U17 Football Championship

Started by Itchy, May 04, 2017, 09:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

Quote from: galwayman on July 06, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
I would imagine Galway will be without several players who are on the minor squad that play the Connacht final against Sligo the next day.
3 u17s started against the Mayo minors and 2 more came off the bench. I think there may be a few more on the squad also not 100% sure.

Open to correction. 3 starters Sean Fitzgerald,Jack Glynn,Brain Harlowe and Subs brought on Mattew Tierney,Conor Walsh? it wouldn't have taken much of an effort to push this U17 final back one week but then again the Connacht GAA rarely use common sense. I also feel this U17 final should have been played in Tuam or Hyde park.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Is there an All Ireland U17 this year or is it just confined to Provinces?
Agree these lads should have got their day out in a Stadium rather than Prenty's Project.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on July 06, 2017, 06:36:30 PM
Agree these lads should have got their day out in a Stadium rather than Prenty's Project.

They don't call it the All-Ireland championship for no reason..

Blowitupref

AI semi finals in August. Galway or Roscommon will take on Kerry.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on July 06, 2017, 06:37:59 PM

They don't call it the All-Ireland championship for no reason..
Err.......... you'll find we've been playing in the CONNACHT U17 Championship

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 06, 2017, 05:59:00 PM
Quote from: galwayman on July 06, 2017, 11:07:12 AM
I would imagine Galway will be without several players who are on the minor squad that play the Connacht final against Sligo the next day.
3 u17s started against the Mayo minors and 2 more came off the bench. I think there may be a few more on the squad also not 100% sure.

Open to correction. 3 starters Sean Fitzgerald,Jack Glynn,Brain Harlowe and Subs brought on Mattew Tierney,Conor Walsh?

I think so yeah. The first three have been named in the Galway minor team for Sunday anyway.

galwayman

That's the 5 alright.
There are others in the squad also

Syferus

Ros 2-04 Galway 1-04 HT.

Galway's goal came immediately after our second.

Syferus

Ros 2-08 Galway 1-08 FT.

Handier than even the scoreline suggests, Galway hit two points right after the break and then it was pretty much all Ros.

Great work lads, first ever Connacht U17 champions makes for a good day's work.

Rossfan

1st Connacht title of the weekend ;D
Well done gasĂșns.
Couldn't make it today.
Maybe I should give tomorrow a miss too.

giveballaghback

Fantastic result for the young rossies, that puts paid to the clean sweep at underage for the choakers, now lets do a little bit more damage tomorrow.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: giveballaghback on July 08, 2017, 11:05:53 PM
Fantastic result for the young rossies, that puts paid to the clean sweep at underage for the choakers, now lets do a little bit more damage tomorrow.

Congrats to Roscommon. Galway obviously missing a number of their better players who are already on the minor team and panel for Sunday. Can't be helped though in this transition year.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 09, 2017, 02:04:17 AM
Quote from: giveballaghback on July 08, 2017, 11:05:53 PM

Congrats to Roscommon. Galway obviously missing a good scatter of their better players who are already on the minor team and panel for Sunday. Can't be helped though in this transition year.

This team beat the Galway County team handy last year and only lost to the City-West side by five in the Ted Webb despite having had a Fr. Manning game two days previous, so it's questionable how close Galway would have been whoever they picked. We're also missing our star forward from last year who thankfully was along with the panel this afternoon, albeit on crutches.

The gap was as significant between the sides as it was on the very good days for us at underage in years past. Great to see that, despite the penny-pinching, talent and good management still can win out. Food for thought for the jackasses that scuttled this year's minor and U21 teams before they even got a chance.

Best wishes to James Larkin from St. Kevin's who suffered a concussion and had to be rushed to Mayo General after the match.

Maroon Manc

Surely this could have been played on another weekend? Did any of the minors who were involved yesterday play for the 17's?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 10, 2017, 01:17:51 PM
Surely this could have been played on another weekend? Did any of the minors who were involved yesterday play for the 17's?

I think a couple of the minor subs played but those already on the minor team itself and a couple others did not.