Podcasts

Started by Soup an Samajiz, November 06, 2015, 09:28:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

Quote from: toby47 on June 17, 2024, 08:56:26 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 15, 2024, 10:00:50 AMA podcast called Bear and Scully has come up on my feeds a few time as Ireland's #1 Podcast. I clicked on a link there and it opened up a YouTube video of a live show. At first glance it looks like it's *really* not my cup of tea. Any takers here for it?

An absolute balloon. More interested in talking about himself

Bear as in Bear Competitions?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: tbrick18 on June 21, 2024, 02:56:35 PM
Quote from: toby47 on June 17, 2024, 08:56:26 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 15, 2024, 10:00:50 AMA podcast called Bear and Scully has come up on my feeds a few time as Ireland's #1 Podcast. I clicked on a link there and it opened up a YouTube video of a live show. At first glance it looks like it's *really* not my cup of tea. Any takers here for it?

An absolute balloon. More interested in talking about himself

Bear as in Bear Competitions?

Yes seems to be. It has been appearing on Facebook recently and looks like the same chap.

timmyot501

Listened to Thomas,  oisin and Peter mcginnity earlier. On a couple of occasions niblock asked a question that had just been answered and it felt like Peter was a bit annoyed about been asked again. Normally enjoy this pod but not so much this week.

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: timmyot501 on June 21, 2024, 04:13:50 PMListened to Thomas,  oisin and Peter mcginnity earlier. On a couple of occasions niblock asked a question that had just been answered and it felt like Peter was a bit annoyed about been asked again. Normally enjoy this pod but not so much this week.

Have we finally found one that wasn't phenomenal/most powerful one yet?! Must tip in 🤓

imtommygunn

The podcast is great and 90+% of the time niblock is ok but there's the odd time you're listening thinking what the hell - e.g. I thought he pushed McGuigan quite hard to say he was an alcoholic which there was no need for at all and he just came out of the blue to say Dan Gordon sounded bitter with Down county board about getting injured before the AI final in 2010 when he didn't at all. Sometimes chases a headline... (which maybe he has to do tbf to him).

I thought McGinnity was an interesting enough guest. Always remember him as very serious on the championship but came across  guy with a good sense of humour.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 21, 2024, 04:27:33 PMThe podcast is great and 90+% of the time niblock is ok but there's the odd time you're listening thinking what the hell - e.g. I thought he pushed McGuigan quite hard to say he was an alcoholic which there was no need for at all and he just came out of the blue to say Dan Gordon sounded bitter with Down county board about getting injured before the AI final in 2010 when he didn't at all. Sometimes chases a headline... (which maybe he has to do tbf to him).

I thought McGinnity was an interesting enough guest. Always remember him as very serious on the championship but came across  guy with a good sense of humour.
You're not going to get much growth in figures if it's "just" GAA ex-players going over old games.

Niblock is after the hook that gets them new listeners. The missus and her sister listened to the Kevin McElvanna episode and they're Prods with zero interest in the GAA, so the story matters.

Square Ball

Very late to the Evil Genius podcast, some very interesting facts reveale.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2024, 10:17:14 AMVery late to the Evil Genius podcast, some very interesting facts reveale.
I wondered what he was doing now.

Mourne Red

Quote from: timmyot501 on June 21, 2024, 04:13:50 PMListened to Thomas,  oisin and Peter mcginnity earlier. On a couple of occasions niblock asked a question that had just been answered and it felt like Peter was a bit annoyed about been asked again. Normally enjoy this pod but not so much this week.

Yeh he kept pushing the Fermanagh manager question and Peter had answered him a couple of times on it and got to the point where Peter said "we'll move on from that now" felt a bit awkward

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 22, 2024, 10:24:34 AM
Quote from: Square Ball on June 22, 2024, 10:17:14 AMVery late to the Evil Genius podcast, some very interesting facts reveale.
I wondered what he was doing now.

What's he at/what's his podcast

Armagh18

Niall Devlin on GAA social would have you in tears.

Taylor

The former poster on here?
Whats the podcast?

Square Ball

Quote from: Taylor on July 03, 2024, 12:02:44 PM

The former poster on here?
Whats the podcast?

Lol, nah, its Russell Lane, maybe they are one and the same, who knows.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

tiempo

Rory Gallagher the obvious choice for the Derry job according to Tommy Nibs on the podcast, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that would be toxic, not our Tom

Also seemed to be holding back regards Mickeys departure, where the players for or against Mickey staying on, Tommy would be connected enough to know but hadn't the stones to say

Finally the episode ended with McConville saying he wouldn't do it after seeing the abuse Mickey got, elaborate on that lads, oh wait - na don't bother

For a podcast with the MO 'we do things different' they sure fell into safety first generic soundbite mode when it suits

Back next week to ask more awkward questions of grieving Gaels though I'm sure, if you don't mind me asking sez he, only in as much as you're comfortable sez you

trileacman

Quote from: tiempo on July 09, 2024, 07:42:30 PMRory Gallagher the obvious choice for the Derry job according to Tommy Nibs on the podcast, anyone with an ounce of sense knows that would be toxic, not our Tom

Also seemed to be holding back regards Mickeys departure, where the players for or against Mickey staying on, Tommy would be connected enough to know but hadn't the stones to say

Finally the episode ended with McConville saying he wouldn't do it after seeing the abuse Mickey got, elaborate on that lads, oh wait - na don't bother

For a podcast with the MO 'we do things different' they sure fell into safety first generic soundbite mode when it suits

Back next week to ask more awkward questions of grieving Gaels though I'm sure, if you don't mind me asking sez he, only in as much as you're comfortable sez you
Could someone translate that into English?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014