?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

illdecide

Celtic TV showing game today...

Mikey Johnstone the only long term injury as everyone else is in full training. Lennon's interview with media spoke well of Rogic and stated how much he rates him but unfortunately over the last season or two injuries too his knee and ankle has restricted his game time. LG should be in squad for Wed game with St Mirren and Duffy goes straight into today's squad...Team looking strong and focused...HH
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bronco

The Premier League is at it's lowest standard in years and Celtic still wouldn't be good enough to finishing top 12 in it.

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on September 12, 2020, 12:36:35 AM
I wouldn't even say the top 6 last season. It was a spectacularly poor league. Liverpool won at a trot yet still got fpund out in Europe. They were the only bigger side who improved. City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Spurs are all regressing or trying to repair. The European clubs will get hopped next year.

It happens, but anyone who thinks Celtic wouldnt be comfortably mid table knows hee haw about soccer.

The broader point is that Celtic and Rangers are far bigger clubs than most EPL sides. Give them the money Norwich  and Bournemouth get just for showing up and they will push the big boys very hard.

ned

Quote from: Bronco on September 12, 2020, 12:13:34 PM
The Premier League is at it's lowest standard in years and Celtic still wouldn't be good enough to finishing top 12 in it.

I wouldn't even say the top 6 last season. It was a spectacularly poor league. Liverpool won at a trot yet still got fpund out in Europe. They were the only bigger side who improved. City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea and Spurs are all regressing or trying to repair. The European clubs will get hopped next year.

It happens, but anyone who thinks Celtic wouldnt be comfortably mid table knows hee haw about soccer.

The broader point is that Celtic and Rangers are far bigger clubs than most EPL sides. Give them the money Norwich  and Bournemouth get just for showing up and they will push the big boys very hard.

It's a moot point as finances would be completely different but Everton who finished 12th are ordinary. Celtic as it stands lack quality in certain areas and I'm under no illusion about our capabilities.  However, go look at Everton, at the end of last year, and all those teams just above and below them and tell us why Celtic couldn't match them. Jullien, Ajer, McGregor, Forrest, Edouard, Ntcham are all players who would easily enhance any of those teams. Last year Celtic beat Lazio (finished fourth in a strong SerieA) home and away, beat Rennes (finished 3rd in Ligue1). I feel even with this current team, increased intensity and playing higher quality opposition, Celtic would hold their own in EPL. The basis of any argument against Celtic's ability to compete at that level is only about the quality of opposition we face weekly and not really about what Celtic have on the field.

marty34

Quote from: Bronco on September 12, 2020, 12:13:34 PM

I'd say Celtic would pick up a lot of points at home if they were in the EPL. With the support, it'd be like a big European game every other Saturday.  That would be a big boost.

Away form could be different but they'd still pick up points on the road.  However, if they were in the EPL, they'd get serious money (millions upon millions) and would re-invest it in strengthening the team.

As I say, home matches would be a big winner for Celtic.

Bronco

First few years in the PL I don't think they'd finish top 6 or even close, couldn't see them winning the League within 25 years unless it was some kind of Leicester one-off miracle.

MoChara

Who knew that if we went 3 5 2 we could steam roll teams lol

marty34

Quote from: MoChara on September 12, 2020, 05:29:11 PM

Or maybe players forwards...as forwards!!

MoChara

Quote from: marty34 on September 12, 2020, 05:40:46 PM
Quote from: MoChara on September 12, 2020, 05:29:11 PM

Or maybe players forwards...as forwards!!

Neil Lennon's football revolution

illdecide

Well TBH with the guys we have on here i wouldn't even try to defend NL on here but good performance (eventually) and scoring 5 goals away from home is perfect. His fav formation is 352 and we're at our strongest going forward playing that, he obviously didn't think the players he had at his disposal could pull that off for whatever reasons (not fit/sharp enough etc) but that's old ground so no point covering that just like the silly discussions about how Celtic would do in England when they play in Scotland.

tonto1888

Quote from: illdecide on September 14, 2020, 11:33:42 AM
Well TBH with the guys we have on here i wouldn't even try to defend NL on here but good performance (eventually) and scoring 5 goals away from home is perfect. His fav formation is 352 and we're at our strongest going forward playing that, he obviously didn't think the players he had at his disposal could pull that off for whatever reasons (not fit/sharp enough etc) but that's old ground so no point covering that just like the silly discussions about how Celtic would do in England when they play in Scotland.

Good to see Polish Paddy get a goal. Will do his confidence the world of good

illdecide

Yes Tonto, he looks a bit raw but eager as hell and think he'll get better. Fingers crossed, LG needs to know and he will now that if he doesn't get the finger out he will find himself 4th striker and getting the odd substitute appearance and cup game.

ned

Klimala has looked a bit "frightened" at times. Almost like Brattbak was at Celtic. Probably should have had six goals already this season. Hoping he takes off from here.

illdecide

Poor enough performance tonight...I suppose it's still 3pts in the bag but far from convincing. Definitely didn't start with our strongest team but we got away with it. A win on Sat and Hibs to turn over Sevco on Sunday and things will turn for the better.

Angelo

Edouard seems to be well off form and that is a worry.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

bannside

Eddies first touch was a mile away. Klimala I just dont see as an answer to anything, LG if he would sort himself out is still a  etter option. On the plus side Big Shane strolled about like he owned the place.