Laois Junior Football Championship 2017

Started by The PRO, July 26, 2017, 04:48:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: The Monument Road on September 22, 2017, 04:08:44 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on September 21, 2017, 09:10:25 PM
Quote from: SCFC on September 20, 2017, 05:06:01 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on September 20, 2017, 03:40:43 PM
Objection lodged by Park to Joseph's fielding an ineligible player (Garvan)
Pathetic if true.

Not Pathetic at all. If its true the book should be thrown at them. What goes around comes around.
Pablo, seems anything St Josephs bugs you to the core. Move on babe, your issues earlier in the year with them were resolved and is now history.

You wouldn't be wrong there . Best of luck to Kilcavan in the final.

BallyroanAbu

Seems Josephs know the rules, any issues from here on in that's where we should all head. 

Keyser Söze

I don't know anything about the ins and outs of this particular case, but it is possible that the player will still be deemed ineligible.
Objection could have been ruled out of order on any one of a number of grounds!
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Joeythelips

The players are not ineligible as they were not playing when the regrading rule was brought in, same applied to Wooly who was given wrong info it would seem. Looks like Laois GAA don't know the rules.
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/club-player-denied-football-all-year-in-laois-because-of-rule-mix-up-137677

The Monument Road

Quote from: Joeythelips on September 23, 2017, 12:05:29 AM
The players are not ineligible as they were not playing when the regrading rule was brought in, same applied to Wooly who was given wrong info it would seem. Looks like Laois GAA don't know the rules.
https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/club-player-denied-football-all-year-in-laois-because-of-rule-mix-up-137677
well that puts that to bed so...along with all the know alls contributing to the debate here....it's personal with some it seems... (Pablo and his ilk must be sick to hear this)

BallyroanAbu

I am glad this objection did not go anywhere,  but it's very much a loophole in the rulebook.  Surprised Josephs had not re graded already, Garvan & Kelly must have only become available late on in the year and someone investigated and found a loophole(where there is a will there is away). 

You may want to come down from that cross "Monument",  the Daly thing is going to annoy a lot of people even if Josephs got the verdict.

The Monument Road

Quote from: BallyroanAbu on September 23, 2017, 11:31:15 AM
I am glad this objection did not go anywhere,  but it's very much a loophole in the rulebook.  Surprised Josephs had not re graded already, Garvan & Kelly must have only become available late on in the year and someone investigated and found an loophole(where there is a will there is away).
it's like any new rule change....it's not retrospective. Under law you cannot charge someone under a Law enacted after the deed has been committed.

Saint 1963

BallyroanAbu in Tom Kelly's case why would you be surprised Joseph's didn't regrade him? The man had bones broken in his back as a result of a tackle and for a number of years football was never an option for him. Things like going for a walk with your son or going out to work to provide for your family are far more important!
Besides, just like Wolly, they didn't need to be regarded. As you said yourself Josephs's seem to know the rules! And London's only a phone call away! Closer much of the time!😉

BallyroanAbu

I get that Saint, no argument with what's happened.  Just presume if Kelly and Garvan were going to be available at the start of the year ordinarily Josephs would have regarded and no need to go to Croke Park.  Nice to see Tom Kelly playing again.

Saint 1963

Isn't it always the same with GAA rule book. Things are never as simple as they could, or should be! That's why so many objections, appeals and counter appeals end up in being adjudicated on in Croke Park at 3am in the morning. As someone said earlier in this discussion, club officials are all unpaid volunteers who do the job as best they can for the sake of their club but are obliged to know every syllable and nuance of the rule book! If you're lucky enough to have good ones you should treasure them. We certainly do!

Keyser Söze

Just to be clear, Kelly and Garvan were never regraded down through the grades, but didn't have to be because they never played since this new grading system was brought in? Is that what the outcome is?

Also, what are all the London references, for those of us not in on the joke?!

Don Draper

What's this about an objection by the way, all I've seen referenced was an query?

Delighted the lads can play on, but I do feel for Parkinson who now has Laois CB firmly in his sights. This may be a good thing for us all.

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on September 23, 2017, 01:17:34 PM
What's this about an objection by the way, all I've seen referenced was an inquiry?

Delighted the lads can play on, but I do feel for Parkinson who now has Laois CB firmly in his sights. This may be a good thing for us all.

I would be guessing that the inquiry stemmed from an objection. It's not necessarily correct, but that was the initial story I heard?

Don Draper

Quote from: Keyser Söze on September 23, 2017, 01:18:44 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on September 23, 2017, 01:17:34 PM
What's this about an objection by the way, all I've seen referenced was an inquiry?

I would be guessing that the inquiry stemmed from an objection. It's not necessarily correct, but that was the initial story I heard?
Sorry, only going on what sportsjoes article said.

Heshs Umpire

It's a pity Woolly didn't seem to get correct info earlier this year.
He'd have brought a bit of interest to the intermediate championship if nothing else.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore