St. Molaise Gaels
Ballymote
Calry/St. Joseph's
Tourlestrane
St. Mary's
St. Farnan's
St. John's

baoithe

Ah sure we need something to put a smile on our faces.

And now to wipe that smile right off my face: who have The Clowns interviewed for the manager's position?

SLIGONIAN

I concur, read it earlier.

The bit about the flute player priceless, he loves singing at weddings, parties or funerals :-\ . They may aswell get him for the jubilee celebrations with all the cups they won this yr on display ;).

Also calling for Taylor to brought back, shows their knowledge of football. Sure why dont we bring back mickey kerins aswell. Taylors a legend but surely everyone knows despite his class and talent he wont excell with county anymore the way its gone and pace of games. Harps have built a gameplan around him to get him the ball in the right areas at the right time. It just couldnt happen with Sligo.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: baoithe on October 20, 2008, 03:08:46 PM
Ah sure we need something to put a smile on our faces.

And now to wipe that smile right off my face: who have The Clowns interviewed for the manager's position?

Listen all i can say, is im not bullshitting and the man who told is a man who would know for sure. Im just giving a heads up and no way will disclose who the 3 are because 2 obviously wont get it. It should be announced this week but dont hold me to that, as anything is possible with our CB.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 20, 2008, 02:02:42 PM
I know. I read it earlier. Its unmissable at this stage. Cringeworthy in a Sarah Palin kind of way.
I know. I read it earlier. Its unmissable at this stage. Cringeworthy in a Sarah Palin kind of way.
I regret to learn that Nace O'Dowd has passed away.
I was never privileged to see him play as I was only a gossoon when he retired but he was long remembered by those who did.
By all accounts, he was a gentleman, on and off the field, and he always gave 100% in every game he played.
Players like him soldiered on, year after year, without any realistic hopes of winning any major prizes but this didn't stop them giving their best.
Packy McGarty and Cathal Flynn from Leitrim also belong in that category as does Roscommon's Gerry O'Malley.
Ray Tully was another Sligo man who gave great service to his county. Can anyone here tell me anything about Ray?
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

baoithe

Quote from: Lar Naparka on October 26, 2008, 03:38:01 PM
I regret to learn that Nace O'Dowd has passed away.
I was never privileged to see him play as I was only a gossoon when he retired but he was long remembered by those who did.
By all accounts, he was a gentleman, on and off the field, and he always gave 100% in every game he played.
Players like him soldiered on, year after year, without any realistic hopes of winning any major prizes but this didn't stop them giving their best.
Packy McGarty and Cathal Flynn from Leitrim also belong in that category as does Roscommon's Gerry O'Malley.
Ray Tully was another Sligo man who gave great service to his county. Can anyone here tell me anything about Ray?

Just to clarify Lar NaParka my comments re the FOSF news was mostly aimed at the way it is written rather than the subject matter.

As for Ray Tully - what would you like to know about him? He's never really been involved with the GAA at club level. His sons were great club footballers with Shane doing well (as you could with Sligo in the early 90's) on the county scene.

Owenmoresider

Sunday 26th October 2008
U-20 A Championship Group 1
Tubbercurry /Cloonacool   0-5   0-6   Curry    Tubbercurry   Round 3   
St Molaise Gaels    5-6   1-2   St Johns    St Molaise Gaels   Round 3   

U-20 A Championship Group 2
Tourlestrane    6-18   1-4   Coolera-Strandhill    Tourlestrane   Round 3   

U–13 Feile na nOg Championship East Division
Owenmore Gaels    1-1   12-8   Geevagh    Owenmore Gaels      
Ballymote    -   -   Shamrock Gaels    Ballymote   Not Played   

U–13 Feile na nOg Championship South Division
Cloonacool    -   -   Tourlestrane    Cloonacool   Conceded by Cloonacool   
Coolaney/Mullinabreena    -   -   Bunninadden    Coolaney/Mullinabreena    Conceded by Bunninadden   

U–13 Feile na nOg Championship West Division
Easkey    2-10   2-10   Enniscrone/Kilglass    Easkey      
St Patricks    2-4   5-18   St Farnans    St Patricks      

Saturday 25th October 2008
U-20 B Championship Group 1
Shamrock Gaels    1-12   0-13   St Marys    Shamrock Gaels   Round 3   
St Patricks    -   -   Owenmore Gaels    St Patricks   Conceded by Owenmore Gaels   

Friday 24th October 2008
Super League Final
Eastern Harps    0-11   0-9   Geevagh    Tourlestrane   Final

Big win for Curry there, any result against SMG will see them into the final, and perhaps more success for them. The neighbours lie in wait, gave Coolera some beating. Drumcliffe  :o and Shamrock Gaels will contest the B final. John's are some disgrace, the ones that didn't bother entering little better, and the ones who pulled out... :(

Lar naparka - it wasn't today or yesterday that O'Dowd died, 20-odd years ago by now.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 26, 2008, 06:44:42 PM
Sunday 26th October 2008
U-20 A Championship Group 1
Tubbercurry /Cloonacool   0-5   0-6   Curry    Tubbercurry   Round 3   
St Molaise Gaels    5-6   1-2   St Johns    St Molaise Gaels   Round 3   

U-20 A Championship Group 2
Tourlestrane    6-18   1-4   Coolera-Strandhill    Tourlestrane   Round 3   

U–13 Feile na nOg Championship East Division
Owenmore Gaels    1-1   12-8   Geevagh    Owenmore Gaels      
Ballymote    -   -   Shamrock Gaels    Ballymote   Not Played   

U–13 Feile na nOg Championship South Division
Cloonacool    -   -   Tourlestrane    Cloonacool   Conceded by Cloonacool   
Coolaney/Mullinabreena    -   -   Bunninadden    Coolaney/Mullinabreena    Conceded by Bunninadden   

U–13 Feile na nOg Championship West Division
Easkey    2-10   2-10   Enniscrone/Kilglass    Easkey      
St Patricks    2-4   5-18   St Farnans    St Patricks      

Saturday 25th October 2008
U-20 B Championship Group 1
Shamrock Gaels    1-12   0-13   St Marys    Shamrock Gaels   Round 3   
St Patricks    -   -   Owenmore Gaels    St Patricks   Conceded by Owenmore Gaels   

Friday 24th October 2008
Super League Final
Eastern Harps    0-11   0-9   Geevagh    Tourlestrane   Final

Big win for Curry there, any result against SMG will see them into the final, and perhaps more success for them. The neighbours lie in wait, gave Coolera some beating. Drumcliffe  :o and Shamrock Gaels will contest the B final. John's are some disgrace, the ones that didn't bother entering little better, and the ones who pulled out... :(

Lar naparka - it wasn't today or yesterday that O'Dowd died, 20-odd years ago by now.

Our lads won easy today, we were worried st johns wouldnt turn up  but they did 13 players only and it was 15 a side game. We hit a mountain of wides and played poorly. We now have to beat Curry in curry by 7pts or more to get to final by our managers calculations. The amount of walkovers in Sligo underage football is a worry.

magpie seanie

We were a disgrace today. Missed about 3 great goal chances in the first 15, they took theirs and we just dropped the heads. Hard to watch. Tourlestrane will take beating though. Very strong.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 26, 2008, 10:29:43 PM
Our lads won easy today, we were worried st johns wouldnt turn up  but they did 13 players only and it was 15 a side game. We hit a mountain of wides and played poorly. We now have to beat Curry in curry by 7pts or more to get to final by our managers calculations. The amount of walkovers in Sligo underage football is a worry.
And we are contributing a lot to that now too sadly, the U20's following on from the U16's pulling out earlier this year. and the U13's might as well do so judging by those results. Problems ahead.

The walkovers in the U20 was worse last year IIRC, quite a few teams pulled out. It's a bad time to have it on, a month or two after a lot of clubs have packed up their adult activities. Unfortunately that other game takes root at this time of year for many. Certainly looks to be that way with John's.

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 26, 2008, 11:36:31 PM
And we are contributing a lot to that now too sadly, the U20's following on from the U16's pulling out earlier this year. and the U13's might as well do so judging by those results. Problems ahead.

The walkovers in the U20 was worse last year IIRC, quite a few teams pulled out. It's a bad time to have it on, a month or two after a lot of clubs have packed up their adult activities. Unfortunately that other game takes root at this time of year for many. Certainly looks to be that way with John's.

OMS whats the main problem that yee cant field at some levels. Is it nrs, lack of volunteers to take over teams, competition with soccer etc... just interested?

shapes

Rumour has it that the Sligo Manager is an ex Donegal player.Sligonian you have some cheek taking pot shots at older established people from other clubs, lets see how your club handles the senior grade! I'm sure we won't be long showing Molaise Gaels a thing or two.

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 20, 2008, 03:15:44 PM

The bit about the flute player priceless, he loves singing at weddings, parties or funerals :-\ . They may aswell get him for the jubilee celebrations with all the cups they won this yr on display ;).

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: shapes on October 28, 2008, 04:41:01 PM
Rumour has it that the Sligo Manager is an ex Donegal player.Sligonian you have some cheek taking pot shots at older established people from other clubs, lets see how your club handles the senior grade! I'm sure we won't be long showing Molaise Gaels a thing or two.

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 20, 2008, 03:15:44 PM

Jees shapes seriously man it was a joke and i wasnt the only one to take the piss, where is it offensive or a pot shot? Hypersensitive alert ::), are you a man or mouse. Is your Dad the flute player :D?

What club are you from so i can keep an eye out for your club showing mine a thing or two ;)?  Yee be all delighted to know i got my way and our management team have resigned at club level. Hopefully to be succeeded by good football men and outside manager with no internal poilitics and favouritsm so we can maximise our potential.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on October 27, 2008, 02:34:29 PM
Quote from: Owenmoresider on October 26, 2008, 11:36:31 PM

OMS whats the main problem that yee cant field at some levels. Is it nrs, lack of volunteers to take over teams, competition with soccer etc... just interested?
The former two mainly, soccer strangely wouldn't affect us that much at underage, as Cloonamahon don't field in the SLDSL youths anymore (and usually when they did it was at U18). We should have better numbers, but having a town in your area can be of no benefit for some clubs. Ballymote and Ballisodare are similiar cases, and so Tubber has been too in the past. Attitude problems, indifference, better things to be doing, etc. By contrast our girls setup is thriving, but they have plenty of involvement and enthusiasm from parents, so that is a factor. We don't have many takers for looking after the boys teams. A shame how it's gone considering what was achieved for a good number of years, culminating in three minors (two B and one C) in five years. And that basically is our senior team now. So unless things change, when the present crew moves on we could have difficulties, maybe even back to where we were a decade or so ago. And Ballymote are probably in a similiar position.

magpie seanie

QuoteRumour has it that the Sligo Manager is an ex Donegal player

Yes - heard that the eternal student is to lead us. Also heard that he's quite good. Fingers crossed.

Shapes - you're seriously not defending the shite written by FOSF are you?

Owenmoresider

Interesting news. Worth a shot anyway, we can only go one way anyway so we'll see how it pans out.

Seanie - you're missing a 'S' there methinks.