Kingdom37

Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 09:18:27 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 09:17:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 09:15:07 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 09:04:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 08:57:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 08:53:16 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 08, 2020, 08:51:39 PM
Why was near 10 minutes of injury time played?
When Monaghan were lying down to waste the sin bin time, I'm not sure they realised it would be added on at the end.
Perhaps Monaghan folk are not as dumb as you are and  can work out the maths between 6 and 10
There wouldn't have been 10 minutes injury time if Monaghan players hadn't spent so much time on the ground pretending to be injured. They were the reason it was 6. They were the reason that increased. They can have no complaints about it.
No surprise that a spoofer cum charlaton like yourself didn't spot that McManus was clear on goal and then pulled back by the ref, for the purposes of a Monaghan player supposedly pretending to be injured??
::)
So you didn't notice that? no wonder with your head being stuck up Dublin's arse.

In fairness he gave Monaghan a few handy frees too.

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 09:20:23 PM
Great point.
Myne was an accurate  observation of what happened in added on time, an event which you either missed or ignored and now haven't the balls to recognise but hide behind  your default smarm.

Main Street

Quote from: Kingdom37 on February 08, 2020, 09:23:56 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 09:18:27 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 09:17:00 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 09:15:07 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 09:04:20 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 08:57:44 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 08:53:16 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 08, 2020, 08:51:39 PM
Why was near 10 minutes of injury time played?
When Monaghan were lying down to waste the sin bin time, I'm not sure they realised it would be added on at the end.
Perhaps Monaghan folk are not as dumb as you are and  can work out the maths between 6 and 10
There wouldn't have been 10 minutes injury time if Monaghan players hadn't spent so much time on the ground pretending to be injured. They were the reason it was 6. They were the reason that increased. They can have no complaints about it.
No surprise that a spoofer cum charlaton like yourself didn't spot that McManus was clear on goal and then pulled back by the ref, for the purposes of a Monaghan player supposedly pretending to be injured??
::)
So you didn't notice that? no wonder with your head being stuck up Dublin's arse.

In fairness he gave Monaghan a few handy frees too.
In fairness, I wasn't at all referring to handy frees by the ref,  but to the ref for pulling back play after a clash when McManus was clear on goal was overly officious and then to have morons here claim it was the Monaghan player rolling around faking it which caused the added on minutes.

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 09:30:52 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 09:26:00 PM
Great point.
Myne was an accurate  observation of what happened in added on time, an event which you either missed or ignored and now haven't the balls to recognise but hide behind  your default smarm.
You are the only one that doesn't recognise that Monaghan players were deliberately wasting time and that the ref was right to add it on. You are the only one with skin in the game.
So you did not notice that McManus was clear and pulled back for a clash?

square_ball

There was 2 and a half minutes of play in the original 6 minutes signalled for injury time between injuries and the referee taking 2 minutes to dish out a few yellow cards.

The Hill is Blue

Brilliant comeback by the Dubs tonight. A game like that is just what the young Dubs needed. Fair dues to Monaghan - they had a great first half, but they will know that you have to do it in both halves to win the game.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Gael85

Quote from: The Hill is Blue on February 08, 2020, 11:01:18 PM
Brilliant comeback by the Dubs tonight. A game like that is just what the young Dubs needed. Fair dues to Monaghan - they had a great first half, but they will know that you have to do it in both halves to win the game.

Happy with that Hill. Great heart from the lads.  Young Bugler stepped up.

straightred

ok - just home. Long post mortem. Great entertainment all all that but monaghan were hosed by branigan.

Mccarthy gets a free in after taking at least 8 steps. Hughes black card for contesting why he didn't get a 45 (which clearly was a 45). The macmanus 1 on 1. Keep playing until Dublin equalise. The list goes on. Hopefully none of these things matter at the end of the day but we need better refs than that.

Manning18

As someone that was shouting for Monghan throughout the game, I thought the ref was more than fair to them tbh. A number of easy frees given in the second half. The lack of play on to McManus looked bad because he was clear through but the whistle was blown for a contact foul long before that and Dubs stopped playing. Someone will have to do the clock on the injury time, went way over but a hell of a lot of the original 6 was wasted also so hard to know. I'm sure league Sunday will do it

straightred

I was at it and the conditions were awful so we have to cut everyone some slack including the ref. Having said that i think he was worth 3 points to Dublin. I may or may not be accurate but that's how it looked from my seat.

Gael85

Quote from: straightred on February 09, 2020, 12:29:54 AM
ok - just home. Long post mortem. Great entertainment all all that but monaghan were hosed by branigan.

Mccarthy gets a free in after taking at least 8 steps. Hughes black card for contesting why he didn't get a 45 (which clearly was a 45). The macmanus 1 on 1. Keep playing until Dublin equalise. The list goes on. Hopefully none of these things matter at the end of the day but we need better refs than that.

Agree on the McCarthy steps. Hughes was black carded on something the linesman saw though not sure incident was. Added injury time was justified as Monaghan msn was down for 2 minutes and subs took age coming off. Monaghan deserved the win but delighted see our lads steal a draw.

Jell 0 Biafra

Based on this game and the Dublin Kerry game, it looks like there's an effort this season to make sure that added time is added play time.  In both games 6 mins were added, and in both there was a lot of time during that 6 when the ball was dead.  And in both, the ref added 2-3 minutes on at the end.   Worked for the Dubs today, against them vs. Kerry.

Jell 0 Biafra

That missed goal chance at the end of the 1st half probably cost Monaghan the win today.

tonto1888

Quote from: straightred on February 09, 2020, 12:29:54 AM

The black card was for an earlier off the ball incident according to the commentators

tonto1888

Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 09:32:26 PM
Quote from: hardstation on February 08, 2020, 09:30:52 PM
Quote from: Main Street on February 08, 2020, 09:26:00 PM
Great point.
You are the only one that doesn't recognise that Monaghan players were deliberately wasting time and that the ref was right to add it on. You are the only one with skin in the game.
So you did not notice that McManus was clear and pulled back for a clash?

To be fair to the ref he blew that straight away without noticing McManus was clear. He should have been more aware though