:00:06 PM
Another absolutely putrid display, blushes spared by an 89th minute winner.

Frimpong the only player to emerge with any credit.

Edouard is a huge cause for concern right now, looks like he's on a sulk.
Edouard always looks slow and awkward, I know he scores but he is no Messi.

illdecide

We're just scraping through in matches...just doing enough which isn't good enough. Eddie situation is worrying TBH and to be fair too NL i don't think i could pick my strongest 11 based on what i've seen over the last month. No one has really stood out and it's def a concern moving forward, I thought we would have kicked on by now.

marty34

Quote from: illdecide on September 25, 2020, 12:06:23 PM
We're just scraping through in matches...just doing enough which isn't good enough. Eddie situation is worrying TBH and to be fair too NL i don't think i could pick my strongest 11 based on what i've seen over the last month. No one has really stood out and it's def a concern moving forward, I thought we would have kicked on by now.

I think Lennon needs to go with his best 11 - he keeps picking different players in different games. Ok to give one or 2 players a rest e.g. Brown and Forrest etc. but get Duffy, Ajer and Julien playing together at the back. Start Ajeti and Edouard up front.

illdecide

The problem (myself included) is we don't know who's carrying knocks and niggles, who's doing well in training and who's flying at training. NL knows the fixtures we have ahead and being the manager we have to trust his team selection based on what he see's daily, as a fan it's frustrating when we see performances like we have this season but we're still winning so i'll take it which brings it on to todays fixtures which looks like a toughie...Hibs playing well and this will be a hard one but a win against Hibs today and everyone will be happier this evening. Edouard to score all around him today after the flak he got on Thursday...lol