On this day.

Started by armaghniac, April 15, 2017, 05:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quit yo jibbajabba

Just missed it by a day but the day before  Ireland Italy, OJ had his car chase

Crazy couple of days there eh

AustinPowers

Big Jack got a touchline ban after the  Aldridge substitution fiasco  v Mexico .

Maybe someone can clarify this , but my memory of  it was Irish fans had a whip  round to pay for Jack's fine , and Jack said to give the  money to the Loughinisland  families?

dec

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 18, 2024, 04:10:43 PMJust missed it by a day but the day before  Ireland Italy, OJ had his car chase
At some point I was in a bar and OJ's face appeared on the TV

Which set off a chorus of "OH-jay, OH-jay, OH-jay ..." to the tune of Ole... from the assembled Irish fans.

After the Norway game I was in a bar (there was a pattern) and a couple of Norway fans came. After a few minutes they were standing on stools conducting the rest of the bar in singing "Thanks for beating England" and "Who put the ball in the England net, NORWAY, NORWAY" , (Norway had beaten England in qualifying)

imtommygunn

Some hilarious stuff on those trips. I was a bit later as too young then but some hilarious experiences from euro 2012 kind of time.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 18, 2024, 03:10:42 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 18, 2024, 02:52:55 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on June 18, 2024, 02:50:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 18, 2024, 02:36:02 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on June 18, 2024, 02:18:48 PM18 June 1994:

The Loughinisland massacre took place also that fateful night..

No stone unturned was on last night. Watched the first hour crazy night.

Oh and my wife (girlfriend at the time) stood me up!

she was worth another chance then ??

He gave her a black card instead of a red.

;D  ;D

No cards in those days ;D

It did allow me to head to my local and watch the match. when the goal went I thought the upstairs was going to fall into the ground floor!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: dec on June 18, 2024, 04:43:34 PM
Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on June 18, 2024, 04:10:43 PMJust missed it by a day but the day before  Ireland Italy, OJ had his car chase
At some point I was in a bar and OJ's face appeared on the TV

Which set off a chorus of "OH-jay, OH-jay, OH-jay ..." to the tune of Ole... from the assembled Irish fans.

After the Norway game I was in a bar (there was a pattern) and a couple of Norway fans came. After a few minutes they were standing on stools conducting the rest of the bar in singing "Thanks for beating England" and "Who put the ball in the England net, NORWAY, NORWAY" , (Norway had beaten England in qualifying)

Nice one Dec. A pattern there surely 😜😎

Captain Obvious

On this day 15 years ago, Michael Jackson, the "King of Pop," passed away in Los Angeles at the age of 50.

AustinPowers

"A nation holds its breath"

marty34

Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2024, 10:43:15 PMOn this day 15 years ago, Michael Jackson, the "King of Pop," passed away in Los Angeles at the age of 50.

I remember Mortimer lifting his jersey and something was written about MJ on a white t-shirt underneath.

Truthsayer

Quote from: marty34 on June 25, 2024, 11:20:32 PM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on June 25, 2024, 10:43:15 PMOn this day 15 years ago, Michael Jackson, the "King of Pop," passed away in Los Angeles at the age of 50.

I remember Mortimer lifting his jersey and something was written about MJ on a white t-shirt underneath.
RIP Micheal Jackson (Michael misspelt!). Was bizarre

Jell 0 Biafra

King of pop and dodgy as f**k. Would you have let your kid spend time around him unsupervised?

gallsman

Quote from: Truthsayer on June 25, 2024, 11:23:04 PMRIP Micheal Jackson (Michael misspelt!). Was bizarre

Almost as if Mortimer was thick as pig shit who had very little between the ears other than how to kick a football over the bar in low pressure games.