Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tyroneman

It's a very good squad alright, the only thing missing is a bit of craft and guile to open up defences.

Rogic is it really.

Angelo

Quote from: tyroneman on October 06, 2020, 09:31:47 AM
Quote from: Main Street on October 06, 2020, 12:40:53 AM
Quote from: illdecide on October 05, 2020, 09:58:44 PM
Quote from: general on October 05, 2020, 02:36:50 PM
Sky Sports reporting Celtic signing a left back from Milan, 27 years old Uruguay International.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11781/12090640/diego-laxalt-set-for-celtic-medical-ahead-of-loan-move-from-ac-milan

Is this the final piece of the jigsaw? Is this enough to deliver the ten? I believe this is what Lennon wanted and is happy as long as no one was sold so no excuses, now two weeks time will tell the tale although Laxalt hasn't played a game this season so couldn't be match fit to play against Sevco. Just a pity we didn't get him 3-4 weeks ago to get some game time under his belt.
i'd hope so, previously I hadn't bothered too much with all the maligning of the current LB, but he was very poor v St. Jons ,  unfortunate for the chap but nothing he tried came off.
The 353 is working well since Duffy came aboard. I'm really looking forward to the EL group games and I'd say the players are chomping at the bit.

It's been functional. Games have been won. Bar Hibs though there has been nothing convinving about any of them.

Duffy has been ok. He can't pass over 10 yeards and the physicality has caught him out a few times (prob expecting to coast it in Scotland) but he's been reasonably solid and presents a decent threat at set pieces, particualrly if Turnbull is delivering.

Lennon will have no excuses now he has his LWB. Whatever is going on the team has not been playng fluent, exicting or creative football.

As was said elsewhere they are lucky that thier worst is still around most teams best in Scotland.

Feel like I'm in the minority chatting to other Celtic fans, but to me Elynoussi is a poor to average player. No better than anyone else at Celtic

The Sevco game will tell a story - that's where we really need players like Duffy, who won't be bullied.

Don't rate Elyonoussi either, don't know what he is, a winger, a forward, an attacking midfielder? He had a very good start but his performances have tailed off badly. We have good depth throughout the squad now.

---------------------------Barkas
---------------------------(Bain)

-------------Jullien--------Duffy----------Ajer
-------------(Elhamed)---(Bitton)-------(Welsh)

Frimpong--------------------------------------------Laxalt
(Forrest)--------------------------------------------(Taylor)

-------------------Brown-------McGregor
------------------(Ntcham)----(Turnbull)
-------------------(Soro)

--------------------------Christie
--------------------------(Rogic)
-----------------------(Elyonoussi)

-------------------(Edouard)-----(Griffiths)
---------------------(Ajeti)-------(Klimala)
-------------------(Johnston)

When Johnston and Forrest return it does give us the flexibility to return to a 4-2-3-1 as well.

The squad is strong enough, with the loss of the CL money and the financial impact of the pandemic it was refreshing to see Celtic not trying to cash in on their players. For once I have no major criticisms of the board but it's a special season.

I cannot understand how the huns have been able to fork out another huge amount (for them) in transfer fees and not have to flog some of their key men, they are in perilous financial situation and will surely be on the verge of financial ruin at the end of the season?
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

illdecide

I actually feel a bit for Taylor tbh, everyone has always talked about getting a LB or a LWB and anytime he's went out to play for Celtic he'd have had that in the back of his head. His confidence was bound to be low knowing every fan and management kept talking about getting in a LB. Maybe when the team settles down and he gets the pressure off him he might perform a bit better but to be fair i haven't rated the lad but could be a decent back up...who knows but the pressure will be off him now so lets see how he does whatever games he plays the rest of the season
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lurganblue

Young lad getting pelters on social media for his appearance.

tyroneman

Quote from: illdecide on October 06, 2020, 12:16:33 PM
I actually feel a bit for Taylor tbh, everyone has always talked about getting a LB or a LWB and anytime he's went out to play for Celtic he'd have had that in the back of his head. His confidence was bound to be low knowing every fan and management kept talking about getting in a LB. Maybe when the team settles down and he gets the pressure off him he might perform a bit better but to be fair i haven't rated the lad but could be a decent back up...who knows but the pressure will be off him now so lets see how he does whatever games he plays the rest of the season

He's been steady, if unspectacular. Following KT was almost an impossible job to be honest.

Prob more suited to being a LB and asked to defend more than attack.

No point complaining about him not being something he isn't (or hasn't learned to be yet) - he's really all Celtic had at that position, so getting on his back hardly helped.

Far from the main, or only, problem to be honest....nt when you look at: slow transition play, poor tactics, constant line up changes, injuries, lapses in concentration from more senior players, basic mistakes from more senior players, lack of effort from more senior players, lack of creativity in all areas of the pitch ........

Taylor

I dont need your pity illdecide

illdecide

Quote from: Taylor on October 06, 2020, 01:22:21 PM

I dont need your pity illdecide

Thought i was being nice

illdecide

Edouard tests positive...Jasus if any other Celtic player has it by the time the play Sevco it could be bad, lets hope this isn't the case. Lennon's fault no doubt ::)

Angelo

Quote from: illdecide on October 06, 2020, 10:57:38 PM
Edouard tests positive...Jasus if any other Celtic player has it by the time the play Sevco it could be bad, lets hope this isn't the case. Lennon's fault no doubt ::)

Your victim complex for Lennon is something else.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Main Street

That's the first real positive news about Ed this season.

tyroneman

At which point (and about what) are we allowed to judge Lennon in his role as manager?

Do we have to wait until the end of the season? The first Sevco game, second, third?

Is it permissable to comment on the style of football during the season?

It seems because we are winning (ugly) in the league that he is untouchable (despite another shambolic exit from the CL)

illdecide

Quote from: Angelo on October 06, 2020, 11:00:26 PM

Your victim complex for Lennon is something else.

It was a tongue in cheek comment...We were meant to discuss the impact playing Sevco without possibly some of our top players, I know Edouard has not been great recently and Lennon did say the transfer speculation was effecting him. Now that that's over hopefully we can see him back to his best and we all know if he's on top of his game he's first class

angermanagement

The Scottish FA has been informed that Stuart Armstrong has returned a positive test for COVID-19.

The midfielder returned a negative test for COVID-19 on arrival at Oriam on Monday but the supplementary UEFA test returned a positive result this morning.

Stuart will self-isolate for 10 days from the date of the test – Tuesday, 6 October - and will now be unavailable for the forthcoming international matches.

All other members of the squad have returned negative results. However, the Lothian Health Protection Team have identified two players and two members of the backroom staff as close contacts. As a consequence, Kieran Tierney and Ryan Christie – along with one physiotherapist and one masseur - will require to self-isolate for 14 days as of yesterday, and will also miss the forthcoming matches.

The Scotland National Team Chief Medical Consultant, Dr John MacLean, has been in constant dialogue with the Scottish Government's Clinical Adviser on COVID & Sports throughout.

Steve Clarke, Scotland National Team Head Coach: "While this is obviously disappointing news the most important thing is the health and safety of the individuals involved and the wider group.

"As soon as we were informed of the positive test, the Chief Medical Consultant immediately contacted the Scottish Government's clinical adviser, who in turn alerted the local Health Protection Team.

"We have informed the respective clubs from whom we have borrowed the players and backroom staff and we now have to prepare for a huge match ahead tomorrow."

Ian Maxwell, Scottish FA Chief Executive: "We were made aware of the positive test this morning and I reiterate Steve's view that the health and safety of those involved is paramount. We will maintain constant dialogue with Dr John MacLean to ensure that those who are required to self-isolate are given the full support of the Scottish FA in conjunction with their clubs.

"Equally, the protocols and procedures in place are designed to ensure that the remaining members of the squad – who have all returned two rounds of negative tests – can continue to prepare for the forthcoming matches in a safe and secure environment."

Chrsitie out of the Old Firm now as well!

Main Street

14 days quarantine is overkill for  Christie should  he retest negative in 5 days time.

Then it's reported that Armstrong who tested positive only has to undergo 10 days quarantine.

illdecide

Check out this for some coming and going...WOW

In: Albian Ajeti, forward (West Ham United, £4.5m); Vasilis Barkas, goalkeeper (AEK Athens, undisclosed); David Turnbull, midfielder (Motherwell, undisclosed).

Loan in: Shane Duffy, defender (Brighton & Hove Albion); Mohamed Elyounoussi, midfielder (Southampton), Diego Laxalt, defender (AC Milan).

Out: Eboue Kouassi, midfielder (Genk, £1.35m); Craig Gordon, goalkeeper (Heart of Midlothian); Jonny Hayes, midfielder (Aberdeen); Robbie Deas, defender (Inverness Caledonian Thistle); Calvin Miller, defender (Harrogate Town); Kundai Benyu, midfielder (Wealdstone); Luke Mahady, forward (Raith Rovers); Mark Hill, midfielder (Forfar Athletic); Dave McKay, defender (Brechin City); Jozo Simunovic, defender.

Loan ended: Fraser Forster, goalkeeper (Southampton); Daniel Arzani, midfielder (Manchester City); Moritz Bauer, defender (Stoke City).

Loan out: Boli Bolingoli, defender (Istanbul Basaksehir); Manny Perez, defender (North Carolina); Marian Shved, midfielder (Mechelen); Vakoun Issouf Bayo, forward (Toulouse); Jack Hendry, defender (Oostende); Andrew Gutman, defender (Cincinnati); Jonathan Afolabi, forward (Dundee); Kerr McInroy, midfielder (Dunfermline Athletic); Ryan Mullen, goalkeeper (Cove Rangers); Brody Paterson, midfielder (Queen's Park).