Android Boxes

Started by snoopdog, July 30, 2015, 09:49:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearsiuil

Anyone want to advise how to use VPN on firestick plugged in to TV?

Allow for a complete tech amadán here so no detail too obvious.

gallsman

Quote from: fearsiuil on October 05, 2020, 02:50:41 PM

Anyone want to advise how to use VPN on firestick plugged in to TV?

Allow for a complete tech amadán here so no detail too obvious.

The big ones like Nord or Express have their own apps.

general

go to the search at the top of the screen and type ipvanish - quick install.

pay via phone/laptop and login with your credentials via firestick

Itchy

Everyone in the UK will need a VPN and I imagine following shortly afterwards the same will ne needed in Ireland. Its the death of Mag boxes too. Your better to buy a firestick or a cheap android box, add the VPN app to it than buying a VPN Router.

And if you want advice, use a "login" app like smarters, stay away from STB Emulators as the macs are being scanned, stolen and used elsewhere online.

Dar31

Type in the vpn you are looking for in the search menu and download it then log in or set up your account set it to auto connect when wifi or ethernet is on and pick the server ideally in the country you are in otherwise it could slow down your connection. I think most give a free trial so try them all and see which works best and keeps your firestick internet fast enough to stream ipvanish surfshark nordvpn and expressvpn are all on firestick just did a search worth trying them and seeing which suits you

Dar31

Quote from: Itchy on October 05, 2020, 04:47:42 PM
Everyone in the UK will need a VPN and I imagine following shortly afterwards the same will ne needed in Ireland. Its the death of Mag boxes too. Your better to buy a firestick or a cheap android box, add the VPN app to it than buying a VPN Router.

And if you want advice, use a "login" app like smarters, stay away from STB Emulators as the macs are being scanned, stolen and used elsewhere online.

Absolutely i agree everyone needs a vpn no matter what and  even though i have a formuler which can use mac i never give out my mac address ever.

Itchy

Quote from: Dar31 on October 05, 2020, 07:55:57 PM

Absolutely i agree everyone needs a vpn no matter what and  even though i have a formuler which can use mac i never give out my mac address ever.

Problem is servers are being scanned  your mac being robbed and used by someone else. Use your formuler to log in with user and pass in mytvonline instead of using its mac.

Dar31

Quote from: Itchy on October 05, 2020, 08:22:05 PM
Quote from: Dar31 on October 05, 2020, 07:55:57 PM

Problem is servers are being scanned  your mac being robbed and used by someone else. Use your formuler to log in with user and pass in mytvonline instead of using its mac.

Yes thats exactly what im doing  hopefully covid will f**k off and the big companies will calm down there obviously pushing hard as their revenue is being squeezed big  time thats what they get for being greedy and having huge prices but its going to get worse before it gets better i think

Dougal Maguire

What is a MAC address?
Careful now

Boycey

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 17, 2020, 10:51:17 AM
What is a MAC address?

In simplest terms it's a unique address that's identifies each bit of electronic hardware.

If ur provider is asking for one u are using mag box or mag emulator to access their service and they use your MAC  address to identify you to them. MAGs are becoming old hat and username/passwords are much more common place nowadays.

Dougal Maguire

Yes. My supplier uses my email address as my username. Is that and issue. Mind you if it is it's a bit late for me to be asking now🙀🙀
Careful now

Main Street

Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2020, 11:09:19 AM
What is a MAC address?

In simplest terms it's a unique address that's identifies each bit of electronic hardware.

If ur provider is asking for one u are using mag box or mag emulator to access their service and they use your MAC  address to identify you to them. MAGs are becoming old hat and username/passwords are much more common place nowadays.

If I change my ethernet card does my MAC adress change to what's on the new card?

Itchy

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on October 17, 2020, 11:23:45 AM
Yes. My supplier uses my email address as my username. Is that and issue. Mind you if it is it's a bit late for me to be asking now🙀🙀

Your supplier is a gobshite if he is doing that.

johnnycool

Quote from: Main Street on October 17, 2020, 02:31:30 PM
Quote from: Boycey on October 17, 2020, 11:09:19 AM
What is a MAC address?

If I change my ethernet card does my MAC adress change to what's on the new card?

Yes.

gallsman

New Chromecast is a tidy piece of work. Runs on Google TV which is a tweaking and repackaging of Android TV, so it has an actual OS compared to previous versions and you can side load apps like any other Android box. Have PLTV up and running on it.