NFL Division 1 - 2020

Started by thejuice, January 07, 2020, 12:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: galwayman on February 04, 2020, 10:41:13 PM
I thought Liam Boyle was involved with the squad in the FBD but I could have that wrong.
Was a nice wing back for the minors a few years back though quite small and light physically.
I'm glad Steede is getting another start
Liam Boyle was definitely named on 26 for the Monaghan league match so he's been in the camp at least.

Not surprised to see Ó Laoi make way but definitely surprised to see Michael Boyle back in there, he looked a nice bit off IC standard in the Monaghan match but maybe unfair to judge on the basis of one match, anyone who saw the match in Kerry and didn't know anything about the players would have probably put Steede in the same category.

Varley very unlucky to be out of the starting 15 again on the basis of performances in the 4 matches this year to date, he's certainly played better than Daly, Boyle and probably Finnerty as well.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on February 05, 2020, 09:53:43 AM
Quote from: galwayman on February 04, 2020, 10:41:13 PM
I thought Liam Boyle was involved with the squad in the FBD but I could have that wrong.
Was a nice wing back for the minors a few years back though quite small and light physically.
I'm glad Steede is getting another start
Liam Boyle was definitely named on 26 for the Monaghan league match so he's been in the camp at least.

Not surprised to see Ó Laoi make way but definitely surprised to see Michael Boyle back in there, he looked a nice bit off IC standard in the Monaghan match but maybe unfair to judge on the basis of one match, anyone who saw the match in Kerry and didn't know anything about the players would have probably put Steede in the same category.

Varley very unlucky to be out of the starting 15 again on the basis of performances in the 4 matches this year to date, he's certainly played better than Daly, Boyle and probably Finnerty as well.
100% agree that Varley should be starting based on performances YTD.  He may be carrying a knock for this one as he was down for an extended period of time after a heavy challenge on Shane Enright the other night. 

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 04, 2020, 11:23:51 PM
A good opportunity for Galway to pick up away win as Donegal are poor in O'Donnell Park.

Haven't won there since 2014. Miserable enough record before that too.

Farrandeelin

Huge game in Navan for us on Sunday. Lose and we'll be in the relegation battle, win and we'll head into the weekend off with some momentum.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2020, 10:04:55 PM
Huge game in Navan for us on Sunday. Lose and we'll be in the relegation battle, win and we'll head into the weekend off with some momentum.
A Mayo win by a bit to spare I'd reckon. Meath are injury hit and don't have any strength in depth to cope.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

omagh_gael

Pretty significant wind storm forecast Saturday evening into Sunday. Chance that some games may be called off?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 05, 2020, 11:14:16 PM
Pretty significant wind storm forecast Saturday evening into Sunday. Chance that some games may be called off?

What would it take to have the Omagh game on Saturday?  Agreement by both teams?  Would attendance be lower?

MayoBuck

Mayo team named...

1. Robert Hennelly - Breaffy
2. Padraig O'Hora - Ballina Stephenites
3. James McCormack - Claremorris
4. Brendan Harrison - Aghamore
5. Eoin O'Donoghue - Belmullet
6. Michael Plunkett - Ballintubber
7. Patrick Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
8. Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore (C)
9. Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber
10. Fergal Boland - Aghamore
11. Ryan O'Donoghue - Belmullet
12. James Durcan - Castlebar Mitchels
13. Tommy Conroy - The Neale
14. James Carr - Ardagh
15. Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

I could see Aidan O'Shea replacing Ryan O'Donoghue before throw in.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 05, 2020, 10:04:55 PM
An beal bocht.
Meath are 500/1 to win the NFL.
Mayo are well able for them.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Main Street

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 05, 2020, 11:14:16 PM
Not the Navan game, Meath is a cold place for namby pamby pansy talk about calling a game off due to  inclement weather.

Main Street

Good news for Tyrone in that Cathal McShane will linger on for the 2020 season.
Who said all those pre-game rosaries were a waste of time? With God on their side, nothing is impossible.

highorlow

QuoteNot the Navan game, Meath is a cold place for namby pamby pansy talk about calling a game off due to  inclement weather.

Reported
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: highorlow on February 06, 2020, 01:55:06 PM
QuoteNot the Navan game, Meath is a cold place for namby pamby pansy talk about calling a game off due to  inclement weather.

Reported
Snowflake.

larryin89

Quote from: MayoBuck on February 06, 2020, 10:45:45 AM
Mayo team named...

14. James Carr - Ardagh

Eleven changes  I make it from 2017 all ireland final , changing times .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Quote from: larryin89 on February 06, 2020, 08:57:23 PM
Quote from: MayoBuck on February 06, 2020, 10:45:45 AM
Mayo team named...

14. James Carr - Ardagh

Eleven changes  I make it from 2017 all ireland final , changing times .

A changing of the Guard! Not as smooth as Dublin's evolution from the team of 2011.

These things don't happen overnight - Ask Tyrone, Donegal and Kerry.

The GAA should be happy. A strong Dublin is badly needed. The rest are there to make up competition and the rest can fade away in tier  2.