Tyrone v Monaghan, Sun 20th May, Healy Park

Started by tyroneman, April 04, 2018, 06:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyCake

I'm not here to gloat, but Monaghan made Tyrone to look very ordinary.

Two in a row Tyrone, but who did they beat?

Derry, Cavan (after replay) and just pipped Donegal
Derry, Donegal, Down and a tired/poor Armagh.

7 games, one convincing win v Donegal. That was it. I think this Tyrone team were overhyped. Maybe 12 points short of Dublin is about right.

longballin

Quote from: BennyCake on May 21, 2018, 05:10:11 PM

7 games, one convincing win v Donegal. That was it. I think this Tyrone team were overhyped. Maybe 12 points short of Dublin is about right.

That's where Ulster is at. Monaghan are no great shakes either.

imtommygunn

They would have beat monaghan last year. Monaghan had a good league and have improved this year.

Two in a row ulster a good achievement at any point in time. Any other county would be happy with it.

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 21, 2018, 07:37:13 PM

They would have beat monaghan last year. Monaghan had a good league and have improved this year.

Two in a row ulster a good achievement at any point in time. Any other county would be happy with it.

We'll never know that.

Yes, absolutely. But it was too much thinking they could/can win the All Ireland.

imtommygunn

Yeah but because dublin beat them people just assumed tyrone were rubbish. It was more that dublin were fantastic.

We will never know that but for the last 2 years they have beat the team that beat monaghan which says a lot. They are getting a lot of slating when they don't necessarily deserve it.

Even yesterday they were at a point down late enough on and it could have swung the other way. Wouldn't have deserved it but could have happened.

I don't think they have become a bad team overnight - though are a lot poorer for not having sean cavanagh.

For all the garbage seafoid spouts i think he said one thing that may be accurate- the dublin defeat has a) dented tyrone's confidence and b) made other teams realise they're beatable.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 21, 2018, 08:42:29 PM
Yeah but because dublin beat them people just assumed tyrone were rubbish. It was more that dublin were fantastic.

We will never know that but for the last 2 years they have beat the team that beat monaghan which says a lot. They are getting a lot of slating when they don't necessarily deserve it.

Even yesterday they were at a point down late enough on and it could have swung the other way. Wouldn't have deserved it but could have happened.

I don't think they have become a bad team overnight - though are a lot poorer for not having sean cavanagh.

For all the garbage seafoid spouts i think he said one thing that may be accurate- the dublin defeat has a) dented tyrone's confidence and b) made other teams realise they're beatable.
Thanks for the compliment!

Just on this board the Dublin match was a real gamechanger. Before it Tyrone fans were posting a lot and very optimistic.
Afterwards they were very subdued.
Same in the league . After a few losses they were very quiet although things did improve towards the end.
This Tyrone project has been on the go a few years and people probably expected it to be further on than it actually is.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

rrhf

Monaghan are in the top 3 teams in Ireland at the moment, and deserve more respect than even that clown Main Street gives them. They had a massive win yesterday. One move that might have won the game for Tyrone would have been petie to the full forward line when Bradley went off and r Brennan in. I'd drop any half back or half forward who can't play a 30 pass to the full forward line or who thinks they are a better forward than Mc aliskey or Brennan. After yesterday I don't think Tyrone's full forward line is a problem. It's the players who think they can contribute more by taking the extra solo 50 yards out.
Tyrone will regroup and win the all Ireland if Harte adapts and pulls in a few form players from the club scene. The super 8s will knock the shit out of. Lot of teams this year so will the qualifiers.  The most flexible manager and squad usage will do well. Smells like 08. I'm growing the beard.

tonto1888

Quote from: rrhf on May 21, 2018, 09:23:08 PM
Monaghan are in the top 3 teams in Ireland at the moment, and deserve more respect than even that clown Main Street gives them. They had a massive win yesterday. One move that might have won the game for Tyrone would have been petie to the full forward line when Bradley went off and r Brennan in. I'd drop any half back or half forward who can't play a 30 pass to the full forward line or who thinks they are a better forward than Mc aliskey or Brennan. After yesterday I don't think Tyrone's full forward line is a problem. It's the players who think they can contribute more by taking the extra solo 50 yards out.
Tyrone will regroup and win the all Ireland if Harte adapts and pulls in a few form players from the club scene. The super 8s will knock the shit out of. Lot of teams this year so will the qualifiers.  The most flexible manager and squad usage will do well. Smells like 08. I'm growing the beard.

I thought this was a sensible post and was agreeing with you until you said Tyrone will regroup and win the all Ireland   No ifs buts or maybes are gonna make that happen

imtommygunn

You are right about the ff line.... They aren't getting ball in. If harte had went in there he wouldn't have seen the ball. Only option in ff line, in my view, would be donnelly to give you a physical option then players might kick it in.

Dublin are a dozen plus points better than tyrone. No chance at all of winning ai.

redzone

Just reading the Irish news and Brendan crossan wrote
Just when the ulster champ was starting to sag Tyrone and Monaghan produced an aboulste thriller in Healy park.The quality of this game was so high it's hard to imagine it being bettered for the rest of the summer
Was it that good, even thevsunday game said it was a great game. Anybody else think it was a classic

omagh_gael

Hearing a lot about it being a great game. I know we were beat but even during the match myself and fellas around me all agreed it was a bit dull. Some great scores but no massive intensity or atmosphere.

SkillfulBill

Quote from: rrhf on May 21, 2018, 09:23:08 PM

Never mind growing a beard you had better get a clown suit on if you think that Monaghan are a top 3 team and Tyrone will win an All Ireland again with Harte at the helm. Delusional stuff.

southtyronegael

i thought the game was a bit dull and cagey. alot of sideways posession football. having said that i dont think ive ever seen a game with as many quality scores from both teams and from so many different players.