Defensive tactics runing the game for 98% of people?

Started by onefineday, January 27, 2022, 11:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dec

Simply banning the hand pass would be a straightforward change.

Dunsilly King

Milltown Row2

Quote from: full moon on January 31, 2022, 01:18:00 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 31, 2022, 12:47:58 PM
Quote from: full moon on January 31, 2022, 12:28:13 PM
There needs to be emphasis on kickpassing and more lenient referees not blowing frees every 10 seconds.

Hand passing wise there may need to be a rule to cut the number of handpasses. A team like Kilcoo rarely kickpass at all.

So counting steps and counting handpasses, 3 attacking players must stay in a forward position!! christ the ref would be in for some beatings after the game

Yeah I agree don't think its feasible for referees. What about a rule that you can only bandpass inside your own half ?

Might encourage more kicking passing. Because the mark doesn't seem to have made a difference.

I don't see a huge improvement with the forward mark to be fair, It hasn't encouraged players to kick in long balls as the percentages are still the same, 70/30 in favour of the defender. So scrap that altogether, not playing it back to the keeper for one pass makes no difference, the keeper (as in yesterdays game) is generally up front trying to score (and score) so scrap that also, again I don't see any benefit to it.

What may make a change is rewarding play on the score board, how they go about that I have no idea, but a bit like basketball, more for scores taken out side the 40...

either way teams will not be encouraged to boot the ball in and not play a possession style game, if you were a manager you are only concerned about winning with your club/county. playing fancy football and getting hammered every week will mean a very short career.

Be interesting to know how many senior managers are on here or have been senior managers and how they got on by playing 'open' football
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rossfan

Quote from: Dunsilly King on January 31, 2022, 01:48:17 PM
Quote from: dec on January 31, 2022, 01:42:52 PM

what nonsense.
Endless handpassing is indeed total nonsense and while that sh1te activity dominates we'll not see a decent FOOTball game.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

lenny

Quote from: Rossfan on January 31, 2022, 05:26:58 PM
Quote from: Dunsilly King on January 31, 2022, 01:48:17 PM
Quote from: dec on January 31, 2022, 01:42:52 PM

what nonsense.
Endless handpassing is indeed total nonsense and while that sh1te activity dominates we'll not see a decent FOOTball game.

I don't mind the hand passing if it was refereed properly. Many players are getting away with throws ie they're not striking the ball with one hand stationary.

imtommygunn

Not a patch on hurling in that regard. The ball thrown all round the place now.

Rossfan

The Hurley throwing is something else altogether but if any Ref tried to enforce the rules he'd be hung drawn and quartered by the media and "hurling men".

Milltown Row2

Let's stick to the bog ball as everyone is complaining about it and no one is complaining about hurling other than non hurling men
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

didlyi

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 31, 2022, 05:55:44 PM
Not a patch on hurling in that regard. The ball thrown all round the place now.

With due respect to handpassing and I dont have much, the difference between a throw and a legitimate pass in Hurling is very little in terms of skill.
And likewise for football. We are deluding ourselves in both codes with the poor entertainment value from handpaasing a ball.

didlyi

Quote from: Rossfan on January 31, 2022, 06:37:01 PM
The Hurley throwing is something else altogether but if any Ref tried to enforce the rules he'd be hung drawn and quartered by the media and "hurling men".

Not true. Some of us want handpassing addressed ASAP.

Rossfan

Milltown Row2

Ref's will call it when they see it, it's no different to any foul, some ref's see it others don't, you've got to see it as a foul before blowing,  if they 'disguise' it then I can't see how, unless they actually ban it how they'll make it work

Wildweasel74

G some refs can't even imply some of the games basic rules. A throw up ball where players supposed to be 10/13m bck looks more like a rugby line out.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 01, 2022, 12:01:10 AM
G some refs can't even imply some of the games basic rules. A throw up ball where players supposed to be 10/13m bck looks more like a rugby line out.

If i waited after asking for the 10th time for all the players to stand back and allow me to throw the ball up for a hop ball we'd be playing 10 minutes injury, players are either thick or disrespectful

twohands!!!

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on February 01, 2022, 12:01:10 AM

The problem is that 99.9999% of the time both sides are infringing.

The punishment for a situation where play is stopped and both sides are committing a foul is a throw-ball.

This is on the rule makers not the referees.

I'd suggest making infringing at throw balls a black card offence - pick the two closest players (one from either side) and give them 10 minutes of a sit-down.

Before long teams would start respecting the 13 metres a bit more and when they didn't referees would have an actual punishment.